Cup of China: Predictions Game Round 5 | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Cup of China: Predictions Game Round 5

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Word is that Puchi is probably is one of the judges... So.... :) totally jk

I looked at the top 5 predictors (currently) and I quickly scored up our results with Ladies/Men added in. I've got Puchi no longer in the lead but still following closely behind Nathan13 & myself, who seem to share the top score now -- if my math is right. Again, I only looked at the top 5 highest scores, so there's always a chance someone lower down the list made a killing in the ladies predictions here. :unsure:

Will need to await the completion of the final China scoring, of course... but I did much better here than I expected!

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Pairs Results

Gold medal: xibsuarz with 75 points! :clapper:

Silver medal:
apgold, Arriba627, Sugarpova, mirai4life, berry8, and hydroblader with 70 points!

Bronze medal: Greta with 65 points!

If you find any mistake please PM me and I will fix it.

What? I got a gold in pairs!? Yay even though I did horribly in the rest of the disciplines, at least using my 2000th post predicting gave me a gold medal :hap10:

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
I looked at the top 5 predictors (currently) and I quickly scored up our results with Ladies/Men added in. I've got Puchi no longer in the lead but still following closely behind Nathan13 & myself, who seem to share the top score now -- if my math is right. Again, I only looked at the top 5 highest scores, so there's always a chance someone lower down the list made a killing in the ladies predictions here. :unsure:

Will need to await the completion of the final China scoring, of course... but I did much better here than I expected!

You are one of the ISU judges too. I know you guys giving points to skaters and placing them accordingly to your predictions here on forum, so you can get ahead in our predictions ratings. I know, I know. :p

Puchi

On the Ice
I looked at the top 5 predictors (currently) and I quickly scored up our results with Ladies/Men added in. I've got Puchi no longer in the lead but still following closely behind Nathan13 & myself, who seem to share the top score now

And there goes my lead... Why Ashley, why???!!! :p

Too bad I was not invited to judge any event in China...

Last edited:

Puchi

On the Ice
I think most of us lost the Wagner one...

You lost lead with Courtney Hicks & Michal Brezina, no points for either one. :p

Putting my trust in them paid off in Canada and Russia, here it was a disaster... poor kittens.

Fetinia

Rinkside
I won Gold, my first! in ice dance, the discipline I undestand the least.

Last edited:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker

You are right that it is getting more and more crowded towards the top so that someone can rapidly propell themselves up from, say, 10th position. After 2 CoC events the top 5 are:

Nathan13 965
Puchi 965
sabinfire 960
NoNameFace 950
Sugarpova 950

So, Puchi is still in the lead but shares it with Nathan13 and you just one little step behind. I am rooting for Sugarpova who is the only my countrymate "in business" so far. I am not sure if voolfee who is 21-22 is Russian. I so far share 28-34 having my place sort of "frozen" since the very first event. Not enough to get a "free skate spot" so that creative predicting seems necessary for me. NHK gives good opportunities especially ladies.

After thinking a while I got an idea: what about having team competition next year? Teams may be national or trans-national. In the former case I wonder if any nationality proof will be needed or whoever says: "I play for Germany" will be free to do so once she does not change "federation" during the season. The idea is to win in predictions not that your country skaters win. Hence, I don't think that team competition will increase tensions between respective "patriots".

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
You are right that it is getting more and more crowded towards the top so that someone can rapidly propell themselves up from, say, 10th position. After 2 CoC events the top 5 are:

Nathan13 965
Puchi 965
sabinfire 960
NoNameFace 950
Sugarpova 950

W-H-A-T?!

sorry guys, but I'm shocked about this - I don't check spreadsheet for like overall results etc., only just popping up here to check if my scores were good enough to podium in some segments...This is insane as I totally blown Skate America, guess it's never too late to surprise myelf. However, I'll be out of top 5 after Ladies scores :D

LadyB

Record Breaker
Ice Dance Results

BRONZE: Arriba627, breynows, CaroLiza_fan, chuckm, DaPurpleDino, daylightescapades, Elaine, eta, HR4, Hyena, Ice Diva, invisiblespiral, karne, Kirei, LadyB, ladykk, lightsout, Marin, mirai4life, Moxiejan, Mrs. P, Nathan13, pherx4, psusanne, randomfan, [email protected], sarahjoanne, semosk8tfan, Starsfan84, sunn1ly, sunnyouyang, surimi, sweetsugar1613, text_skate, Xorasy and Weathergal with 65 points! :yes2:

My fourth bronze this GP season, I'm on a roll! :laugh:

MIM

Medalist
I just read that I had to list full name or full last name of the skaters...
I mixed up with first name or nick name and that is why I am getting 0 for ID and pairs... :dumb:

This was the nightmare for me but has never been a reality until now; not printing your name on an exam paper or an assignment when you turn them in!!:(

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thanks! :) What was your mistake? :eek:

I said in my analysis that I was putting Yan Han into 2nd place and Jin Boyang into 3rd, but forgot to change them around to that order in my predictions list.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I just read that I had to list full name or full last name of the skaters...
I mixed up with first name or nick name and that is why I am getting 0 for ID and pairs... :dumb:

This was the nightmare for me but has never been a reality until now; not printing your name on an exam paper or an assignment when you turn them in!!:(

It actually gets worse. Because you and sunnystars edited your predictions posts after the deadline, you will both actually be scoring nothing in any category.

This may sound harsh, but the scorers have no way of knowing what changes you made to your posts. Only the posters themselves, and the Mods, can see the edit history.

Additionally, Florencito and NYscorp6 will also be scoring nothing because they posted predictions after the deadline. (Although, they did both realise they were late and only posted for the categories that had not yet started).

We were kind on late predictions during the Junior GP Game because there were only a few players. But, this is the Senior GP Game where there are considerably more players. So, we have to be strict on things like this.

I really don't like doing this. But, a precedent for being tough was set during Skate America when Alex D didn't include surnames for his Pairs and Dance predictions. So, we have to be consistent.

I'm really sorry.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

MIM

Medalist
It actually gets worse. Because you and sunnystars edited your predictions posts after the deadline, you will both actually be scoring nothing in any category.

This may sound harsh, but the scorers have no way of knowing what changes you made to your posts. Only the posters themselves, and the Mods, can see the edit history.

Additionally, Florencito and NYscorp6 will also be scoring nothing because they posted predictions after the deadline. (Although, they did both realise they were late and only posted for the categories that had not yet started).

We were kind on late predictions during the Junior GP Game because there were only a few players. But, this is the Senior GP Game where there are considerably more players. So, we have to be strict on things like this.

I really don't like doing this. But, a precedent for being tough was set during Skate America when Alex D didn't include surnames for his Pairs and Dance predictions. So, we have to be consistent.

I'm really sorry.

CaroLiza_fan

Oh, that is fine. Thank you for the response. Rule is a rule and I don't complain! I should have been more aware of the rules.

I got all the men's correct. I think my prediction is getting better. ;)

rosacotton

Final Flight
Men Results

GOLD: jenaj and Poice with 75 points
SILVER: apgold, casualfan, cer, corynna, daylightescapades, Hydroblader, Kirei, Mrs. P, NoNameFace, randomfan, sabinfire, sequinsgalore, skylark, tinnychan, TTM with 65 points
BRONZE: Arriba627, Crossover, Daniel1998, FreeAgent, glorybox6, Karpenko, kumagoro, LadyB, Marin, Marius, matmuh, Nathan13, Puchi with 60 points

Congratulations to everyone!!!:yes2:

If there are any mistakes please let me know.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Men Results

SILVER: apgold, casualfan, cer, corynna, daylightescapades, Hydroblader, Kirei, Mrs. P, NoNameFace, randomfan, sabinfire, sequinsgalore, skylark, tinnychan, TTM with 65 points

Silver for the Men!!! :dance3: :hap93: :points: :hap36: :hap57: :hap10: :dance3:

So far, I've won at least one medal in every GP ... not in every discipline, but for the week-end overall. I am amazed. :)

Last edited:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Overall top 5 after 3 events:

Nathan13 1025
Puchi 1025
sabinfire 1025
NoNameFace 1015
apgold 1010

I made the top 5? Wow! :yahoo:

However, with NHK Trophy next week, not sure if that will stand - what a crazy field there, especially in Dance, Ladies and Men. Good luck to all!