Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1288 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

thatbeatingheart

On the Ice
Country
Germany
The GP assignments do make me kind of sad. Evgenia really got a difficult path. If anyone else had to go against Sasha (twice) and Rika too, their highest possible placements would likely be 3+2 as well. If Zhenya got different assignments, it would be more likely she could get 2+2 or win an assignment. At least she will get huge scores on home ice, which will help if it comes down to tie breakers.

Well, missing GPF is better than going and coming in 5th or 6th right? Zhenya will always be golden in my eyes whatever happens though. I love that this is going to be her 5th senior season. We Stan a long career!

Her assignments also give me some headache but I'm okay with the possibility of her not making the final. I just want her to skate as well as possible, everything else is basically up to what the others do. If it's enough for GPF that's even better! She already set a pretty good SB but there's still room for a higher score, that's what I'm hoping for. :)

Coryocris

Praise our Little Bear
On the Ice
Country
Germany
Her assignments also give me some headache but I'm okay with the possibility of her not making the final. I just want her to skate as well as possible, everything else is basically up to what the others do. If it's enough for GPF that's even better! She already set a pretty good SB but there's still room for a higher score, that's what I'm hoping for. :)

Probably last season made Zhenya (and us) understand that not winning everything is not the end of times. I'm not worried and I'm sure she is not either.

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
Trailer for the skating movie "The Petrichor" including Evgenia Medvedeva
https://youtu.be/wJTHUWOLwmM

I feel like this movie is another one of those cheesy skating movies where the skater who wins the world championships wins with a double salchow double toe:laugh2: I mean they show Zhenya doing a double axel triple toe and then the main character does a single axel double toe double toe. I am not saying that an axel double toe double toe isn’t good, I could never do that on ice skates, but in comparison to Zhenyas jumps it is not as impressive. But to a person who doesn’t follow skating and doesn’t know the jumps I can see how it wouldn’t matter. :/

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
All i could think of was "meh". I don't even understand Zhenya's part in the movie lol.

She plays herself in the movie. Maybe she has like a 5 minute appearance? Idk. Seems like the skater in the movie wants to be like Zhenya or beat her if I understand correctly.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
She plays herself in the movie. Maybe she has like a 5 minute appearance? Idk. Seems like the skater in the movie wants to be like Zhenya or beat her if I understand correctly.
Yeah i understood that she's playing herself, just not what's her role in a way. But i guess what you said makes sense. :)

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Jason Brown talked about Zhenya in his interview with Meryl Davis:
"She is amazing. She is the most focused, determined, like blinders up skater I have ever trained with and had the priviledge to watch. Omg if we were an Ice Dance team she would be a lot about: We get it done, we must do this. That would be exciting. We'd be motivated."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B32pWTyo-7h/?igshid=1s1kwifm80p7e

Last edited:

LynsJ

On the Ice
Jason Brown talked about Zhenya in his interview with Meryl Davis:
"She is amazing. She is the most focused, determined, like blinders up skater I have ever trained with and had the priviledge to watch. Omg if we were an Ice Dance team she would be a lot about: We get it done, we must do this. That would be exciting. (Would) Keep me motivated."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B32pWTyo-7h/?igshid=1s1kwifm80p7e

Omg I’d love to see this pairing [emoji178][emoji23]

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
During the interview Jason was also asked how Zhenya and Yuzuru are and Jason said that they are fine, Evgenia is excited for the GP season and we will see some exciting stuff at Skate Canada, but he cannot say what those things are as TCC is very private concering those things.

Haikush

On the Ice

bubblecherry

Final Flight
During the interview Jason was also asked how Zhenya and Yuzuru are and Jason said that they are fine, Evgenia is excited for the GP season and we will see some exciting stuff at Skate Canada, but he cannot say what those things are as TCC is very private concering those things.

Awww that's good to hear and quite intriguing, too.

Does anyone have the Skate Canada schedule? When do practices start?

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Awww that's good to hear and quite intriguing, too.

Does anyone have the Skate Canada schedule? When do practices start?

Practices start on Thursday. Ladies practice starts at 12:15 local time and will be streamed. Second practice on Thursday is around 5:55pm. So two practice sessions on Thursday yay.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When do you think she will travel. It's about a 5 hour plane ride and 3 hour time difference from Toronto. Will jetlag be an issue?

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist
When do you think she will travel. It's about a 5 hour plane ride and 3 hour time difference from Toronto. Will jetlag be an issue?

It shouldn’t because the SP and FS are in the middle of the day. I think she will be there Wednesday in order to maximize ice time in TCC.