Curling | Golden Skate

Curling

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Team Homan is from my hometown! Go Rachel and team.

BTW.. if you are not a curling fan try watching the mixed doubles. It's much faster paced and quite exciting. The games are shorter and there is lots of hitting.

HURRY HARD!:rock:

Last edited:

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Mixed doubles is supposed to air live today at 7:05 on nbc and "live" on nbcsn at midnight

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’ll wind up totally addicted to the curling! During the Vancouver Olympics I watched it almost obsessively.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I am watching John Morris struggle in the mixed game vs China. Just scored 4 though so...

I'm amazed at what curling becoming an Olympic sport has done for the internationalism of the sport. The Chinese team is very good.

Manitou

Medalist
The main reason why I watch this sport! :love::love::love:

So I am not the only one!

I never watched curling before, I actually started watching curling two days ago, as there was nothing else on TV. I had to literally read the rules to understand. And now it's one of my favorite sports to watch! It's incredible! How did I never discover it before?!
I recommend to rewatch their match against Norway. Nastya had some incredible shots - is this how to call them? Runs? Curls?
And she is so easy for the eyes, which definitely helps. And shows her character.
They started terribly their Olympics in their match against the US, but now they're up. I can't wait to cheer for them again.

synteis

Medalist
I just finished watching the Canada/Swiss mixed doubles match. It really is a fun game. All the strategy but with the bonus of having to actually make the shots.

Manitou

Medalist
The screaming Nastya advanced to the semis. The more Nastya on TV the better Olympics... :)

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I had never watched curling before. My favorite part is definitely all that screaming. [emoji23] So intense, relaxing! Lol

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m watching mixed doubles and wow!! This girl from China is fire 🔥

She can make some serious shots :bow:

I agree about the screaming but just the general communication in so many languages is great, Plus the cow bells ringing!!!!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The best thing about Curling has to be the Norwegian teams pants...

This is fashion at the highest level :biggrin::laugh: https://www.facebook.com/NOCTP/

I watched some of the mixed doubles too, I must say the married Russians were certainly having some lively discussions about how to hit their rocks!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
John and Kaitlyn will have to face the well panted Norwegian team in the semis. The Norwegians beat them in the round robin.

Your Russians are in the other semi.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I caught an early match and ever since have been trying to watch more but it seems like NBC never wants to air curling! :(

reneerose

Final Flight
I watched some of it with the American and Chinese mixed doubles and I was laughing because it sounds like they are squabbling about how to get the stones to the middle of the circle, which I didn't get was the point of curling, it being my first time watching. To the left , no more to the right, no.....faster...no slower....more....no less.... :laugh:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
OAR still has a chance for bronze though. And I think your women's team is in the hunt for gold.

Good luck Kaitlyn and John.