Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 104 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Hannah555

Ava artwork by talented ShampooNeko
Final Flight
Yes, it's GPF 2016, taken during the gala practice.

(I know, cos it's one of my photos! :-D The original is here. It was pretty dark in the rink at the time, hence the low quality :-/ )

So many beautiful pictures!!! Thank you! :clap:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Yes, it's GPF 2016, taken during the gala practice.

(I know, cos it's one of my photos! :-D The original is here. It was pretty dark in the rink at the time, hence the low quality :-/ )

Sorry about that! I was just browsing through Zhenya's tag on IG :hopelessness: your pictures are incredible!

So which GP events do you think she'll choose? I would guess SC is the only one she can't go due to Kaetlyn. Will she give COR another shot? She is their absolute #1 so it might help her get some early PCS boost. She could comfortably go to COR, NHK or TDF (an event in the middle) and have enough weeks to prepare for the GPF and Nats.
And do you think she'll get two numbers at FaOI? (Some skaters do, don't they?) Regardless of that, I think it's a sure thing we'll see Sailor Janny there! :yes:

Last edited:

tran

On the Ice
I hope she goes to COR (to make up the loss in 2015) and NHK (the Japanese love her and Hanyu is there). I wouldn't want her to go to TDF; the quality of the ice and the support there is low.

Last edited:

tran

On the Ice
I wonder if she will go to Japan Open which is Oct. 1

ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating
Rostelecom Cup - October 20-22, 2017
Skate Canada International - October 27-29, 2017
Cup of China - November 3-5, 2017
NHK Trophy - November 10-12, 2017
Trophee de France - November 17-19, 2017
Skate America - November 24-26, 2017
Grand Prix Final - December 7-10, 2017

Last edited:

na1129

On the Ice
RC and NHK?
However rus federation may want to support another russian girl in RC because Zhenya can get podium anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
RC and NHK?
However rus federation may want to support another russian girl in RC because Zhenya can get podium anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The perhaps she could get COC and SA if the Fed wants to give a new girl the PCS boost (like Alina). She'll end up competing in Japan at the GPF anyway.

I think she will do JO if she gets invited :)

Last edited:

atsumiri

Record Breaker
I don't think it would be practical to choose SA for Evgenia..
it's too close to Grand Prix Final. But the main problem - it's a 3 different continents. With big time difference.

SA 7 hours behind Moscow
GPF - 6 hours ahead of Moscow

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
it's too close to Grand Prix Final. But the main problem - it's a 3 different continents. With big time difference.

SA 7 hours behind Moscow
GPF - 6 hours ahead of Moscow

Do you think she could do COC (if the Fed wants another girl to get the PCS boost) and TDF? Because I doubt she could do back to back doing COC and NHK.
Or perhaps both Alina and Zhenya could go to COR :biggrin:

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Do you think she could do COC (if the Fed wants another girl to get the PCS boost) and TDF? Because I doubt she could do back to back doing COC and NHK.
i think COC and TDF is pretty possible. But it could be the easiest events as well. sooo Maybe these will go to Alina. i don't know
or they can meet at COC
RC & COC for one on them, and COC & TDF for another?
Or both could go to RC and then CoC for one of them, and TDF for another.
But there's also Polina who are turning seniors as well. :scratch2:

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Sorry about that! I was just browsing through Zhenya's tag on IG :hopelessness:
Oh, no need to apologise! I'm not precious about my photos, I don't try to "protect" them with copyright messages or logos, people are free to use them as they like. It's actually quite gratifying to see them pop up in other places...!

moriel

Record Breaker

Russian fed would probably avoid that if possible.
Right now, both girls have potential to win gold in their events, so it is worth to give them a chance to do so, instead of getting them to compete against each other. Im sure they will do their best to spread their top competitiors to ensure everybody has a good chance to get to GPF.

Hannah555

Final Flight

Totally agree with you. I know that Eteri usually decides to go to early gp events...

We will have to wait and see...

Hannah555

Final Flight
Phil Hersh wrote about Evgenia today:

For Evgenia Medvedeva, the numbers add up to amazing

May 01, 2017

http://www.globetrottingbyphilipher...genia-medvedeva-the-numbers-add-up-to-amazing

Thank you. And coming from Phil Hersh it's quite surprising...

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2017/05/01/226837056
Eteri and Sergei being nominated for people of the year at IN
Shared it here because it seems like, if Zhenya wanted, Eteri would let her do a Kpop program :laugh:

""I don't lie, even if it may hurt," she said. "I tell [my students] it's better to hear it from me first rather than from anyone else. They will always hear the good things from others but none of the bad things -- those, I have to tell them. I think that's a building stone for trust. It shows them that I do care about them. They are my life. They are my kids on ice."

I heard it before from one of her interview and I really think that honesty is a very good quality for coach and it builds trust between an athlete and a coach.