Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1039 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
oh man, it’s close but i think rusnats might be my favorite. i was literally shrieking with joy, and even though she fell that look of pure happiness on her face at the end was everything. but then there’s worlds, and her fighting spirit and the epic fist pump at the end....and skate canada, what a terrific comeback!!! she was honestly like a wild animal there, i still watch that particular performance all the time.

so. i guess rusnats if i have to choose, but they’re all special to me for different reasons. 😂

Great new Avatar. :)

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
I really appreciate your thoughts on it! Yeah I'm actually not a huge TSL fan. I appreciate their insider info sometimes but most of the times I just get what they say from this forum! I rarely watch their full videos because sometimes their opinions I really don't agree with. I thought Jonathan was a lot nicer than Dave about Zhenya. He said it was a "rip-roaring success".

Although I really appreciate what they said about RCF/about RUS Worlds team this year. They really believed Zhenya deserved a spot and deserved to be the one to go to Worlds, which was a controversial opinion at the time on other parts of the internet. They said Zhenya has a lot more everything else like PCS, and has a higher scoring potential than the others at RCF, which is true. And they were proven true. Yeah what they said about her Axel wasn't great though. Her new Axel is actually really, really good. But she often reverts back to old habits or muscles through her double axel in competition, and those are really questionable. I think in time, she will have a great one.

And what they said about Alina, Rika's 3A, and Kaori was really not nice. They were pretty mean to Kaori to be honest. They said some negative stuff about her overall packaging.

I saw the Kaori thing later yesterday. It was so disrespectful!!!

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
Jonathan Van Ness is such a huge Evgenia fan and I love it! He also posted sad stories when she wasn't initially named to the Worlds team (when the placeholder list came out). And posted a happy story when she was named to the World team. Also the other day, he was getting his nails done and said his nail lady was getting irritated from him having "Evgenia's SP music" (Tosca) on replay.

- - - Updated - - -

That would be SO awesome! He does wonders for hair on Queer Eye and he posts about Evgenia all the time. They should definitely meet!

I already was his fan from watching queer eye, but now that I know he likes Evgenia I’m like “can we be friends?????”

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
Now that the season is over, I can admit that neither Tosca or the tango were my favorites. She did them well but I just didn’t enjoy them as much as some of her previous programs and that’s to be expected during a transition time. I did love "Orange Colored Sky" at Autumn Classic (and will return to watch that performance again) though I 100% supported the decision to change it as this season it just wasn't the right vehicle. Jonathan on TSL talked was 100% on the mark when he said Zhenya is a warrior during competitive events and needs material that can let her be intense. (I showed my husband that gif of Zhenya at the end of her program and we just love it!). I would love to see her do "Orange Colored Sky" as a gala because all that sass and flirtation people claimed she was missing, I truly believe she has and can portray convincingly given a more laidback enviornment.

The more time goes on I am so happy that Zhenya moved to TCC! At the Olympics, I was a new fan and just learning about Eteri and assuming that the relationship worked well for her but I am so glad she is out of there. Her current team really seems to support her and have her long-term best wishes at heart. Having read those twitter comments and seen behavior from the adult on her previous team, I’m glad she is away from that. I think it is plain that she was either actively encouraged or in the very least not actively discouraged from maintaining very unhealthy eating habits that led to her injury and possibly losing the gold medal. We will never know for sure but I’m glad she’s on a healthier path.

So looking forward to all the content from Zhenya at the shows! Excited to see her skate to “Memoirs of a Geisha” I love the story and music and hope that Zhenya isn’t afraid to bring her acting qualities into it. I know people have complained about her pantomiming and it's great that she has been able to experiment and try new things. But she is such a wonderful actress and her dramatic, beautiful facial expressions are one of my favorite things about her skating. It’s lovely to see “Experience” return – that spiral, so beautiful! It’s clear the story and Evgenia herself have evolved. Can't wait to see what next season will bring!

She can totally be sassy and flirtatious with orange colored sky, just look at her moi je joue performance. The problem was nerves, in my opinion.

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
I didn't want to suffer through the video, but on the comments section they multiple times made snarky remarks about Zhenya using it to make money.

Hey, to be honest, even if she thought about pleasing japanese crowds (not the money part), what’s wrong with that? The girl loves Japan.

And on the money part, skating is her job. Although I don’t believe it was her intention, it wouldn’t be unethical skating to a music you like, that pays tribute to a country you like, and that also helps sells some tickets.

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
Cortisone is an anti-inflammatory medication, it doesn't work against pain.

EDIT: Thank you, luanddu. I finally found a new proper avatar.

As a 4th year med student, I can say cortisone injections totally works for pain, mainly muscle and joint pain. It is and anti inflammatory, as are the other common pain medications, like ibuprofen. It is just not an opioid. It is actually very suitable that she may have done some injection around her lesion, it works wonders for acute inflammation (inflammation is what causes pain because of the release of prostaglandins).

bubblecherry

Final Flight
"God, let this hip injury heal without complications, since this year she overcame so much, she jumped and corrected herself so many times, she endured so much physically and morally, it is very very hard, the way this season worked for her, but she dit it, and this name will be remembered forever. Zhenya is forever and this is for certain... because I think that we've never had such a strong athlete in singles skating..."

Thank you for the translation!! :)

Wheelz

On the Ice
As a 4th year med student, I can say cortisone injections totally works for pain, mainly muscle and joint pain. It is and anti inflammatory, as are the other common pain medications, like ibuprofen. It is just not an opioid. It is actually very suitable that she may have done some injection around her lesion, it works wonders for acute inflammation (inflammation is what causes pain because of the release of prostaglandins).

Thank you for the information.

r2d2

On the Ice
"God, let this hip injury heal without complications, since this year she overcame so much, she jumped and corrected herself so many times, she endured so much physically and morally, it is very very hard, the way this season worked for her, but she dit it, and this name will be remembered forever. Zhenya is forever and this is for certain... because I think that we've never had such a strong athlete in singles skating..."

TAT is something else. and funny that other commentators, when TAT said we've never had such a strong athlete in singles skating they said we had and we have :laugh2:

melgirl25

Medalist

RE: her injury. There is a medical doctor for the Russian team that was in Japan with them. I hope she saw him at some point.

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist

Wheelz

On the Ice
It’s nice to see Zhenya back on social media. Hopefully she’ll keep it up through the off season. Also, good to see that she’s not reacting to Eteri’s Instagram post.

Fluture

Record Breaker

DeeDee18

On the Ice
reading some comments here and there and man... Zhenya really looks like a lot of famous people :laugh::laugh:

sotnikova, kendall jenner, looks like sister to javi ... who else??

grey19

On the Ice
reading some comments here and there and man... Zhenya really looks like a lot of famous people :laugh::laugh:

sotnikova, kendall jenner, looks like sister to javi ... who else??
Yes, I remember reading one popular fashion site after Worlds 2016 (they always write about Worlds and OG), and people in the comments section were like: "Is this little girl a lost Jenner sister?"