Brand New Ideas for Programs 2.0 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Brand New Ideas for Programs 2.0

nomi darling

On the Ice
A bit out there but I've always really wanted to see a skate to Siouxie and the Banshees, some of their songs had this sort of monotone, hypnotic beat that I feel might work for a skating program. I'd especially love to see someone try on Slowdive or Trust in me :biggrin:
I've been thinking about this for a while. Along those same lines, I'm enchanted by the idea of a duet/shadow program to The Creatures' 'I Was Me'...

PinkElephants

Rinkside
Or Spellbound :3

i see a team of pair skaters skating to Love Crime

Couldn't agree more with both, Love crime especially, that song was practically made for a pair skate!

A sillier idea but, seeing the pictures of Marin skating in the butterfly-themed cosplay outfit reminded me of how badly I want to see someone do a free program to the 2019 movie arrangement of Mothra's theme (although, it would have to have some softer music cut in the middle...)

Or maybe a cut of Alice's theme from the 2010 movie - I remember there was a girl on the JGP a few years ago who skated in an (adorable!) replica of the red dress from that movie, though sadly not to this song

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Couldn't agree more with both, Love crime especially, that song was practically made for a pair skate!

A sillier idea but, seeing the pictures of Marin skating in the butterfly-themed cosplay outfit reminded me of how badly I want to see someone do a free program to the 2019 movie arrangement of Mothra's theme (although, it would have to have some softer music cut in the middle...)

Or maybe a cut of Alice's theme from the 2010 movie - I remember there was a girl on the JGP a few years ago who skated in an (adorable!) replica of the red dress from that movie, though sadly not to this song
the 2010 movie has some popularity in figure skating, i've seen some programs with that soundtrack, if i'm not mistaken Zandron from Austria skated as the mad hatter, i'm sure there're more.

speaking of sountracks i think His Dark Material could be a good fit for a junior girl

Tokyo Drift

On the Ice
Country
France
Siouxie and the Banshees

Passing that awkward moment when I confused this group with The 5.6.7.8'S ("Woo hoo" ; really not my 🍵) :drama: ; Then listening to :

The Creatures' 'I Was Me'...

It reminded me of a voice and a song I couldn't name, unconsciously wanting to check my notepad about some film music, section "long-standing left-behind researches" and That title that rocked me for years was :

:thank:

Then, go for Danny Elfman 🤩, even if I would prefer older compositions like Edward Scissorhands or Beetlejuice OST

litenkyckling

Final Flight
Obviously they might retire after this year but I'd have loved to have seen P/C do Dalida's 'La Danse De Zorba' - perhaps in the folk RD that wasn't to be - I just love the idea of them doing something super French that also has a nod to Gabi's Greek heritage.

Last edited:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
American country is an acquired taste, I know but would love to see an ice dance program to
Observations of a Crow - Marty Stuart

MCsAngel2

On the Ice
I think I’ve only ever seen one Sweeney Todd program! I’d love to see men (or women, why not) using Johanna instead of the millionth Maria from West Side Story (though my absolute favorite is the Act 2 reprise I’m not sure if it would work well out of context in skating)
I love this idea!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
A few of my favorite ideas:

1. I'd love to see a free dance to "Omar Sharif" from The Band's Visit:

2. I'm surprised we haven't seen more Alanis Morrissette programs since the rule change allowing lyrics - but of all her songs I think "Uninvited" would be my choice for a program (possibly in a medley with "Smiling" from her latest album).

3. We don't see too many John Williams programs these days, and I understand why - it was really popular in the '90s, and a lot of his music is so linked to the films it came from that it would be a bit distracting. I think his scores for the Star Wars prequels were really underrated though - even though the films weren't great, the scores come off as more mature and complex than some of his earlier works. I particularly like this arrangement of "Across the Stars" and would love to see a program to it!

4. The score for "Pan's Labyrinth" would be pretty easy to cut into a cohesive medley of pieces for a free skate - I haven't listened to the full score in a while, but as I recall, the "Pan's Lullaby" melody reappears many times throughout the score.
Uninvited by Alanis has been used in recent seasons: Vanessa James and previous partner competed to it, WeaPo has used it, amongst others.

skatesofgold

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I don’t have professional music editing software, but I put together two songs from Eternals to see how they would work together. I don’t know if I’m allowed to link to the mp3 in my Google Drive.

Last edited: