Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1036 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Placebo11

On the Ice
I have a question. I watched yesterday Zhenya's FP without any commentary. When she was coming off the ice, Brian said ' Be brave for another 2 or 3 minutes. I am so proud of you. Good girl'. Guess, he was referring to her thigh/hip situation. Or I might be wrong and didn't hear the right words. Did anybody here hear something like that?

Watched it again on Eurosport, yes, he said that. And yes she was under pain, she was so brave. If the TSL-people were the experts they pretend to be they should have known that she was injured!!

grey19

On the Ice
Thank You everyone! Also, I just rewatched for the 10th time moment with Brian. Ghislain's laugh...I need to save this and use it every time I feel down.

Wheelz

On the Ice
I have a question. I watched yesterday Zhenya's FP without any commentary. When she was coming off the ice, Brian said ' Be brave for another 2 or 3 minutes. I am so proud of you. Good girl'. Guess, he was referring to her thigh/hip situation. Or I might be wrong and didn't hear the right words. Did anybody here hear something like that?

Was Zhenya skating with pain meds like cortisone? Has there been any news on whether or no she’s been checked out by a doctor?

esteticlove

Final Flight
Was Zhenya skating with pain meds like cortisone? Has there been any news on whether or no she’s been checked out by a doctor?

Cortisone is an anti-inflammatory medication, it doesn't work against pain.

EDIT: Thank you, luanddu. I finally found a new proper avatar.

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist
Cortisone is an anti-inflammatory medication, it doesn't work against pain.

EDIT: Thank you, luanddu. I finally found a new proper avatar.

Gorgeous new avatar. I liked your old one, but this new one is really great.

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Yep, congrats to Zhenya on her medal. Just don't dig her "mean warrior" face she skates with, lately. I loved cheerful, mischievous and obnoxiously good Zhenya when she was throwing her 3Lz-3T-3T-3T-3T combos just for fun and to show she is capable of much more. Her grit and ballsy character deserves respect, despite her PR shortcomings. I wish her well in the next season. I wish her better music choice for the next season. And more nice difficult transitions she was famous for. Next season will be decisive and much tougher with my 3A squad in the mix. Love her grit and determination as always! Nerves of steel.

asingingwife

Rinkside
Now that the season is over, I can admit that neither Tosca or the tango were my favorites. She did them well but I just didn’t enjoy them as much as some of her previous programs and that’s to be expected during a transition time. I did love "Orange Colored Sky" at Autumn Classic (and will return to watch that performance again) though I 100% supported the decision to change it as this season it just wasn't the right vehicle. Jonathan on TSL talked was 100% on the mark when he said Zhenya is a warrior during competitive events and needs material that can let her be intense. (I showed my husband that gif of Zhenya at the end of her program and we just love it!). I would love to see her do "Orange Colored Sky" as a gala because all that sass and flirtation people claimed she was missing, I truly believe she has and can portray convincingly given a more laidback enviornment.

The more time goes on I am so happy that Zhenya moved to TCC! At the Olympics, I was a new fan and just learning about Eteri and assuming that the relationship worked well for her but I am so glad she is out of there. Her current team really seems to support her and have her long-term best wishes at heart. Having read those twitter comments and seen behavior from the adult on her previous team, I’m glad she is away from that. I think it is plain that she was either actively encouraged or in the very least not actively discouraged from maintaining very unhealthy eating habits that led to her injury and possibly losing the gold medal. We will never know for sure but I’m glad she’s on a healthier path.

So looking forward to all the content from Zhenya at the shows! Excited to see her skate to “Memoirs of a Geisha” I love the story and music and hope that Zhenya isn’t afraid to bring her acting qualities into it. I know people have complained about her pantomiming and it's great that she has been able to experiment and try new things. But she is such a wonderful actress and her dramatic, beautiful facial expressions are one of my favorite things about her skating. It’s lovely to see “Experience” return – that spiral, so beautiful! It’s clear the story and Evgenia herself have evolved. Can't wait to see what next season will bring!

Fluture

Record Breaker
Yep, congrats to Zhenya on her medal. Just don't dig her "mean warrior" face she skates with, lately. I loved cheerful, mischievous and obnoxiously good Zhenya when she was throwing her 3Lz-3T-3T-3T-3T combos just for fun and to show she is capable of much more. Her grit and ballsy character deserves respect, despite her PR shortcomings. I wish her well in the next season. I wish her better music choice for the next season. And more nice difficult transitions she was famous for. Next season will be decisive and much tougher with my 3A squad in the mix. Love her grit and determination as always! Nerves of steel.

Well, you can‘t really be cheerful and mischievous while skating with an injury. And she‘s not 16 anymore, she can‘t just throw out 5 jump combos just for fun. This season has been hard. She‘s changed quite a lot but don‘t worry, off-ice she‘s still the same cheerful Zhenya when interacting with other skaters. :)

I think now that she has more time to work on programs, there should be more transitions. Last year‘s programs were done in a rush, there was no time and they had to work on technique and jumps and spins as well. This year the whole process should be calmer and there will be more time for details. Of course next season is going to be hard for all current Russian ladies in seniors with the 3A moving up but Zhenya will do what she has to do. Maybe she won‘t make the team next year. Maybe she will. But that doesn‘t matter. Her goal‘s different, it‘s not solely about medals, even though she surely still has Beijing in mind.

silveruskate

On the Ice
So I listened to TSL and I don't remember them talking about her free program music for next season. He only mentioned he sees her doing something like Rach 2. Did I miss it?

I did see this in the comments though - Not my favorite. Will be curious to see what she can do with it. She will certainly be appreciated by Japan and keep those show invitations coming in!

I don't think Zhenya would pick her music based on getting show invitations - especially next season! They can be so silly sometimes.

I didn't want to suffer through the video, but on the comments section they multiple times made snarky remarks about Zhenya using it to make money.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I didn't want to suffer through the video, but on the comments section they multiple times made snarky remarks about Zhenya using it to make money.

They did not mention it in the video so you don't have to rewatch it ;) they only talked about it in the comments