Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 284 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Tyranid

Final Flight
I haven't posted posted here in a million years (and regret it) but Jesus Christ... Liza!!!!!! :cheer::party2::hap10:

You have medalled at nationals within a 14-year time period. I think its a friggin world record. Also I don't think there has ever been a skater in history who made the podium 7 years since their last one (2015 nats: 1. Radionova, 2.Tuktamysheva, 3. Medvedeva). This is an incredible, no, insane feat of perseverance. Most people would have quit by that time but Liza stuck around through 3 failed Olympic qualifications, the abyss of 2016-2018, and is now probably the strongest she's ever been.

I mean, she's 26... Twenty freaking six and can still do 3 triple axels in a competition. I do not think that a women's single skater has been stronger at that age than in her earlier years. Carolina Kostner might challenge that, having won her first Olympic medal at age 27 with arguably the best skate in her career, but that was just one skate, the last hurrah, if you will. Liza, on the other hand, has had many clean competitions with 3 triple axels over the past couple of years.

I am incredibly honored to see such a veteran still hanging in at the top tier. Love you, Liza. <3 <3 <3

Last edited:

Rudel-chw

On the Ice
Country
Chile
Well, Liza got to be at the Podium again, I'm so happy for her, pity that this has been a lost year for the sport, but I'm so happy to still be able to watch her, as I truly felt that she would retire after not being able to be at the Olympics ... glad that she is still competing.

Ch6ZErx.jpg

IdKX7oZ.jpg

a2x2O53.jpg

Happy Xmas to all of Liza's fans around the world 🥰

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I've been out of the loop for a bit, so here comes a very belated Happy Birthday! to the one and only Empress of Figure Skating! 👑

And since it hasn't been shared here yet, her FS from Russian Nationals 2023. I guess there is no need to elaborate just how impressive and outstanding this athletic achievement is.

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
In “The Snow Queen” (a show by Averbukh)

and in "Scheherazade" (Navka’s show)

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Liza will apparently be at the SPb championships at the end of the month.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pre Channel 1 cup, Liza has been announced as one of the skaters that will be taking part in a show commemorating the end of the siege of Leningrad. Will take place on the 18th and 19th of January.

Rudel-chw

On the Ice
Country
Chile
I'm so happy for Liza, with the third place she got today at the Finals of the Russian Nationals:

eZk2VMl.jpg

3bMBN9g.jpg

6RhwSGq.jpg

qCfChBc.jpg

This third place is most impressive, as Liza usually didn't perform well at Russia's Nationals.

I hope that she will opt to retire, as the current international situation wont allow her to compete out side Russia and she has nothing else to prove ... I'd love to see her beginning to coach other skaters and perhaps participate on Ice Shows, I don't want to see her keep competing only to decline when faced with much younger skaters.

Farewell Liza, thanks for keeping competing all these years.

Eduardo

Last edited:

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Some images from todays event "Russian Challenge":

YqrsYRD.jpg

CJxO3BI.jpg

:whistle:
Don’t think dance studio bars are meant to be used like that. Haha

8th place, third among the ladies, got 1 of the jury awards, and I believe 3rd in the fan voting. All and all, not a bad day at the office.

And had her Toxic skate parodied. That’s a tell take sign that you have made it.