Biathlon | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Biathlon

yuna13

On the Ice
so happy for martin and simon! he is such a nice guy unlike the norvegians he doesn't try to angry martin or play with him in the media. one summer they even trained together.there is a lot of respect between those two.:agree:
On french tv martin said that he was happy to share the podium with emil and simon.
with four gold martin enter in the history of french sport! so happy for him.:love:

The german biathlon team is insane. for me they're the favorites for the 3 relays.

MelDee

Final Flight
The german biathlon team is insane. for me they're the favorites for the 3 relays.

I absolutely agree, the German team will be one to look out for during the relays, both men and women, and of course the mixed relay.

I suppose the Swedish team could cause an upset in the relays, they're in terrific shape in PyeongChang.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Two great Mass Starts. Delighted for Fourcade, he just about won today. He has his second gold medal but I still expected more hardware for him. I was shocked that he didn’t make the podium for the individual. Glad Kuzmina got her gold medal, 3 medals is a great return. I was slightly annoyed with her tactics in the pursuit, I thought she made it easy for Dahlmeier.

I think the Germans have a great chance of taking gold in all 3 relays. Both of their teams are in top shape despite slightly disappointing seasons but they are delivering when it matters. Although you can take nothing for granted in Biathlon.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
They just showed us that on Channel 7, crazy stuff!

I didn't quite understand the photo finish process and was like "Hey tell us who won!" so it took me a few seconds to realise Fourcade had the gold! Congrats to him! :D

Who ever gets their boot over the line first as shown by the official photo wins....It really doesnt make any sense that they would practice a boot thrust for the 15k till you realize that stragety might dictate that races just become very close at the end, even after 15k or any other length of race.
Chris who shoots much better than he X-C skis. (Wish they had something for us shufflers ;) )

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
BTW, those targets, 2 in diameter for prone and 4.5 in diameter for off hand at 50 meters look like they would be pretty easy to hit. After all, that is only about 4 MOA (minutes of Angle) and 9 MOA. And they are easy if its a nice sunny day and you havent just pushed your body to the limit on skiis and your heart isnt beating 170. These folks are amazing.....

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Coverage of the Mixed Relay is due to start now.

Here is the link for the World Feed coverage on the British Eurosport Player:
https://gb.eurosportplayer.com/event/mixed-relay/6af820f5-7a90-4ca8-8f34-4ee85d1cb6f0

And here is the link for the British Eurosport 1 coverage on the Player (starts at 14m 43s. End of Nordic Combined LIVE coverage and a Speed Skating report at start):
https://gb.eurosportplayer.com/even...biathlon/be3746e8-b452-498e-9245-2129af58e102

Here is the Start List:
https://www.olympic.org/pyeongchang..._C51B2_BTHXRELAY4------------FNL-000100--.pdf

And here is the Live Timing:
https://www.olympic.org/pyeongchang...plus--2x7-5km-men-mixed-relay-fnl-000100-.htm

Hope this helps.

I'm not going to watch LIVE, as I have to finish watching the Gala from Europeans before it expires in a couple of hours time. :drama:

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

MelDee

Final Flight
Congrats to France on the win, a great race for them! Martin Fourcade is now the second most successful biathlete right after Bjoerndalen.

Just one thing though, I don't think Dominik Windisch's maneuvering in the last few meters was fair to Arnd Peiffer. Windisch got in Peiffer's way and deliberately blocked him which meant that Peiffer had to step into the middle lane to get room for himself and lost the chance to attack on the last meters. That wasn't fair of Windisch to do imo.

yuna13

On the Ice
marie did the job : so happy for her she had a hard season.
anais... :hopelessness:i tought it's done no gold perhaps no medal.
simon: no mistake but he didin't take any time in the ski.
martin: again had all the pressure on him. peferct shooting and ski = boum gold. He wanted for so many years a gold with the relay.:bow:

poor arnd not easy to race against martin and then what happened at the finish line. i agree with you meldee that wasn't fair.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Coverage of the final Women's Biathlon race, the 4x6km Relay, is due to start now.

Here is the link for the World Feed coverage on the British Eurosport Player:
https://gb.eurosportplayer.com/event/womens-relay/c6d41bde-200f-42c8-b4f7-331c2c1184b2

Eurosport are not due to join the Biathlon until 20 past the hour, as they are still showing the Nordic Combined Relay.

Here is the link for the British Eurosport 1 coverage on the Player (starts in 20 mintues from now):
https://gb.eurosportplayer.com/channel/e1br

Here is the Start List:
https://www.olympic.org/pyeongchang..._C51B2_BTHW4X6KM-------------FNL-000100--.pdf

And here is the Live Timing:
https://www.olympic.org/pyeongchang...n/results-women-s-4x6km-relay-fnl-000100-.htm

Hope this helps.

I'm not going to watch LIVE, as I haven't seen the Mixed Relay yet.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Phew… women’s relay.. so much ups and downs for the teams... windy and lots of nerves.

Gold Belarus (Domracheva three spare bullets in last shooting)
Silver Sweden (Hanna the hero :eeking:)
Bronze France

Germany in 8th palce and Italy in the lead for so long in 9th. Biathlon is wildly exciting :dbana:

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
A nerve wracking women's relay under unbeliveble conditions due to bad weather. Congrats Belarus, Sweden and France :clap:

MelDee

Final Flight
This women's relay perfectly captured just how wild biathlon can get :laugh:

Congrats to Belarus, and particularly to Darya on becoming the most decorated female biathlete in Olympic history!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
This women's relay perfectly captured just how wild biathlon can get :laugh:

Congrats to Belarus, and particularly to Darya on becoming the most decorated female biathlete in Olympic history!

Yes, very happy for her and that she held it together. Another GOLD mother.... congrats to her, Ole Einar and little Xenia!

MelDee

Final Flight
Yes, very happy for her and that she held it together. Another GOLD mother.... congrats to her, Ole Einar and little Xenia!

She certainly did handle the last shooting quite well as she should given her experience. It was so heartwarming to see Ole cheering her on during the last lap!

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
A nerve wracking women's relay under unbeliveble conditions due to bad weather. Congrats Belarus, Sweden and France :clap:
And as always heartbroken by my countrywomen :slink: :sad21: What a bitter rollercoaster.

1st after three legs. I can't count how many times situations like this already took place. We just don't have luck, other countries seem to have surprising medallists every Olympics, while Poland it's mixed success of our favourites, but those unexpected underdogs just never quite emerge with surprising medals, maybe bar 4 years ago in speed skating - but overall it just does not happen neither in Summer nor Winter Olympics. But then they should have known better, Weronika Nowakowska's nerve have never been her strong suit, I'd rather put Monika on last leg.

MelDee

Final Flight
And as always heartbroken by my countrywomen :slink: :sad21: What a bitter rollercoaster.

Tell me about it, 4 penalty loops for team CZE today. The worst thing is that the Czech #1 Gabriela Koukalová is out with an injury the whole season.

yuna13

On the Ice
the belarus did the job and dayra nailed it! i'm impress.
sweeden: bravo!

france: justine braisaz needs a mental coach! the moment she missed one target she is paralyzed. you can miss but she often breakdown. i wanted celia to run not her. so happy for marie another medal, she was crying on frenchtv.

any prediction for tomorrow? my money is on norway but i tought the german women couldn't lose so you never know. i want one more medal for martin.
martin vs johannes could be fun but i don't know if martin will run in 3 or 4.

MelDee

Final Flight
any prediction for tomorrow? my money is on norway but i tought the german women couldn't lose so you never know. i want one more medal for martin.
martin vs johannes could be fun but i don't know if martin will run in 3 or 4.

Tomorrow is supposed to be particularly windy, so brace yourselves everyone. :biggrin:

Before the women's relay I thought Germany was a safe bet for gold. I'd say the same for the Norwegian men at this point, but stranger things have happened.

Podium favourites include: Norway, Germany, France :2thumbs:

Dark horse of the race: Sweden :devil:

Potential spoilers: Italy, Austria :popcorn:

Personal wish: pls Czechs get it together and finish in TOP 6 :cheer2: