Brand New Ideas for Programs 2.0 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Brand New Ideas for Programs 2.0

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
A bit out there but I've always really wanted to see a skate to Siouxie and the Banshees, some of their songs had this sort of monotone, hypnotic beat that I feel might work for a skating program. I'd especially love to see someone try on Slowdive or Trust in me :biggrin:
Hong Kong Garden!

nomi darling

On the Ice
i love a lot of your choices, i especially love Tallis as idea for a program! we need more renaissence and baroque music in figure skating. as i said elsewhere i myseld would love a Lully program (Louis XIV themed of course), i even have the name: le roi danse
Lully would be incredible!!! Le roi danse after the Corbieu film? I’ve only seen the trailer, but the little bit I saw made me think they took direct inspiration from Henri de Gissy’s costume designs 😍

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
I love Puccini but isn't it time for ''Suor Angelica'?
Or how about O Mio Babbino Caro from Gianni Schicchi? Maybe Quando m'en vo (a/k/a Musetta's Waltz) from La Boheme? Putting aside her politics for the moment, this performance of the waltz by Anna Netrebko is simply marvelous:

Her high notes...holy stratosphere!!! :bow: (although the tempo is a bit slow for my taste...)

Anyway, it's all good. Anything but Nessun Dorma!

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Lully would be incredible!!! Le roi danse after the Corbieu film? I’ve only seen the trailer, but the little bit I saw made me think they took direct inspiration from Henri de Gissy’s costume designs 😍
i watched the movie years ago, i don't remember where :LOL: you can find some clips on youtube, anyway yes, i was inspired by that movie for the idea of the program

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
one more from #TeamClassicalMusic...

If somebody's out there thinking Carmen, why not the Danse Boheme instead of the worn-out Habanera? It's actually my favorite bit from the opera and this concert performance by Elina Garanca, a Latvian mezzo, is a real knockout:

speaking of gypsies i'm still wishing for someone to pick Stride la Vampa from Il Trovatore

nomi darling

On the Ice
one more from #TeamClassicalMusic...

If somebody's out there thinking Carmen, why not the Danse Boheme instead of the worn-out Habanera? It's actually my favorite bit from the opera and this concert performance by Elina Garanca, a Latvian mezzo, is a real knockout:

Elina is my FAVORITE Carmen 😍 (and Netrebko can go to hell 👿). I admit my feelings about opera may be more, ah… fervent than is healthy 😳

litenkyckling

Final Flight
My number one wish is some Wes Anderson inspired programmes - so many of his films are so visually gorgeous and have great soundtracks. The costumes could be amazing!

My mind always goes straight to ice dance because it's so much about storytelling and pure movement but I think it could work for every discipline.

The Grand Budapest Hotel - imagine a RD set to this if the theme were a waltz?

The French Dispatch - I'm a total sucker for french music and I love the colours used in the film. I'm not sure if you could translate the story all that well, but even so it could be great inspiration.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azB-_MlmhfI&list=PLgSIM9nRNAK9iVvFTtxdvu_qKk_QnESeE

Moonrise Kingdom - perhaps best for juniors or younger seniors but again, so much inspiration and a great mix of music to choose from. (There is more than the Alexandre Desplat)

Trusova4Ever

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Ok I might be alone in this but, what about a Carmen San Diego (Reboot) themed exhibition for someone? Don't know who would skate it though but it would look cool... :party2::hap10:💃:scratch2: