Entries for 2015 J&T Banka | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Entries for 2015 J&T Banka

Layback11

Record Breaker
:cheer::party:
So excited!

I'm just like OJFJEPOJPVOJEVNWLXQODPODJIRQERGHQIRHIFISHFOODIEHIHFOIWRHFWPDJOJPWOFJWPOFJWE NYAAAAAAAH I SEE THE LIIIIIIGHT AT THE END OF THE OFF SEASONNNNNN:cheer:

Let's play a game to pass the time!

Answer the following:

1. Who do you think will win the JGPF in each discipline?
2. Who, realism aside, would you want to win the JGPF if you controlled it?
3. Who do you think is going to surprise us the most (either with success or failure)?
4. Who do you think will have the best programs?
5. Who of the new juniors do you look forward most to seeing (new means making JGP debut)?

My answers:

1. Sakhanovich or Higuchi in ladies, Chen in men's, McNamara/Carpenter or somebody Russian in dance, and I really have no idea in pairs
2. Le, Sotskova or Rydberg in ladies; no preference in men's; McNamara/Carpenter or the Parsons in dance; Weinstein/Simon in pairs (I'm unintentionally very patriotic :p)
3. Vivian Le, as I've said five million times, is going to be mindblowing...I can feel it.
4. I've seen Vivian and Paige's FSes at GF and I loved both; I love both of the pieces of music Yuna Aoki is using so I have high hopes for hers; and I'm excited for Maria's R & J.
5. Anna Grace Davidson. She was my favorite novice lady at Nationals and I just found out she's going to be on the JGP, so I'm really excited about that! :cheer2:

You don't have to get as long winded as I did, LOL. Just writing the skater's name is fine. I'm interested to see what everybody has to say!

charmblade

Final Flight
Do we have any info on how this might be available for viewing? I haven't seen any tweets or anything from the ISU regarding live streaming or use of their YouTube channel, like last year. I figure surely they won't give us worse coverage than last year, right? :shrug:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I think it would be better to make a separate thread for this, Layback~

Let's play a game to pass the time!

Answer the following:

3. Who do you think is going to surprise us the most (either with success or failure)?
5. Who of the new juniors do you look forward most to seeing (new means making JGP debut)?

ladies - Serafima or Wakaba
men - Sota or Nathan...but I'm rooting more for Nathan since he seems more pumped up about this season
ice dance and pairs - have no idea due to not following it before

ladies - Masha (Sotskova) obviously. She has the qualities I prefer and I can't wait to see her unique SP.
men - Nathan (see reason above)
ice dance and pairs - have no idea :laugh:

3. hmmm let's see
- Yuna and Marin for success but I'm iffy with Marin due to her sudden inconsistencies rising
- Polina Turskaya for success like c'mon she has the big jumps and the package. She does leave me a bit cold but I blame her ~dark drama~ programs.
- China's new pairs. They have the surprise element.
- Sota winning everything. The kid has the record to surprise on everything. Already 3rd on the biggest events for his age and that's just his debut!
-as a team KOR fan, wishing for some good debut and success for An Sohyun and a better JGP stint for Dabin as she prepares for SR Worlds (since she is age-eligible and she has the potential to place higher than Haejin)

4. hmmm another interesting one.
I'll be honest- I haven't found a program that grabbed me yet. Yuna's programs show potential but her LP especially just reminds me too much of Mao's amazing Sochi performance. Just so much unfair comparisons ran in my head while watching Yuna. Dabin's Les Mis is catching my attention but she still lacks some commitment and passion that I expect from her music cuts. Nathan's MJ program is also promising but misses the snap and suave I expect. All in all, just gonna wait for the competitions to start rollin'.

BUUUT I am mighty interested in Masha's new programs and to see how they pan out.

5. Have a lot and it's mostly from the singles discipline and Korea's newbies
-Yuna Aoki, Marin Honda, Yuna Shiraiwa
- An Sohyun, Korea's new mens team (minus Cha Jun Hwa - still sad about it), Yeri Kim/Alex Kam
- a lot of Team USA's ladies: Vivian Le, Paige, Akari and much more
- also most of Canada's ladies: Megan Yim and Sarah Tamura
-Polina Turskaya

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Bernadiner (RUS) is now scheduled for Bratislava replacing Tarasenko.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
It is going to be a very interesting showdown: 2 new junior hopes: Polina Tsurskaya vs. Vivian Le. I bet on Polina but we will see quite soon. I think it will be quite important for Vivian to support high expectations people have of her after the recent competition. If she meets them now I would think that it will be 3 Russians, 2 Japanese, and Vivian Le in the JGPF.

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I'm curious--do they ever live stream this anywhere on the net? I've never watched an entire juniors competition, but it would be fun. Thanks for any help you can give!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm curious--do they ever live stream this anywhere on the net? I've never watched an entire juniors competition, but it would be fun. Thanks for any help you can give!

Last season every event was streamed for free on the ISU YouTube chamnel in HD. It's by far the best feed I've ever seen and all the announcer does is say their name and shuts up before they skate. It's bliss. I fear that since IN is covering the Colorado event they'll black that out to us Americans but hopefully the other events do a similar stream to last year's.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Last season every event was streamed for free on the ISU YouTube chamnel in HD. It's by far the best feed I've ever seen and all the announcer does is say their name and shuts up before they skate. It's bliss. I fear that since IN is covering the Colorado event they'll black that out to us Americans but hopefully the other events do a similar stream to last year's.

Thank you Sam. What do I look up on youtube to find it? ISU channel?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Last year's channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbv3gsBXzIwotCt2JGySfJA

That may work again this year or maybe not but I'm sure even if not it will pop up in the event threads somewhere.. I love the junior events but it can involve a lot of finding the best in people. :)

Actually now that I think of it you can just go to the ISU's main page and click the live stream at the bottom. Of course...this is assuming they are free again and there won't be geoblocking.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Last year's channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbv3gsBXzIwotCt2JGySfJA

... Actually now that I think of it you can just go to the ISU's main page and click the live stream at the bottom. Of course...this is assuming they are free again and there won't be geoblocking.

https://www.youtube.com/ISUJuniorGrandPrix is the easier-to-remember URL for the same channel as in the post from Sam-S.

Caveats for WeakAnkles:
Not sure what Sam-S means by ISU's main page.
In any case, the JGP channel is not the ISU's primary YouTube channel.
And it is not the same thing as what is known (IIRC) as the "ISU Skating Channel," which is not even on YouTube.​

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Last year I would just go to www.isu.org and scroll down and the live stream was right there.

Ohh, thx, Sam-S. I don't remember the JGP YT channel being linked there, but then again I did not watch a huge amount of JGP streaming, so my memory is not reliable.

(I know only that the isu.org skating page always has links to the non-YouTube ISU Skating Channel and to the non-JGP ISU YouTube Channel.)

Hevari

Drivers start your engines!
On the Ice
My best wishes to my fellow Ukrainians Maria Golubtsova - Kirill Belobrov. They had a nice training camp in Germany (together with other ukraininan dance couple Valeria Gaistruk - Alexei Oleinik) in july and seem to be some kind of dark horse this season...

Отправлено с моего Uno через Tapatalk

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I'm such a huge fan of the JGP! It's awesome to watch the journey from junior to senior (for those who make it). It was really cool to watch Liza T, Adelina, Julia, Elena, Satoko and even all the way back to 2010 with Kanako get their start on the junior level. Then flash forward to what they've accomplished (Olympic medals, world medals, championship wins)...it's just cool to watch it all from the beginning.

Answer the following:

I only follow the ladies, so I'll answer these for that discipline...

1. The two front-runners from last season are Sakhanovich and Higuchi. I think they both have a great shot, though Sakhanovich probably has a leg up on Higuchi in terms of PCS. She out-performs Higuchi and that does make a difference. My wish last year was for Higuchi to spend some time with Akiko Suzuki a la Rika Hongo. Rika used to perform the way Higuchi does (i.e. she didn't) and now she gives more attention to the music and the audience. If Higuchi can connect to the music, the judges and the audience, I think she could be unstoppable.

2. I don't like the idea of giving the title to someone; I like that they have to earn it. Though, nothing against the Russians b/c lord knows I adore them, but a Russian has won the JGPF the last 5 years in a row. It would be nice to see someone else on top this year...

3. I think we'll see some strong skating from Polina Tsurskaya as well as Maria Sotskova. People kinda counted Maria out b/c she wasn't as strong last year but I think she'll be back. I'm also hoping to see some strong skating from Vivian Le. It's been a long time since the US had a major medal threat on the JGP. Karen was but she was also a bit inconsistent. It'd be nice to see Le in a gold medal threat position.

4. I have no idea who will have the best programs. I find it tough to judge the junior ladies from an artistic standpoint. I always watch them with lowered expectations when it comes to programs and artistry, that way I'll be pleasantly surprised if I actually see something impressive.:laugh:

5. I'm excited to see Marin Honda (we've been hearing about her for years), Yuna Aoki (lots of potential there), Vivian Le (huge jumps) and Polina Tsurskaya (another Russian threat). I think all four ladies can make some waves and shake up the "veteran" junior ladies (Serafima, Maria, Wakaba, etc.).

I'll be covering the JGP on my blog again this season.:popcorn: I really hope the ISU continues their YouTube channel. I love not having to dig around YT to find footage of these competitions.