Daria Panenkova left Eteri’s group? | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Daria Panenkova left Eteri’s group?

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Sure. But how to be motivated while injured? How to be motivated when your coach denies your injury and punishes you with degradation to less advanced group? Great job, #TeamTutberdzeForProgress.

All skaters at some point train while injured, it depends on the type and severity of injury, how to train and what to train. You might have a slight problem and still skate and train in order not to lose your shape.
You might have a big problem and still train.
Joseph Phan has an injury and is only allowed to jump loops, so he trains loop combos and quad loop. Probably practices spins and stsq as well.
If he’s injured, it doesn’t mean he’ll be out of rink as a whole.
It works like this for all skaters.
We see him continue to work and push himself even harder by learning quads.

Daria‘s injury might have restricted some things, but not all things. If the doctor allowed her to go out and skate, she probably was allowed a certain amount of jumps or something else.
It does appear like she lost motivation more than anything else, as she herself said, she thought she’s done with figure skating and wanted to retire, but changed her mind after hibernating at home for a couple of weeks.

For all we know, they limited the jumps for Erokhov and Kostornaya after they came back from their injuries, definitely not pushed them, but did the opposite by telling them to take it slow and no one was sent to other groups.

Daria herself said that Eteri called her later and asked her to try again, but Daria said no, a decision she later regretted and expressed her intention to try to get back to Eteri group.

Scott512

Record Breaker
She looked lost and forlorn in the Instagram videos that one of those rotten channels stole and uploaded to YouTube.
So my guess is motivation and training result issues. #TeamTutberidzeForProgress has no room, time or energy for those that aren’t 100% motivated.

Edited: many stolen videos from Instagram with Anastasiya Gubanova appear now, is she another skater with her career in a slump?
Who is stealing Darias and Nastyas videos?

Yes Nastya is career is in a a slump of sorts because of injury to start last season, having average results by her standards and having 3A blow by her like she didn't even exist. :( But I think Russian Federation may be trying to save her career this season by having her skate Juniors with some challenges as well so she can get some career-best scoring like 3A did last season. I think Russian Federation Thinks giving Anastasia one or two grand prix assignments this season and having a go up against the top Russian girls it's too much for her at this point. I just hope Nastya can reboot her career this year get some excellent scores and experience and take off while all along showing her wonderful skating skills, musicality and amazing spins.

As for Dasha she is so lovely. I miss her. She's in a much worse spot than Nastya is at this point in their careers. It's too bad things went south for Daria with Eteri's group. Maybe she will move to Buyanova. Why should anyone give up on a 16 year old? I hope she's healthy. Sadly often in life and sports and even in the animal kingdom as we know the injured and weak get left behind. Daria's injury her last season with Eteri was such a setback for her career and confidence. I hope she can overcome it.

hanca

Record Breaker
Who is stealing Darias and Nastyas videos?

Yes Nastya is career is in a a slump of sorts because of injury to start last season, having average results by her standards and having 3A blow by her like she didn't even exist. :( But I think Russian Federation may be trying to save her career this season by having her skate Juniors with some challenges as well so she can get some career-best scoring like 3A did last season. I think Russian Federation Thinks giving Anastasia one or two grand prix assignments this season and having a go up against the top Russian girls it's too much for her at this point. I just hope Nastya can reboot her career this year get some excellent scores and experience and take off while all along showing her wonderful skating skills, musicality and amazing spins.
The problem with this theory is that I don’t think Gubanova has a chance to stand out the way 3A did last season. She will have to fight with Kanysheva and Valieva, who both have a quad. Considering that they are Tutberidze’s girls, it is also likely that they will be competition ready from the beginning of the season and they will be consistent. Gubanova is not particularly consistent. In theory, Gubanova has an advantage because she has more mature presentation, but this is not as appreciated at junior level, so it won’t bring her many extra points. So Gubanova can hope to be third any time when she go against Kanysheva and Valieva, but that wouldn’t have the same boost for her senior career next year. With 3A, the reason why all three got the boost for their senior career was that they always medalled, always got first when not facing each other, and when facing each other, every time different girl came first. Trusova got gold at junior nationals and junior worlds, Sherbakova at senior nationals, Kostornaya at JGPF. So all of them won some significant gold medal. I don’t think Gubanova has a chance to beat both Kanysheva and Valieva if they face each other at JGPF or junior worlds, and she has even less chance to win seniors nationals.

hanca

Record Breaker
Daria should skate as bella from Twilight. Perfect fit

What exactly you see on her skating to make that a perfect fit? I would prefer someone who is better at interpretation of the music to skate to that.

halulupu

Final Flight
What exactly you see on her skating to make that a perfect fit? I would prefer someone who is better at interpretation of the music to skate to that.
That is the point. No need of interpretation. She just needs to be herself. I always get a feeling of endless suffering from her. the empy sad stares, her natural palness. She is bella

icetug

Medalist

I remember Daria winning over Alena in PCS scores for the music interpretation :yes:.
At JGP Gdansk 2017 Daria won FS with a stunning performance that put Alena's in a shade...

icetug

Medalist
All skaters at some point train while injured, it depends on the type and severity of injury, how to train and what to train.
It does appear like she lost motivation more than anything else, as she herself said, she thought she’s done with figure skating and wanted to retire, but changed her mind after hibernating at home for a couple of weeks.

Come on, Daria started at JGP Gdansk with a bone fracture though she managed to win FS. She was THAT motivated.

Judging from her performances after Gdansk she never fully healed from the injury she got there. She must have felt really bad if she called her mother to Novogorsk the day she left the camp.

Surely she didn't want to continue, permanently injured. When she felt better, tried to come back.

For all we know, they limited the jumps for Erokhov and Kostornaya after they came back from their injuries, definitely not pushed them, but did the opposite by telling them to take it slow and no one was sent to other groups.

And we know that Daria wasn't that privileged.

Daria herself said that Eteri called her later and asked her to try again, but Daria said no, a decision she later regretted and expressed her intention to try to get back to Eteri group.

I don't remember Daria having said that. Please give me a source.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Come on, Daria started at JGP Gdansk with a bone fracture though she managed to win FS. She was THAT motivated.

Judging from her performances after Gdansk she never fully healed from the injury she got there. She must have felt really bad if she called her mother to Novogorsk the day she left the camp.

Surely she didn't want to continue, permanently injured. When she felt better, tried to come back.

And we know that Daria wasn't that privileged.

I don't remember Daria having said that. Please give me a source.

We were talking about her losing motivation after 2017-2018 season. She might have been doing well in that season and something might have happened to her after.
We don’t know anything about Daria‘s privileges. I was making a point that other injured athletes were doing well, athletes that I don’t even know why you think are privileged (Erokhov?)

About her mom coming to Novogorsk: it’s not a week long summer camp, kids stay there for 2 months, do you really think that they all don’t see their parents for 2 months? Her mom coming there says nothing, since every parent will come and visit their child.

The interview itself is even called: I would want to go back to Tutberidze
(And in the interview she herself said that she got bored after staying at home for 2 weeks and realized that she can’t live without FS, not anything else)
https://youtu.be/QtYavcrkQWw

Just to add: Daria also says that in that camp no one is going to make you work, it’s up to you. We heard the same thing from Alina and Alexey Erokhov too: if you don’t have any desire to skate or if you’re being lazy, coaches won’t make you work, and after a certain time you’re going to be dismissed.
And Alexey also says, that although he’s not very talented (in his interview with that same woman he breaks down his skating journey), he’s a hardworker, and that’s his best feature (https://fsrussia.ru/intervyu/3431-aleksej-erokhov-u-tutberidze-nikto-ne-zastavlyaet-rabotat-sam-vsjo-dolzhen-ponimat.html).

Scott512

Record Breaker
The problem with this theory is that I don’t think Gubanova has a chance to stand out the way 3A did last season. She will have to fight with Kanysheva and Valieva, who both have a quad. Considering that they are Tutberidze’s girls, it is also likely that they will be competition ready from the beginning of the season and they will be consistent. Gubanova is not particularly consistent. In theory, Gubanova has an advantage because she has more mature presentation, but this is not as appreciated at junior level, so it won’t bring her many extra points. So Gubanova can hope to be third any time when she go against Kanysheva and Valieva, but that wouldn’t have the same boost for her senior career next year. With 3A, the reason why all three got the boost for their senior career was that they always medalled, always got first when not facing each other, and when facing each other, every time different girl came first. Trusova got gold at junior nationals and junior worlds, Sherbakova at senior nationals, Kostornaya at JGPF. So all of them won some significant gold medal. I don’t think Gubanova has a chance to beat both Kanysheva and Valieva if they face each other at JGPF or junior worlds, and she has even less chance to win seniors nationals.

Nastya has a chance because she's such a beautiful skater with amazing spins and a rare natural feel for the music. Very similar to Kostornias skill set. And like you said she's a very mature skater and that will look good in the Juniors where her top competition certainly can't skate with a maturity and elegance that Nastya does. If she can become 20 to 30% more consistent that will help a lot for her future. .Then in a year or so add a tougher jump or 2. But now she needs to stabilize her career. I hope she has the right attitude if she does get sent back to juniors. Skating in a couple challengers and senior Bs would help Nastyas too,

I miss Dasha and hope she has a great comeback in her. Alina who is friebds with both Dasha and Polina probably cant believe Polina is reutred and Dasha is struggling so much. But thats figure skating.