Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1037 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Although I usually love their videos, I think they were far over the limits with this one. And Dave was like “Evgenia’s 2A is sooo problematic”. Like, SHE WAS HURT, and her 2A is great in practices. And he kept saying “it’s getting worse from the beginning of the season”. And the only good thing Dave had to say about Zhenya was the 3S3Lo. Her FS was not bad, I actually really like the music, but he was like “it’s the worst thing ever”. And neither him nor Jonathan thought she could medal (according to their preview video). I don’t like the way they underestimate her and are overcritical. They give lots of opinion based on not seeing the whole picture, like, for example, not watching practices etc.

I’m not a huge fan of Alina’s, but they saying she should retire was terrible. They were really disrespectful. And even when they said she wasn’t doing anything for the sport and that she should become a model. It really bothered me.

I didn’t like the way Dave tried to say Rika’s 3A wasn’t consistent based on the practice notes. He said every 5 jumps, she would pop 1. That’s not accurate, she was AMAZING on practices and popped very few ones.

I didn’t like the way Dave tried to give his opinion on the Mariah-Eunsoo thing and didn’t have the whole information. Eunsoo herself asked her agency to complain about Mariah’s behavior. Mariah didn’t excuse in any moment. Rafael was the rudest possible when Eunsoo finished her program. Something is not being told in this situation, and I don’t think we should take parts without knowing what’s actually going on. They were totally on Mariah’s side.

So, although I usually like their videos, I actually didn’t like this one. They were just very rude and disrespectful.

I really appreciate your thoughts on it! Yeah I'm actually not a huge TSL fan. I appreciate their insider info sometimes but most of the times I just get what they say from this forum! I rarely watch their full videos because sometimes their opinions I really don't agree with. I thought Jonathan was a lot nicer than Dave about Zhenya. He said it was a "rip-roaring success".

Although I really appreciate what they said about RCF/about RUS Worlds team this year. They really believed Zhenya deserved a spot and deserved to be the one to go to Worlds, which was a controversial opinion at the time on other parts of the internet. They said Zhenya has a lot more everything else like PCS, and has a higher scoring potential than the others at RCF, which is true. And they were proven true. Yeah what they said about her Axel wasn't great though. Her new Axel is actually really, really good. But she often reverts back to old habits or muscles through her double axel in competition, and those are really questionable. I think in time, she will have a great one.

And what they said about Alina, Rika's 3A, and Kaori was really not nice. They were pretty mean to Kaori to be honest. They said some negative stuff about her overall packaging.

EPIC! XD he also posted Evgenias FS on his insta story and said something like :"Just watching perfection a few more hundred times" He is Zhenya's biggest fan ;) XD

Jonathan Van Ness is such a huge Evgenia fan and I love it! He also posted sad stories when she wasn't initially named to the Worlds team (when the placeholder list came out). And posted a happy story when she was named to the World team. Also the other day, he was getting his nails done and said his nail lady was getting irritated from him having "Evgenia's SP music" (Tosca) on replay.

- - - Updated - - -

I could see it happening too! He gives her a haircut or something haha!

That would be SO awesome! He does wonders for hair on Queer Eye and he posts about Evgenia all the time. They should definitely meet!

DeeDee18

On the Ice
when. are. we. getting. a. worlds. insta. update. from. zhenya? ughhh so many cute photos and she should be so proud of her medal!!

seanxlz

Rinkside
I believe only classical pieces are suitable for her to skate. I would like to see her skating in Vivaldi - Summer/Winter. There's so much potential, those masterpieces have story to tell, emotions to interpret and the chilling staccato featured in Winter is sooo awesome when going along with her Biellmann :)

Question to you guys: Which one of her FP this season do you like the most? Well obviously objectively, her Worlds FP was by far her best. Honorable to mention to RusNats and RCF with one fall each. Also to Skate Canada that was visually clean (UR, spin violations, edge calls).

Honestly, I loved her RusNats FP the best. We saw her fighter side come out at Worlds, which I loved too. But she was just soooo joyful during her RusNats FP. Her gesture to the audience at the beginning of her step sequence. That was my favorite FP step sequence from her this season. And the rain of roses as soon as she finished. Her smile afterwards. It was truly a turning point for her! That skate was perfect to me even with the fall :)

Also what do you guys think about her FP hair? I think she always looks great, but I preferred the slicked back bun at RusNats/RCF. It was so sleek and fit the tango great. Also I loved her beginning FP dress (fit her so well!), but when she changed it, I loved it way better. It is so simple yet flattering. Some skating dresses can be too much.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Question to you guys: Which one of her FP this season do you like the most? Well obviously objectively, her Worlds FP was by far her best. Honorable to mention to RusNats and RCF with one fall each. Also to Skate Canada that was visually clean (UR, spin violations, edge calls).

Honestly, I loved her RusNats FP the best. We saw her fighter side come out at Worlds, which I loved too. But she was just soooo joyful during her RusNats FP. Her gesture to the audience at the beginning of her step sequence. That was my favorite FP step sequence from her this season. And the rain of roses as soon as she finished. Her smile afterwards. It was truly a turning point for her! That skate was perfect to me even with the fall :)

Also what do you guys think about her FP hair? I think she always looks great, but I preferred the slicked back bun at RusNats/RCF. It was so sleek and fit the tango great. Also I loved her beginning FP dress (fit her so well!), but when she changed it, I loved it way better. It is so simple yet flattering. Some skating dresses can be too much.

I love the rain of flowers at Russian nationals. But my favorite is at Worlds, that roar at end. :clap:.
And I love her black dress! But my favorite black dress is now from Experience exhibition. :)

seanxlz

Rinkside
I've just read that she chose Memoir of a Geisha as SP. OMFG, I'll completely transcend If she pick Ayumi Hamasaki's Will and do the signature layback on ice :)

melodramaonice

Rinkside

oh man, it’s close but i think rusnats might be my favorite. i was literally shrieking with joy, and even though she fell that look of pure happiness on her face at the end was everything. but then there’s worlds, and her fighting spirit and the epic fist pump at the end....and skate canada, what a terrific comeback!!! she was honestly like a wild animal there, i still watch that particular performance all the time.

so. i guess rusnats if i have to choose, but they’re all special to me for different reasons. 😂

melgirl25

Medalist
oh man, it’s close but i think rusnats might be my favorite. i was literally shrieking with joy, and even though she fell that look of pure happiness on her face at the end was everything. but then there’s worlds, and her fighting spirit and the epic fist pump at the end....and skate canada, what a terrific comeback!!! she was honestly like a wild animal there, i still watch that particular performance all the time.

so. i guess rusnats if i have to choose, but they’re all special to me for different reasons. ��

My fav was Worlds. I was glad she didn't do the gesture before her SS and I didn't like the move where she was motioning SHHH at the Russian Cup Final. I thought Worlds look the most polished and it was clean :)

Oh and the Roar at the end!