Cup of China: Predictions Game Round 5 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Cup of China: Predictions Game Round 5

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Can I guess again?! Lol My predictions are really fitting for Cup of Catastrophe if the final results end up as now. :laugh:

nox1

On the Ice
Don't worry, you're not the first person to mistakenly put in somebody who wasn't even entered. Hey, I think I have done it myself in the past!

Any time this has happened before, we have done the latter of your 2 options.

Murakami will be treated as a withdrawal, and the others below him will move up a place.

So, you'll not lose out through making an innocent silly mistake.

My mistake, on the other hand, WILL be scored as it appears on the predictions list. (Still can't believe I made it!) :bang:

CaroLiza_fan

Thanks! :) What was your mistake? :eek:

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
Ice Dance Results

GOLD: casualfan, cer, Fetinia, Karpenko, lost3iron, mis751, NoNameFace, nox1, Poice and ssffww with 75 points! :points::points: :dance3:

SILVER: LA143 and TTM with 70 points! :cheer: :party2:

BRONZE: Arriba627, breynows, CaroLiza_fan, chuckm, DaPurpleDino, daylightescapades, Elaine, eta, HR4, Hyena, Ice Diva, invisiblespiral, karne, Kirei, LadyB, ladykk, lightsout, Marin, mirai4life, Moxiejan, Mrs. P, Nathan13, pherx4, psusanne, randomfan, [email protected], sarahjoanne, semosk8tfan, Starsfan84, sunn1ly, sunnyouyang, surimi, sweetsugar1613, text_skate, Xorasy and Weathergal with 65 points! :yes2:

Congrats to everyone. I will put all results into the spreadsheet tomorrow.

If you find any mistakes, please let me know. (There is a lot of copy and pasting involved.)

I did not score those who changed their predictions after deadline and those who entered first names or nicknames. Please read rules as CaroLiza_fan has linked them in the first post of thread.

Last edited:

lost3iron

More Rock & Roll please!
On the Ice
Ice Dance Results

GOLD: casualfan, cer, Fetinia, Karpenko, lost3iron, mis751, NoNameFace, nox1, Poice and ssffww with 75 points! :points::points: :dance3:

SILVER: LA143 and TTM with 70 points! :cheer: :party2:

BRONZE: Arriba627, breynows, CaroLiza_fan, chuckm, DaPurpleDino, daylightescapades, Elaine, eta, HR4, Hyena, Ice Diva, invisiblespiral, karne, Kirei, LadyB, ladykk, lightsout, Marin, mirai4life, Moxiejan, Mrs. P, Nathan13, pherx4, psusanne, randomfan, [email protected], sarahjoanne, semosk8tfan, Starsfan84, sunn1ly, sunnyouyang, surimi, sweetsugar1613, text_skate and Weathergal with 65 points! :yes2:

If you find any mistakes, please let me know. (There is a lot of copy and pasting involved.)

I did not score those who changed their predictions after deadline and those who entered first names or nicknames. Please read rules as CaroLiza_fan has linked them in the first post of thread.

My first ever gold people! Let's celebrate!🎉🍾

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
:party2:

good to know that at least my ice dance radar is working :laugh: and what made me weep is that I predicted correctly top 4 in men's competition, ladies and pairs are disaster, so I'm gonna celebrate this gold

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Finally looked at the standings and it looks like another episode of Predictions What Predictions.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
...I got 0?

(Though technically that's because I didn't participate lol)
Should that make me feel better? :p I think even if you randomly generate your top 6 you're bound to get a better result than 15.
But I should still celebrate my bronze in Ice Dance! :hap93: And my Pairs score isn't bad either.

Xorasy

Rinkside
Ice Dance Results

BRONZE: Arriba627, breynows, CaroLiza_fan, chuckm, DaPurpleDino, daylightescapades, Elaine, eta, HR4, Hyena, Ice Diva, invisiblespiral, karne, Kirei, LadyB, ladykk, lightsout, Marin, mirai4life, Moxiejan, Mrs. P, Nathan13, pherx4, psusanne, randomfan, [email protected], sarahjoanne, semosk8tfan, Starsfan84, sunn1ly, sunnyouyang, surimi, sweetsugar1613, text_skate and Weathergal with 65 points! :yes2:

Maybe I'm counting wrong, but I got the first four placements correct, and the fifth two placements of, shouldn't that be 4x15 + 5 = 65 points?

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
In dance most of the medalist did good because Paul/Islam withdrew, particularly those who had them in higher as in 5th. A lot of overestimated Can/McM and underestimated the Polish team. Four had the placements right even before the Canadians withdrew.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Should that make me feel better? :p I think even if you randomly generate your top 6 you're bound to get a better result than 15.
But I should still celebrate my bronze in Ice Dance! :hap93: And my Pairs score isn't bad either.

Honestly that's what I'm going to do next year. Just submit randomized predictions for lols. (I pick my NCAA March Madness brackets based on which mascots I like best and I won a bracket contest a few years ago)

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I sucked in Ladies (especially ladies - oh Ashley! :drama: and didn't even put Liza in my top 6) and Dance but I think I'm podium bound with Men's (with only Voronov and Aaron switched) and Pairs (with K/S and D/G switched). I thought CoC would be a total disaster but I'm not too disappointed.

Last edited:

eta

Medalist
I'm doing really horribly in all the GPs so far :p

... except the last two dance events, and I don't even follow dance :laugh2:

ptskate

Rinkside
Pairs Results

Gold medal: xibsuarz with 75 points! :clapper:

Silver medal:
apgold, Arriba627, Sugarpova, mirai4life, berry8, and hydroblader with 70 points!

Bronze medal: Greta with 65 points!

If you find any mistake please PM me and I will fix it.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yay, Bronze medal in dance! :yay: Probably the only freaking thing I did good at here :laugh: