China Will Not Host ISU Events in 2018-19 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

China Will Not Host ISU Events in 2018-19

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I wonder if the KOR event turns out to be a success then they will like the taste of it and would want to keep hosting. It could probably mean a 7 event circuit for next seasons once CHN stops their tantrum.
The system for choosing the finalists is built around having six events.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
We can totally build it again. Based on 8 events- I offer to add Barcelona to the list.;)
If Barcelona were to be added, I'd try and make it an annual pilgrimage from the north! Those were so good, and the location was just ideal.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Korea seems to be the most likely host.

CoC -> CoK?

Since we are making changes, I suggest that GP France is now assigned to italy 😁

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Call me crazy, I want a GP in Germany or England, just because.

Honestly I wish Cup of France would be changed to Cup of Europe... let it rotate all over Europe much like SA roams the US states. Why not Germany one year, and England the next, and Italy the next and Norway after that... I think it would be great fun to see it wonder.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Honestly I wish Cup of France would be changed to Cup of Europe... let it rotate all over Europe much like SA roams the US states. Why not Germany one year, and England the next, and Italy the next and Norway after that... I think it would be great fun to see it wonder.

We have Europeans for that matter. We can't take it's general idea and pass it to another event just like that.:roll5:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker

That would be nice, it would great incentive to meet another city every year and skater from different countries get a little home advantage

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I am for 8 events and 8 finalists, they can still keep it to two warm-up groups for pairs.

Why not just have two additional rotating events, one between the smaller federations of Europe and another between the smaller federations of Asia. The host pick rotation would complicate things but this can give smaller federations hosting experience for a substantial event without it being as financially and logistically involved as a big championship.

Tulipstar

Medalist
Wow! I did not expect this!

Korea seems like a good alternative. I was hoping they would get a JGP soon, but this is even bigger. If not them, Kazakhstan would be nice. They did a good job during the Universiade. I'm sure somewhere in Asia would be good. Otherwise, they can come to the Netherlands ;). Seriously, if it really can't be done in Asia, Finland would be a good option. They have the public interest (Finlandia Trophy had a lot of people attending and that is 'just' a Challenger) and venues.
But let's assume it's going to be Korea. That would be good news for young talent Eun Soo Lim.

I'm having a hard time thinking up any reason for cancelling except some kind of conflict with the ISU. Not having enough money to host the events just doesn't make any sense.

There is this: http://www.scmp.com/sport/china/art...ered-winter-olympic-ruling-over-speed-skating

And I'm having trouble finding it, a Chinese judge was singled out recently.

I follow short track only a little, but there is so much drama. It can really cause tension between people from different countries. Kim Boutin go death treats and thousands of people cussing her out on her Instagram because of something that happened during the Olympics.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker

This would actually be really nice, I wish they thought about it!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
We have Europeans for that matter. We can't take it's general idea and pass it to another event just like that.:roll5:

why not ? i think it would be better if GP rotated in Europe. It doesn't remove anything from Europeans...

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
They can give it to South Africa, and fund it entirely.
What a nice dream.

Kara

Final Flight
Cup of Korea RISE from the ashes of Cup of Disaster. Eunsoo, Junhwan, Min/Gam, and maybe even Ryom/Kim to show some unity for the politics going on recently. Samsung start opening those wallets.💁

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
Cup of Korea would be my dream. Please Yunasus, make it happen. :pray: