Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 102 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Hannah555

Ava artwork by talented ShampooNeko
Final Flight
To Medvedeva: which GP events will you want to participate the most?
Tutberidze: we didnt' even talk about it yet. Its' not a secret, but they were moved in time, it's my bad, I postponed thinking about it, we are supposed to give the plans on 5/5, we'll think before 3/5.

So now we'll have to wait until 05/05 :hslap:

Can we find the vid ?

I didn't see the video but what I understood from comments that Zhenya and Katya were both in the corridor outside her hotel room. The room was apparently too small for all the gifts and so there were many many presents outside the room. She blew bubbles dancing through the hotel's corridor and apparently it's very rude thing to do according to Japanese culture because it may annoy other visitors of that hotel. After she received a lot of negative comments she deleted the video.

This is so cute! :clap:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Katia was the one blowing bubbles and dancing, just to clarify. I don't see what the big deal was about it, but you never know what will set people off on social media any more.

Don't the skaters have the entire floor reserved for them, usually? I doubt there were normal hotel guests who were inconvenienced by their toys in the hall. My goodness, they weren't exactly trashing the place like rockstars...

tran

On the Ice
google translated::scratch2:
- Evgenia, you said that you plan to learn the elements of the category of ultra-s, is it true? And what will it be?
- Eteri: what does it mean planning? We are training in this direction; Simply, I once again say, to talk about some jumps not made on official starts, does it make any sense? Well, little girls stamp, good. That's when they do it on official starts, then we'll discuss. And this is so simple, that it would be nice for them.

- Returning to the question of the Zhenya's quads. Is it possible to see it in the program?
- Eteri: "If during the start, we will assume that it's worth it. maybe."
"You just have to understand, the jump must not only be landed but must also be fully rotated, otherwise there is no meaning in it."

So is Evgenia training a quad now and might even put it in the program if she land it consistently?

narnar

Rinkside
Hello everyone! I am new here. I've been stalking this and other threads since December but decided to join only now. I am a huge Evgenia and Yuzuru fan. These two skaters inspire me a lot. I am actually new to figure skating and I don't really know much about technical stuff but I learned to differenciate some jumps and know the names of some moves (just some XD). I went to Helsinki to watch World championship and it was an unforgettable experience. I did not see the competition for ladies but I watched the gala. Zhenya is truly magical and you can feel that she is on another level. I also saw how much hate she gets in instagram and youtube and it actually shocked me. Like why this young wonderful girl gets all this unnecessary hate? By the way, I am Russian currently living in London and I have a decent level of English (I hope) so I can help with traslation if it's needed. Also is there any good analysis of Zhenya's short and long programme?

Last edited:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Hello everyone! I am new here. I've been stalking this and other threads since December but decided to join only now. I am a huge Evgenia and Yuzuru fan. These two skaters inspire me a lot. I am actually new to figure skating and I don't really know much about technical stuff but I learned to differenciate some jumps and know the names of some moves (just some XD). I went to Hilsinki to watch World championship and it was an unforgettable experience. I did not see the compition for ladies but I watched the gala. Zhenya is trully magical and you can feel that she is on another level. I also saw how much hate she gets in instagram and youtube and it actually shocked me. Like why this young wonderful girl gets all this unnecessary hate? I am Russian qurently living in London and I have a decent level of English (I hope) so I can help with traslation if it's needed. By the way, is there any good analysis of Zhenya's short and long programme?

Hello and welcome to the GoldenSkate, narnar! :agree: Hope you'll enjoy staying here. :)

narnar

Rinkside
Thank you! I read that in The Edge there is lots of negativity so I will probably post only in fan fest. :biggrin:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Thank you! I read that in The Edge there is lots of negativity so I will probably post only in fan fest. :biggrin:

That's the right decision. It's like a little isle of kindness. Other threads are full of negative it's for sure. So we're safe here. :cool:

Hannah555

Final Flight
2017 WTT SP NBC

Short Program

2017 WTT FS NBC

Free Skate

I don't remember if NBC comments were posted here...

Hello everyone! I am new here. I've been stalking this and other threads since December but decided to join only now. I am a huge Evgenia and Yuzuru fan.

Welcome. I'm also new and also Yuzuru's fan :hap10:

Atsumiri posted link to the video with SP analysis from WTT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dniq-1LIaM

And here's FS analysis from WTT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzGHYdqNlTE

Last edited:

breadstal

Record Breaker

narnar

Rinkside
2017 WTT SP NBC

Short Program

2017 WTT FS NBC

Free Skate

I don't remember if NBC comments were posted here...

Welcome. I'm also new and also Yuzuru's fan :hap10:

Atsumiri posted link to the video with SP analysis from WTT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dniq-1LIaM

And here's FS analysis from WTT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzGHYdqNlTE

Thank you very much for the analysis and NBC comments! I like listening to Johnny's comments. He is always so nice when is comes to Evgenia.

Zhenya's programmes are so complex and she puts all her emotions in them as well. I lost the count how many times I rewatched her long programme.

tran

On the Ice
Thank you very much for the analysis and NBC comments! I like listening to Johnny's comments. He is always so nice when is comes to Evgenia.

Zhenya's programmes are so complex and she puts all her emotions in them as well. I lost the count how many times I rewatched her long programme.

Johnny once said that Evgenia is his favorite out of all the russians, but yeah I love him commentating for Evgenia's FS too. And welcome.

narnar

Rinkside
Off topic but I wonder if Evgenia and Yuzuru keep in touch outside of skating rink?:laugh: I hope that Yuzuru will have at least one show together with Zhenya. Their interactions are so interesting to watch :luv17:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
So is Evgenia training a quad now and might even put it in the program if she land it consistently?

Hey, tran! I somehow missed your post. So many new people in one day - figure skating really unites. :) What about your question - why not? If Evgenia will learn 4S or 4Lo and it'll be stable - they definitely will put it in her program.

Hannah555

Final Flight
Off topic but I wonder if Evgenia and Yuzuru keep in touch outside of skating rink?:laugh:

I don't think so. They are both professional athletes and hard workers with no free time. But I do imagine her watching his programs on yt to learn and bring smth new to her skating.

narnar

Rinkside
I don't think so. They are both professional athletes and hard workers with no free time. But I do imagine her watching his programs on yt to learn and bring smth new to her skating.

Yeah that makes sense but part of me hopes that they text each other sometimes. Probably just me being a bit delusional :laugh2: I am also curious if there any fancam of Yuzu watching Zhenya free skate during WTT? or maybe her watching his SP? It would interesting to watch their reactions.

na1129

On the Ice
Yeah that makes sense but part of me hopes that they text each other sometimes. Probably just me being a bit delusional :laugh2: I am also curious if there any fancam of Yuzu watching Zhenya free skate during WTT? or maybe her watching his SP? It would interesting to watch their reactions.

Nope
Because cameras were forbidden at WTT

After fp, yuzu threw the balloon for her
https://instagram.com/p/BTNw3WRjJKL/

astudyofmemory

Rinkside
The thought of Zhenya adding a quad is interesting (and scary!), but would she be willing to take such a risk during the Olympic season? Has she even managed to land the 4S yet?

Off topic but I wonder if Evgenia and Yuzuru keep in touch outside of skating rink?:laugh: I hope that Yuzuru will have at least one show together with Zhenya. Their interactions are so interesting to watch :luv17:

Ah, I doubt this...like Hannah555 said, they probably don't have the time to be doing so. Heck, I've never seen Yuzuru with a cell phone; all he ever brings is his iPod. :scratch2: Realistically speaking, since they only see each other a few times a year I don't think they have that level of closeness. :think: Yuzu is a very private person as well. Luckily for her, they're getting more comfortable with each other so maybe in the future after a few years in the field, they'll keep in touch. I could be completely wrong, of course, since I don't like to delve into their personal lives. :laugh:

I'm absolutely positive she keeps up with his news though. After all, he's her idol and though she has more chances to interact with him, she's just like the rest of us. :) Speaking of which, has she met Plushenko, another one of her idols? :yay:

Some cuteness for you :biggrin:

Last edited:

narnar

Rinkside
The thought of Zhenya adding a quad is interesting (and scary!), but would she be willing to take such a risk during the Olympic season? Has she even managed to land the 4S yet?
I would love to see her jumping a quad! Even though Zhenya herself said that she tried to jump 4S only with a harness, I am sure she is actually training it seriously. But I doubt she will include it in her programms for the Olympic season. Maybe we will be able to see her jumping it during the training sessions in future competitions though. I am sure she is all fired up now after she saw Elisabeth's quads during training session at Words :laugh:

Last edited: