Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 100 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
With as many ladies 3As that have been landed at Skate America I was kinda expecting her to want to leave her mark.

Tutto

Record Breaker
Mishin is clearly not happy with Lambiel's work, I don't think we'll see much of the original after all

LRK

Record Breaker
Mishin is clearly not happy with Lambiel's work, I don't think we'll see much of the original after all

I get that impression, too, though.... I can only go by Google translate, and I know how unreliable that can be, so I hope you'll correct me if I've got the wrong impression from the article! - what I got from it was that Mishin was unhappy with the music choice rather than the choreo per se? And that he thinks the music is too similar to what Liza has used before, and that he wants her to be more versatile? Which, if so, is certainly surprising, I must confess!

(And then, when all is said and done, maybe she'll turn up with another tango, after all. ;) )

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
(And then, when all is said and done, maybe she'll turn up with another tango, after all. ;) )
Don't say that! I don't particularly care what the choreography is at this point (I can't see Lambiel's original anyway, so I don't exactly have attachment to it), but no tangos!

I just wish they had more time to work out the details. For instance, if she had a month together with Lambiel, I'm sure there are ways to a) make the skater comfortable b) stay true to the choreographer's vision and c) fit Mishin's requirements for music choice/whatever-I-can't-understand-from-Google-translate. A week just isn't enough time, and it seems kinda pointless to bring Lambiel in without consulting him again.

moriel

Record Breaker
Mishin also says Liza will participate of many competitions, less than last year, but still many.
This reminds me of some interview where he said that a skater must compete a lot, and train to not peak once in season and then go down, but to always do an at least ok skate.

winky97

Medalist
With as many ladies 3As that have been landed at Skate America I was kinda expecting her to want to leave her mark.

I was hoping for Her to come to Skate America again since I am going. Kicking myself for blowing it off. There is always Worlds, since I am also going there.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Every singles skater has his/her weaknesses in skating, so it is natural to change some choreography of the program to make it more comfortable and easier to skate.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Every singles skater has his/her weaknesses in skating, so it is natural to change some choreography of the program to make it more comfortable and easier to skate.
Yes, but I'd rather they involved Lambiel in those changes. There are ways to make the skater comfortable while also preserving the original intent. Plus, it's really early, they have plenty of time to work on anything she isn't comfortable with.

All that being said, we haven't even seen the program, so it's impossible to judge.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
really hope most of Stephane's choreo remains.

& Happy Liza won the sobaka poll.:cheer2: i voted:biggrin:
& like someone mentioned in the Rus girls thread I hope she will parade around the city in the Queen outfit from the photoshoot ;):p

LRK

Record Breaker
Yes, but I'd rather they involved Lambiel in those changes. There are ways to make the skater comfortable while also preserving the original intent. Plus, it's really early, they have plenty of time to work on anything she isn't comfortable with.

All that being said, we haven't even seen the program, so it's impossible to judge.

Again, by this it seems the music choice was the problem:

"If we talk about music, it is usually chosen based on the individual athlete. I'm in my coaching try to be guided not only by this rule. It should also be aimed at to expand the creative range of the athlete."

By that I get the impression that Liza chose music in her comfort zone, but that Mishin wasn't happy with it. Or that is what I gather that he is saying, at any rate. He was there, so he could have objected to it at the time - but maybe he didn't like it on reflection. I think the main problem is that they set aside so little time for it - but then, Stephane had to be off to Japan, I suppose. Anyway, I don't suppose we'll ever really know.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
really hope most of Stephane's choreo remains.

& Happy Liza won the sobaka poll.:cheer2: i voted:biggrin:
& like someone mentioned in the Rus girls thread I hope she will parade around the city in the Queen outfit from the photoshoot ;):p

I'm afraid she hasn't won the poll yet. There are still 3 days and 9 hours left, and "Mr Hockey Dude" is less than 1.5% behind her! :eek:

Here are the current standings:

1. Liza Tuktamysheva (Figure Skating) 37.32%
2. Ilya Kovalchuk (Ice Hockey) 35.93%
3. FC "Zenit" (Football) 18.5%
4. Ekaterina Yurlova (Biathlon) 8.25%

We need Liza to win this. So, PLEASE vote everybody!!!

http://top50.sobaka.ru/vote/sport

I don't know if anybody else noticed, but they changed the photo used for Ekaterina Yurlova a couple of days ago. But, if they thought that putting a much more flattering photo up would help boost her votes, it hasn't worked. Her percentage is even lower now than it was when I was commenting about it being lower than I would have expected!

CaroLiza_fan

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
I get that impression, too, though.... I can only go by Google translate, and I know how unreliable that can be, so I hope you'll correct me if I've got the wrong impression from the article! - what I got from it was that Mishin was unhappy with the music choice rather than the choreo per se? And that he thinks the music is too similar to what Liza has used before, and that he wants her to be more versatile? Which, if so, is certainly surprising, I must confess!

Again, by this it seems the music choice was the problem:

"If we talk about music, it is usually chosen based on the individual athlete. I'm in my coaching try to be guided not only by this rule. It should also be aimed at to expand the creative range of the athlete."

By that I get the impression that Liza chose music in her comfort zone, but that Mishin wasn't happy with it. Or that is what I gather that he is saying, at any rate. He was there, so he could have objected to it at the time - but maybe he didn't like it on reflection. I think the main problem is that they set aside so little time for it - but then, Stephane had to be off to Japan, I suppose. Anyway, I don't suppose we'll ever really know.

A more complete translation of Mishin's words:
"Of course, Stephane gave his contribution. But for the program to become absolutely workable, it needs serious "after-treatment"/to be worked on much more. Really, the experience of the coaches who work with Liza in St. Petersburg, including the main choreographer Tatiana Prokofieva, is surely much more all-around/extensive and constructive than the mastery of skating of this outstanding skater. As for music, it is usually chosen based on the skater's individuality. I in my work as a coach I try to follow not only this rule. It (the music) must be aimed at expanding the creative range of the athlete."

So he didn't say per se that he was not satisfied with the music chosen by Liza and Stephane (although it could be understood that way), and the problem is indeed in the choreography itself. I think the main thing that he is saying (if not in those exact words) is that the program needs to be worked on so that Liza would be comfortable with executing all the technical elements in it. Also, while it's definitely true that Stephane doesn't have that much experience yet, I still find Mishin's words a bit insulting towards him. It's like he is saying that Stephane is merely a very good skater who is just trying his hand as a choreographer, although in reality he has been a choreographer and also a coach already for some time now. True, he is coaching mostly children and young skaters, not accomplished figure skating stars, and he is not working full time in his coaching school, but when he is there (which is still often - at least several days a week on average), he is teaching the young skaters much more than just skating skills. To ignore that and his previous work as a choreographer for competitive programs so completely is a bit offending indeed. What may be true is that Stephane cares for the artistic side and musicality of a program a bit too much to make it maximally comfortable for executing the technical elements, and that he is often quite demanding towards skaters in terms of choreography and transitions - maybe too demanding. And perhaps that often results in his programs being reworked a lot.

Anyway, sorry for the not perfect translation. English is not my native language, so sometimes it is difficult to find the right words when I want to translate something without rewording too much (Russian is not my native language either, but I know it well enough to understand what is said perfectly).

In an earlier interview Liza said expressly that Stephane won't have time to work on polishing the program/s until the Russian test skates. He has a lot of shows in Asia in June and July, a summer camp with his skating school in August, and he is still trying to be in the school itself as much as possible in between that all, plus choreographing for others, plus doing his share for the group that is trying to bring the 2020 Youth Olympic games to Lausanne, plus attending events for the charity organization that he supports etc.. So it's not like his only work is choreographing for Liza and he has lots of free time for that.

LRK

Record Breaker
Thanks for the translation/clarification! It's always a tad difficult to deduce what is being said via Google translate - not that I'm not grateful it exists, it certainly "better than nothing", but one has always to be so careful in how much one can trust it... or make out of it.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Keep voting, guys: http://top50.sobaka.ru/vote/sport Liza's at 37.45, and Mr. Hockey Dude is at 37.16. Too close for comfort...

In an earlier interview Liza said expressly that Stephane won't have time to work on polishing the program/s until the Russian test skates. He has a lot of shows in Asia in June and July, a summer camp with his skating school in August, and he is still trying to be in the school itself as much as possible in between that all, plus choreographing for others, plus doing his share for the group that is trying to bring the 2020 Youth Olympic games to Lausanne, plus attending events for the charity organization that he supports etc.. So it's not like his only work is choreographing for Liza and he has lots of free time for that.
Well, if Stephane's the one who has no time, then there's nothing Liza or Mishin could do about it. Hopefully they'll have the chance to work together again by the test skates.