Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1134 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Coryocris

Praise our Little Bear
On the Ice
Country
Germany
I would add Satoko and Bradie to that :laugh: Ladies is a huge bloodbath this year

No way Satoko and Bradie are going to be near a podium with those assignments unless major disasterS, neither Sofia is a contender this year

Watch

Final Flight
No way Satoko and Bradie are going to be near a podium with those assignments unless major disasterS, neither Sofia is a contender this year

Never say never... I also think Satoko's sadly unlikely, but Bradie and Sofia could potentially be fighting for medals. The ice is slippery, as we all know.

bubblecherry

Final Flight

Satoko was able to score highly at the early events last year though, which is why I wouldn't count her out. Bradie is US #1 and working on harder jumps + consistency, which is why I think she's a factor too, even if neither of them have the best chances, they still have chances.

Coryocris

Praise our Little Bear
On the Ice
Country
Germany
Satoko was able to score highly at the early events last year though, which is why I wouldn't count her out. Bradie is US #1 and working on harder jumps + consistency, which is why I think she's a factor too, even if neither of them have the best chances, they still have chances.

I love Satoko but she's ALWAYS underscored (and that hurts :sad21:) I don't expect ISU to change that this year.
I really hope Zhenya gets that 4S so she has those 2 silvers to get to the GPF

Fluture

Record Breaker
Two silvers should do it?

Two silvers is very hard, though as she‘ll have to face both Rika and Sasha at Skate Canada. Idk. These assignments made me nervous but there‘s still the summer ahead. Hopefully we‘ll get some content to calm our nerves.

bubblecherry

Final Flight
Russian fans must be happy they get to see Zhenya during the GP season! No matter how Canada goes, I'm excited for her to be able to compete with that kind of atmosphere soon after.

esteticlove

Final Flight
Ok, I also thought that two silvers should be fine. Well, that's her goal for the first half of the season. Of course, the goal is always winning but me being realistic knows that even those 2 silver medals would be hard to get. I hope that she'll do the best to optimize her technical score. She should really work on her spins, getting all the levels for foot works etc. and to make sure that she rotates her jumps fully because those UR hurt her this past season.

ejnsofi

Final Flight
I don't like those assignments. I feel like RusFed sacrificed Zhenya. While Rostelecom Cup is so so I think Skate Canada is more like fight for a bronze than fight for a silver. I know we shouldn't mention other skaters here but out of all Russian top ladies Zagitova really got the easiest GPs so it looks like RusFed really wants her in GPF while giving Zhenya antifans all reasons to "prove" that she isn't on top any more

Fluture

Record Breaker
We also shouldn‘t forget that Skate Canada was a given anyway. She trains there, she won‘t have jetlag and it would be surprising if they didn‘t give her that one. Also, being in third at Worlds didn‘t leave many options because both Zagitova as well as Tursynbaeva could choose before her. If anything, I‘m glad she got Russia because I didn‘t expect it. It‘s one of the better GPs and Zhenya‘s fans were simply amazing at Nationals and Cup Final. Of course she has it hard and I won‘t say that I‘m not scared because I am but she could have had worse assignments.

Only thing I‘m disappointed about is that she doesn‘t have any assignment with Jason this season. :(

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
I don't like those assignments. I feel like RusFed sacrificed Zhenya. While Rostelecom Cup is so so I think Skate Canada is more like fight for a bronze than fight for a silver. I know we shouldn't mention other skaters here but out of all Russian top ladies Zagitova really got the easiest GPs so it looks like RusFed really wants her in GPF while giving Zhenya antifans all reasons to "prove" that she isn't on top any more
Yep my thoughts too that another has again the easier route . Zhenya has to go against sasha both times. Which i find unfair. I wish they had mixed it up a bit more , like one time with Sasha one time with Anna or alena.

Watch

Final Flight
Yep my thoughts too that another has again the easier route . Zhenya has to go against sasha both times. Which i find unfair. I wish they had mixed it up a bit more , like one time with Sasha one time with Anna or alena.

I am definitely surprised that Zhenya, Alina and Liza always meet with the same of the 3As. Looks like a strange choice to me, looking from both sides.

Placebo11

On the Ice
Someone mentioned here that the Rostelcom Cup isn't one of her favourite events, can anyone explain, why? Is it because she lost there in 2015 (if I'm not mistaken)?

Fluture

Record Breaker
I am definitely surprised that Zhenya, Alina and Liza always meet with the same of the 3As. Looks like a strange choice to me, looking from both sides.

Disagreed. It seems pretty logical to me.

Alina got Kostornaya because she is the easiest to beat and she‘s World Champ and all that. Then we have Liza and Zhenya as well as Trusova and Shcherbakova left. I‘d say Trusova is still harder to beat than Shcherbakova, so they gave Liza the latter because they “owe“ her that one after the Worlds drama.

We all knew GP would be tough. And Zhenya didn‘t win Gold at Worlds. It‘s obvious they weren‘t going to protect her in favor of Alina. Why would they? But she will compete in Russia where her loyal fans are that supported her at Nationals. And she won’t have jetlag in Canada. So, it‘s not all bad. Let‘s cheer her on and not harp on other skaters for their GP events.

Watch

Final Flight
Disagreed. It seems pretty logical to me.

Alina got Kostornaya because she is the easiest to beat and she‘s World Champ and all that. Then we have Liza and Zhenya as well as Trusova and Shcherbakova left. I‘d say Trusova is still harder to beat than Shcherbakova, so they gave Liza the latter because they “owe“ her that one after the Worlds drama.

We all knew GP would be tough. And Zhenya didn‘t win Gold at Worlds. It‘s obvious they weren‘t going to protect her in favor of Alina. Why would they? But she will compete in Russia where her loyal fans are that supported her at Nationals. And she won’t have jetlag in Canada. So, it‘s not all bad. Let‘s cheer her on and not harp on other skaters for their GP events.

I mean sure, I see the logic when it comes to who got assigned whom in the end, but they didn't have to assign them at all, they could've mixed them around more, so neither has to meet twice.

esteticlove

Final Flight
I mean sure, I see the logic when it comes to who got assigned whom in the end, but they didn't have to assign them at all, they could've mixed them around more, so neither has to meet twice.

Yes, but for example when Trusova meets Schsherbakova, it means that one of them gets silver or even bronze based on the other competitors. This could mean that one of those stronger girls won't make it to the GPF.

Edit: When I think about it, Tuktik is actually in the same position as Zhenya. They both face 2xquadsters.

luanddu

On the Ice

Agreed. It just seems lazy from Rus Fed. Zhenya and Liza could have been given each an assignment against Anna and one against Sasha, for example. It isn't that difficult to organize. Sasha in SA and CoR and Anna in SC and CoC.