Country
United-States
Error Code 404

Path Not Found

Reason: wrong thread

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Canadian curling fans right now :scratch2::eek::drama::confused::disapp::palmf::hslap: All the feels, ladies and gentlemen, all the feels.

magicalwords

On the Ice
After FD yesterday I ended up watching US vs. KOR women's curling and... strangely enjoyed it. What am I getting myself into... This one Korean lady with glasses had super intense and killer face. Loved her!

Tigerlily87

On the Ice
I think it’s a shame that Canada isn’t going to make it, but at the same time it’s nice to see competitiveness in the sports and other countries stepping up. I fear for sports like women’s hockey where it’s continuously the same two teams playing for the gold medal. When there isn’t competitiveness in a sport I always worry that it’s going to be removed from the Olympics

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I think it’s a shame that Canada isn’t going to make it, but at the same time it’s nice to see competitiveness in the sports and other countries stepping up. I fear for sports like women’s hockey where it’s continuously the same two teams playing for the gold medal. When there isn’t competitiveness in a sport I always worry that it’s going to be removed from the Olympics

I think it's great that the Korean women are in first place. Great for curling.

rvi5

On the Ice
Not sure what happened to the Canadian curling teams. The Canadian women's team sailed through Worlds undefeated to win gold. Now they are eliminated. At least the mens are still hanging in there.

...I fear for sports like women’s hockey where it’s continuously the same two teams playing for the gold medal. When there isn’t competitiveness in a sport I always worry that it’s going to be removed from the Olympics
Women’s hockey were given an ultimatum after the Vancouver Olympics...show signs of improvement within 8 years, or they are out. The IIHF responded by creating a mentoring program. Since then, other teams are losing to Canada and the US by single digit scores instead of the double digits at Vancouver. At Sochi, the Swiss won bronze instead of the usual Finland and Sweden. There is still a ways to go before Canada and the US are threatened, but it would be unrealistic to expect instant results.

Enough progress has been made, that the IIHF expects to add additional teams for the Beijing winter Olympics.

https://olympics.cbc.ca/news/article/olympic-women-hockey-expanding-teams-for-beijing-2022.html

Tigerlily87

On the Ice
Not sure what happened to the Canadian curling teams. The Canadian women's team sailed through Worlds undefeated to win gold. Now they are eliminated. At least the mens are still hanging in there.

Women’s hockey were given an ultimatum after the Vancouver Olympics...show signs of improvement within 8 years, or they are out. The IIHF responded by creating a mentoring program. Since then, other teams are losing to Canada and the US by single digit scores instead of the double digits at Vancouver. At Sochi, the Swiss won bronze instead of the usual Finland and Sweden. There is still a ways to go before Canada and the US are threatened, but it would be unrealistic to expect instant results.

Enough progress has been made, that the IIHF expects to add additional teams for the Beijing winter Olympics.

https://olympics.cbc.ca/news/article/olympic-women-hockey-expanding-teams-for-beijing-2022.html

That’s really good to hear. I hope that it continues to improve because I would hate to lose it as a sport

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Congratulations to Asia on securing their first ever Olympic curling silver or gold medal!

breadstal

Record Breaker
So it's Sweden vs South Korea for Gold/ Silver and Japan vs Great Britain for Bronze/ 4th in women's tournament.

In men's tournament; Switzerland has Bronze! Sweden vs USA for Gold/ Silver. I've missed most of games sadly but I just love curling, it's so addicting :drama:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Both Swedish teams in final. Wonder why they don’t have a mixed team. Lots of good curlers at home, but maybe just not found the right pair? How/where do mixed teams qualify for olympics? I didn’t know about this disciplin until these olympics.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Life in Canada is over! OVER. If we lose at hockey the whole country will need a alcoholic beverage or 8 to make it through! :drama:

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Gutted for the Japanese ladies. Behind for the entire match, they tie it with a steal at the very end, only to ultimately lose on the final, well-placed shot in the extra end. Really hope they can pull off the bronze tonight.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well I'm thrilled for the US men, but boy that Swedish team has quite the collection of hotties. I'm surprised the ice didn't melt!

tana

Match Penalty
Gutted for the Japanese ladies. Behind for the entire match, they tie it with a steal at the very end, only to ultimately lose on the final, well-placed shot in the extra end. Really hope they can pull off the bronze tonight.

Yes, it's tragic. But both teams were wonderful and gave viewers a game that was very thrilling and enjoyable. Hope that more Asian countries will step up to popularize the sport in the region.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
So it's Sweden vs South Korea for Gold/ Silver and Japan vs Great Britain for Bronze/ 4th in women's tournament.

In men's tournament; Switzerland has Bronze! Sweden vs USA for Gold/ Silver. I've missed most of games sadly but I just love curling, it's so addicting :drama:

If you lived here you wouldn't have a chance to miss curling. It's on at least 2 times a month for a week at a time on the either TSN or Sportsnet.