Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1130 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Watch

Final Flight
It's so cool that Zhenya has still been practicing her 4S, by herself? There are great skaters all around her to gain advice from so it's wonderful that she's taking advantage of it!

She must've been training it at TCC already, which of course explains the relative confidence with which her and Brian were talking about jumping a 4S in competitions in the near future, but it's such a great surprise to know that they've come so far with it already and that Zhenya continued working on it by herself. Just the kind of gutsy approach I admire her for!

LynsJ

On the Ice
Amazing news! I figured she would push for it but didn’t think she would try it in public so soon! Why a fighter!

bubblecherry

Final Flight
Oh wow oh wow... I didn't think she was far enough along with her training to yolo it at shows... I'm impressed. Once she trains more over the summer, I'm sure her landing percentage will go up, and we'll see her do it at least in practice next season :O

Fluture

Record Breaker
I didn‘t think it was possible to be any more nervous/excited/anxious/hopeful/scared for the next season but here I am. Zhenya‘s done it again. :laugh:

I can‘t believe we didn‘t at least get to see one video of her attempts. Thanks for nothing Fantasy on Ice! :dev2: Maybe Zhenya will post a video soon... once she‘s back at TCC, has trained it a bit more and Brian is over the shock of her and Yuzu‘s yolo attempts and him having lost some more of his hair. We can only hope. :biggrin:

Fluture

Record Breaker
About today‘s show. I‘m relying on Instagram‘s automatic translation so if anyone has something better to offer, please tell!

https://www.instagram.com/team.orser/p/ByxWZ6HpboK/?igshid=vpjm5iyfrnu1

Zhenya did Million Roses and Faith today. During Faith she jumped 3S, 3F and apparently popped her loop, or at least my translation says 1Lo. :scratch2: After the exhibition May-J said “We love you“ in Russian, Zhenya was touched by this and hugged her. Zhenya and Yuzu were the only ones trying quad jumps during the jump battle at the end of the show. Some users say she landed on both feet, others say she fell. Maybe she tried it twice?? After the jump battle Zhenya seemed annoyed/angry (presumably because she hadn‘t landed the 4S), went over to Johnny who consoled and hugged her. Yuzu also seemed angry at himself after the jump battle and needed to be hugged. TCC kids! :laugh:

But now, the most important news: Apparently there were lots of TV cameras in the arena... so maybe, if the skating gods have mercy, one of them managed to catch Zhenya‘s quad attempt(s) and will publish it. :pray:

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist
About today‘s show. I‘m relying on Instagram‘s automatic translation so if anyone has something better to offer, please tell!

https://www.instagram.com/team.orser/p/ByxWZ6HpboK/?igshid=vpjm5iyfrnu1

Zhenya did Million Roses and Faith today. During Faith she jumped 3S, 3F and apparently popped her loop, or at least my translation says 1Lo. :scratch2: After the exhibition May-J said “We love you“ in Russian, Zhenya was touched by this and hugged her. Zhenya and Yuzu were the only ones trying quad jumps during the jump battle at the end of the show. Some users say she landed on both feet, others say she fell. Maybe she tried it twice?? After the jump battle Zhenya seemed annoyed/angry (presumably because she hadn‘t landed the 4S), went over to Johnny who consoled and hugged her. Yuzu also seemed angry at himself after the jump battle and needed to be hugged. TCC kids! :laugh:

But now, the most important news: Apparently there were lots of TV cameras in the arena... so maybe, if the skating gods have mercy, one of them managed to catch Zhenya‘s quad attempt(s) and will publish it. :pray:

According to this, she landed on both feet, then fell https://mobile.twitter.com/MedvedevaNation/status/1140175182662918149.

The only way to really find out is to see the videos. The previous broadcast videos I’ve seen only showed Yuzu’s jumps at the end of the show (not the other skaters)... I hope I just missed them...

Either way, I’m excited she will be heading into her off-season apparently not starting from scratch! I don’t think anybody really expected that she’s this far along with the 4S!

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
I think that the only reason why her loop as become worse is her back issues. And also, it sucks that when she lands it beautifully this season she doesn't get awarded as much as before even though I'm pretty sure it's higher.

Fluture

Record Breaker
According to this, she landed on both feet, then fell https://mobile.twitter.com/MedvedevaNation/status/1140175182662918149.

The only way to really find out is to see the videos. The previous broadcast videos I’ve seen only showed Yuzu’s jumps at the end of the show (not the other skaters)... I hope I just missed them...

Either way, I’m excited she will be heading into her off-season apparently not starting from scratch! I don’t think anybody really expected that she’s this far along with the 4S!

I‘ve only seen Yuzu‘s jumps as well, even though we did get to see that one short video of Zhenya‘s 3F. I‘m just hoping so much that someone captured the attempt.

She‘s heading into the off-season with music for both programs announced, a bit of work already done on the SP and jumps/combos not as stable as during the regular, competitive season (as per her own words) but still reasonably in form. Plus that 4S of course! I think she‘s in a very good position to start working from there on.

Btw, didn‘t she say she‘d work with a Japanese costume designer for her FS dress while she was in Japan..? I wonder whether they‘ve collaborated already and what they have come up with.

luanddu

On the Ice
So now that the shows are over, will Zhenya go back to Toronto or will she spend some time in Russia before going to TCC?

luanddu

On the Ice
I‘ve only seen Yuzu‘s jumps as well, even though we did get to see that one short video of Zhenya‘s 3F. I‘m just hoping so much that someone captured the attempt.

She‘s heading into the off-season with music for both programs announced, a bit of work already done on the SP and jumps/combos not as stable as during the regular, competitive season (as per her own words) but still reasonably in form. Plus that 4S of course! I think she‘s in a very good position to start working from there on.

Btw, didn‘t she say she‘d work with a Japanese costume designer for her FS dress while she was in Japan..? I wonder whether they‘ve collaborated already and what they have come up with.

She has done so much during this off-season! Including 3 new EX. The only thing we need to know now is the choreographer for Memoirs. And of course GP assignments but those are coming next week :)

Vandevska

Medalist
Hmmm so I think that for the Memoirs it might be Misha, because they sort of spend some time together, but who knows.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Hmmm so I think that for the Memoirs it might be Misha, because they sort of spend some time together, but who knows.

I feel like if Misha did it we'd already know it. I have a feeling it is a choreographer who has a lot of knowledge about Japanesse culture to make the FS appropriate aka DW, SLB or Jeffrey B. I think.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So now that the shows are over, will Zhenya go back to Toronto or will she spend some time in Russia before going to TCC?

I hope she goes to Russia for a week. Work with Ilia again on her short. See her grandmother and Jerry! :)

asingingwife

Rinkside
I loved the exhibition for "Faith" so elegant and beautiful! I can't spell the name of that choreographer but Zhenya should definitely work with him in the future! :)

And trying the 4S [emoji44] just goes to tell everyone, don't count her out yet!

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I loved the exhibition for "Faith" so elegant and beautiful! I can't spell the name of that choreographer but Zhenya should definitely work with him in the future! :)

And trying the 4S [emoji44] just goes to tell everyone, don't count her out yet!

Stéphane Lambiel choreographed it :)

Vandevska

Medalist
I feel like if Misha did it we'd already know it. I have a feeling it is a choreographer who has a lot of knowledge about Japanesse culture to make the FS appropriate aka DW, SLB or Jeffrey B. I think.

Whoever he/she is, I hope it's not David Wilson :laugh:
For my taste, the FS last year was kinda empty, and I actually liked the SP better, and that wasn't fully his either lol.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Yeah, hopefully not Wilson! 😅

Lol at the Wilson hate. :laugh: But I‘m with you, I hope it‘s not him. His programs have just lost their spark. They seem old-fashioned and lack transitions. There was a world‘s difference between Rika‘s SP and her FS this season for example. I do have a sneaky feeling it’s going to be him, though... Jason has his FS made by Wilson and the SP by someone else, hasn’t he?