Edea or Jacksons? | Golden Skate

Edea or Jacksons?

chloeskater

Spectator
Hi, i’m a 17 year old beginner figure skater currently upto learning scratch spins and a salchow (i progress really fast when learning new skills). I’m about 52k (114lbs) height is around 5’5 and i skate nearly everyday, i have 5 private lessons a fortnight and practice often in the public sessions as well. i’m currently using jackson’s mystiques which aren’t for the level im at right now and ive been told multiple times to change my skates before i end up hurting myself since those skates aren’t for the skills i do. im deciding between the EDEA chorus or the jacksons debut, both with the coronation ace blade. ive tried both on but i cant decide on which i like more. i definitely prefer a looser ankle since that’s what im used to and i want a boot with more stiffness since my ankles are quite weak. but ive been told that EDEA breaks down alot faster than Jackson’s (which is why i said chorus and not overture) and i also like how the jackson’s are heatmoldable. (money isn’t a problem) my coach has said that either would be good for me and it depends on how they feel on my feet, trying them both on without a blade and just on ground is making it more difficult to choose since i love both and have no idea which one i should get. can i please get someone’s advice?!?!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi, i’m a 17 year old beginner figure skater currently upto learning scratch spins and a salchow (i progress really fast when learning new skills). I’m about 52k (114lbs) height is around 5’5 and i skate nearly everyday, i have 5 private lessons a fortnight and practice often in the public sessions as well. i’m currently using jackson’s mystiques which aren’t for the level im at right now and ive been told multiple times to change my skates before i end up hurting myself since those skates aren’t for the skills i do. im deciding between the EDEA chorus or the jacksons debut, both with the coronation ace blade. ive tried both on but i cant decide on which i like more. i definitely prefer a looser ankle since that’s what im used to and i want a boot with more stiffness since my ankles are quite weak. but ive been told that EDEA breaks down alot faster than Jackson’s (which is why i said chorus and not overture) and i also like how the jackson’s are heatmoldable. (money isn’t a problem) my coach has said that either would be good for me and it depends on how they feel on my feet, trying them both on without a blade and just on ground is making it more difficult to choose since i love both and have no idea which one i should get. can i please get someone’s advice?!?!
Hi and welcome.

You need a brand that fits YOUR Feet. Not just choosing a random brand. You need a pro fitter not just anyone fitting you.
So, we need to know a few things here to help you.
Where are you in this world so we can suggest a legit fitter?
Arches: v. high/high/normal/low/flat?
foot type/style?

Thanks and good luck!

ETA: Edea in no way has a stiffer ankle than any of the other brands, they aren't made that way on purpose.

chloeskater

Spectator
Hi and welcome.

You need a brand that fits YOUR Feet. Not just choosing a random brand. You need a pro fitter not just anyone fitting you.
So, we need to know a few things here to help you.
Where are you in this world so we can suggest a legit fitter?
Arches: v. high/high/normal/low/flat?
foot type/style?

Thanks and good luck!

ETA: Edea in no way has a stiffer ankle than any of the other brands, they aren't made that way on purpose.
I’m in sydney aus and the only store that has both boots is quite far and none of the workers there are skaters which sucks. my feet are quite wide and arches are normal, these two boots were recommended by my coach and she told me both would be good, and that it just depended on what was more comfortable on me but both are so i don’t know!!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I’m in sydney aus and the only store that has both boots is quite far and none of the workers there are skaters which sucks. my feet are quite wide and arches are normal, these two boots were recommended by my coach and she told me both would be good, and that it just depended on what was more comfortable on me but both are so i don’t know!!
Hi. Not all coaches know how to suggest boots. An Edea is not made for wide feet types. Hearing about your feet you should probably be in a Jackson.

tstop4me

Final Flight
Country
United-States
<<Emphasis added.>> Don't automatically dismiss this shop for this reason. Ask other skaters for their experiences. Where I am in the US, there's one shop I used to go to that's owned by a guy with great figure-skating credentials (ex-competitor, ex-pro, current coach). But as a fitter and tech, he's merely OK (and I really don't like the blade finish after his sharpenings). Meanwhile, the shop I do go to these days is run by a guy who is not a figure skater (though he played a bit of hockey when he was younger). But as a fitter and tech, he's excellent (and does top-notch sharpenings).

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
“Edeas or jacksons?”

It depends on you foot type and measurements, I’d say.
Professional fitters are not always close by where we live and/or skate at but when purchasing new skates, it’s a travel worth making to be fitted in person.
Depending on traffic, I’m a little more than 2 hours away from mine and I think I’m lucky, I know people traveling longer to go visit her when they need.

You say you feel comfortable in both brands of skates? One more reason to go in person, this is not a question that can accurately be answered online in my humble opinion. The majority of skaters I know in person wear either Edea or risport and the only one who wears Jacksons has really wide feet with a wide toebox and couldn’t stand either Edea or Risport.