Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1287 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Interesting.
Has this jump coach ever taught the quad to a lady or any girl he has trained that we know of?

Alysa Liu has attended summer training sessions at TCC and Geoff posted a photo with her on IG. Whether he trains the quad with her, who knows? A very tiny percentage of ladies attempt it.
And in my view, a quad is a quad is a quad and if you can teach Yuzu and Javi, two very different skaters, there is no reason you can’t teach a lady.

And back to Zhenya, although I have every wish that she be competitive and that she attain her goals, she doesn’t need jumps to command your attention on the ice. :hap10:

Scott512

Record Breaker
Alysa Liu has attended summer training sessions at TCC and Geoff posted a photo with her on IG. Whether he trains the quad with her, who knows? A very tiny percentage of ladies attempt it.
And in my view, a quad is a quad is a quad and if you can teach Yuzu and Javi, two very different skaters, there is no reason you can’t teach a lady.

And back to Zhenya, although I have every wish that she be competitive and that she attain her goals, she doesn’t need jumps to command your attention on the ice. :hap10:

Thank you for that info. I did not know that.

Dont call me sexist but I think mainly due to physical differences learning the quad is harder for women than men. If Zhenya can pull this off she will be able to contend for the forseeable future.

Watch

Final Flight
Thank you for that info. I did not know that.

Dont call me sexist but I think mainly due to physical differences learning the quad is harder for women than men. If Zhenya can pull this off she will be able to contend for the forseeable future.

Not sexist at all, it's the truth. But considering that there're so few ladies doing quads, I think we'll have to do with jumping coaches that at least have succesfully taught quads to men. But hey, he also already worked with 25% of women who landed quads in competition! :laugh:

Coryocris

Praise our Little Bear
On the Ice
Country
Germany
Not sexist at all, it's the truth. But considering that there're so few ladies doing quads, I think we'll have to do with jumping coaches that at least have succesfully taught quads to men. But hey, he also already worked with 25% of women who landed quads in competition! :laugh:

More like 20% :laugh: Why does everyone forget Miki Ando? :laugh:

ecr1221

Rinkside
Also.. even less if we count Kamila Valieva :laugh: More girls landing quads than we think

I may be wrong, but doesnt Serafima also have one? or did I misheard that somewhere.

Regardless, he has worked with both Yuzu and Javi, who definitely do not jump the same. Also, Yuzu has the best jumps, so it is safe to say he is good enough for Женя!

Coryocris

Praise our Little Bear
On the Ice
Country
Germany
I may be wrong, but doesnt Serafima also have one? or did I misheard that somewhere.

Regardless, he has worked with both Yuzu and Javi, who definitely do not jump the same. Also, Yuzu has the best jumps, so it is safe to say he is good enough for Женя!

Sima has tried it but afaik she hasn't landed it yet. There was an attempt at Dennis Ten Memorial practices but she fell.

ElvieHope

Rinkside
So wait, to be clear, just 6 girls landed a quad: Alysa, Sasha, Anna, Kamila, Lilbet, Miki. Whom did I forget? Geoff worked with two of them, which is 33%, right?

Ulrica

On the Ice
So wait, to be clear, just 6 girls landed a quad: Alysa, Sasha, Anna, Kamila, Lilbet, Miki. Whom did I forget? Geoff worked with two of them, which is 33%, right?

Surya Bonaly attempted several, and in my opinion her quad toe at Worlds 1991 should have been ratified as it would have with the rules used today;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCW5eHCWsbw

Sasha Cohen landed a clean quad sal on practice, but never in competition;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epIsRJSjotE

And I think that's it, they both were ahead of their time.

ElvieHope

Rinkside
This is Evgenia's's fan fest and not a forum about quads

This clarification is important in the sense that Zhenya is in good hands with a trainer who worked with girls quads , and Zhenya has great shans in landing on quad. I belive in her.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Thank you.
If he teaches Zhenya quads then it's 50% right?

The GP assignments do make me kind of sad. Evgenia really got a difficult path. If anyone else had to go against Sasha (twice) and Rika too, their highest possible placements would likely be 3+2 as well. If Zhenya got different assignments, it would be more likely she could get 2+2 or win an assignment. At least she will get huge scores on home ice, which will help if it comes down to tie breakers.

Well, missing GPF is better than going and coming in 5th or 6th right? Zhenya will always be golden in my eyes whatever happens though. I love that this is going to be her 5th senior season. We Stan a long career!