Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1132 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Watch

Final Flight
Question, because I've lost track of which FoI videos we do and don't have: is there a full video of the Evangelion number?

Scott512

Record Breaker
What a great video! Superhuman strength! :)

That was tremendous to see. Inspiring. Too bad 3 ding-a-lings to this point gave it a thumbs down. I'm not spending time on YouTube watching videos from artists or athletes I don't like. So why are other people?

thatbeatingheart

On the Ice
Country
Germany

bubblecherry

Final Flight
My dream is Zhenya gets the Russia GP and it's one of the ~easier ones... neither of these things are likely but one can hope...

IceCrystalChris

On the Ice
My dream is Zhenya gets the Russia GP and it's one of the ~easier ones... neither of these things are likely but one can hope...

I agree it would be great if she could go to the Russian GP, she'd have so much crowd support, she received so much last season at RusNats and Russian Cup.

We won't have to wait much longer to find out. Jack Gallagher says the GP assignments will be revealed on Thursday, midnight Japan time, 4pm UK time.
https://twitter.com/sportsjapan/status/1141316740074262528?s=21

bubblecherry

Final Flight

Watch

Final Flight
The Olympic Channel put up an interview with Sasha Trusova and she, once again, mentions Zhenya in a very positive light. Love that she has this mentor status for such an incredible young athlete. Hope we'll get to see them having fun together in some shows next year. And in competitions too, of course, but the shows is where the skaters really get to enjoy spending time with each other without the competitive stress.

The Olympic Channel put up an interview with Sasha Trusova and she, once again, mentions Zhenya in a very positive light. Love that she has this mentor status for such an incredible young athlete. Hope we'll get to see them having fun together in some shows next year. And in competitions too, of course, but the shows is where the skaters really get to enjoy spending time with each other without the competitive stress.

I find it remarkable and it speaks very highly of Trusova’s character that she is also so polite and complimentary of Evgenia. It’s as if, unlike others close to the situation, the coaching change didn’t phase her one bit. I can’t wait to see content with these two next season. They both have fantastic sportsmanship and respect for one another!

Fluture

Record Breaker
It's not available anymore. :/ What was it?

Oh, I‘m surprised it was taken down. It was a funny video of Zhenya and Nobu. I think this should be the same:

https://www.instagram.com/team.moonbear/p/By1yy8bg8eH/?igshid=1qdcspc1ancts

Here‘s Zhenya and Mai Mihara with the same cute animal hats:

https://www.instagram.com/team.moonbear/p/Byz3-1CIXJk/?igshid=8bvtwasz5a7e

I find it remarkable and it speaks very highly of Trusova’s character that she is also so polite and complimentary of Evgenia. It’s as if, unlike others close to the situation, the coaching change didn’t phase her one bit. I can’t wait to see content with these two next season. They both have fantastic sportsmanship and respect for one another!

https://www.instagram.com/team.moonbear/p/By5GZj7AyPQ/?igshid=1mgr78o0076tx

Here‘s the extract of what she says about Zhenya.

To be honest, I never really cared that much for Sasha‘s skating. But her amazing personality, her strength and her respect for other athletes (mainly Zhenya of course :biggrin: ) really made me root for her. I think it‘s amazing that she still keeps speaking so highly about Zhenya, even after everything that happened around her. She‘s a honest girl with a strong mindset and stays true to herself and what she believes. Not everyone is like that at such a young age, nor even many older people. I admire her for that and wish her good luck. And I hope her and Zhenya keep motivating each other to do their best. I‘m sure it was mainly Sasha‘s quad revolution that made Zhenya‘s wish stronger to learn the 4S and made her push harder to do it. And Zhenya acted like a mentor for Sasha, showed her how to be strong and believe in herself. Personally, I think this is what sport and sportsmanship is about and I hope no one and nothing will ever take this mutual respect away from those two amazing people as well as athletes. :clap:

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist

That's true. It also speaks so highly of Evgenia's character that she goes out of her way to mentor young skaters - more so considering that these are skaters that she will be competing with and have the same goals as her.

Great summary of Evgenia’s jump stats:

https://www.instagram.com/p/By4OkLQo2g9/