Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1320 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Yes, hopefully she can fix it! It's nver too late.

Did anything change ruling wise for judges to be so strict now? It seems that this year they're actually not letting the skaters reputation cloud their judgement. I was super impressed that made calls on the the reigning GOlympic champ.

The deducted BV and GOE for underrotations has been lowered, as a result judges call underrotations much more than before.

skatingfan200

Medalist
I can't help to think that it would have been so beneficial for Zhenya to get those calls in her previous seasons so she would have started trying to fix her lutz edge a lot earlier in her career. Muscle memory is hardcore n the younger u fix it the better chances.

She tried to fix her lutz edge under Eteri but it did not work out. Here she has mentioned it
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?51695-Evgenia-Medvedeva/page55
After Idf and cup of china strick judging, I'm kinda glad that judges are looking at everyone's lutz edge and under-rotations.
We all know that so many top senior girls have a (!) or an (e), even the ones who r landing quads. My comment doesn't come from being mean spirited. I just think is good that they're getting this calls, so they can actively work on improving their technique.

It´s better this season with the lutz edge calls but not perfect, there is still selective calling (for example Sofia S. got away with no call) and no consistency (for example Anna S. edge was not better in Skate America). For Zhenya, it´s very important that flat edges will be called because of the GOE (for example Tennel´s score would be lower at SCI).

Aichwan

Rinkside
She tried to fix her lutz edge under Eteri but it did not work out. Here she has mentioned it
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?51695-Evgenia-Medvedeva/page55

It´s better this season with the lutz edge calls but not perfect, there is still selective calling (for example Sofia S. got away with no call) and no consistency (for example Anna S. edge was not better in Skate America). For Zhenya, it´s very important that flat edges will be called because of the GOE (for example Tennel´s score would be lower at SCI).

I didn't know she had tried to fix it b4, hope she has a better chance with Orser.

About the judging this season, I know that not all calls had been perfect or fair, but, at least they are not turning blind eye to calling out more famous skaters on their incorrect elements.

seanxlz

Rinkside
She tried to fix her lutz edge under Eteri but it did not work out.
Well, her Lutz entry was not so bad in 2016 when she used the same entry like Alina, but she changed into leg crossing entry with no flow and transition at all. If she really wants to keep the Lutz, maybe some footwork before the entry will improve her GOE.

skatingfan200

Medalist
Well, her Lutz entry was not so bad in 2016 when she used the same entry like Alina, but she changed into leg crossing entry with no flow and transition at all. If she really wants to keep the Lutz, maybe some footwork before the entry will improve her GOE.

The edge is the problem not the GOE(see her GOE last year by the Lutz).

Her entry 2016 was better but the edge was still inside. Maybe since we have seen her with Ghislain at SCI, they will work on her lutz with a different entry.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I think it's great! The unusual style of the choreo really fits the song and the style of the singer (from the little I know about her). And I think it's clear that Zhenya loves it!
Wow that was so good. Zhenya ended up with the right song from this artist because that dubious bad guy song is not nearly as good as this song. Very nice.

Vemvane

On the Ice
Hello! I'm new to the forum, and new to this thread, and am very much not a skater myself, but, after a year of following figure skating and just loving it more and more, I figured it was probably time to join this thread, as Evgenia is essentially the skater who drew me in, and I have loved following the discussion in this thread for a while. Plus I am on bed rest after an allergic reaction to a bee sting and a trip to the ER this morning, and when I saw the link to Evgenia's new exhibition skate, I followed it, watched it, and love how soothing it was to watch, and distracting from my discomfort. (Thank you, Lunalovesskating!)

I am looking forward to watching her skate again this weekend - no matter what happens when she skates, I just love her performances so much, as she throws her heart and soul into them. I used to dance, before my instructor told me to choose between daily ballet classes and my horse riding (she was on a losing wicket there), and there is something about Evgenia's skating that remind me of all the things I loved about dancing, without the stress - the lyricism, the beautiful flowing arms, the grace in the way she holds herself. And of course, the courage, the determination, and the perseverance she has shown in the last eighteen months, uprooting her whole life to be able to pursue her dreams, makes her, young as she is, a source of inspiration for me.

Placebo11

On the Ice
Hello! I'm new to the forum, and new to this thread, and am very much not a skater myself, but, after a year of following figure skating and just loving it more and more, I figured it was probably time to join this thread, as Evgenia is essentially the skater who drew me in, and I have loved following the discussion in this thread for a while. Plus I am on bed rest after an allergic reaction to a bee sting and a trip to the ER this morning, and when I saw the link to Evgenia's new exhibition skate, I followed it, watched it, and love how soothing it was to watch, and distracting from my discomfort. (Thank you, Lunalovesskating!)

I am looking forward to watching her skate again this weekend - no matter what happens when she skates, I just love her performances so much, as she throws her heart and soul into them. I used to dance, before my instructor told me to choose between daily ballet classes and my horse riding (she was on a losing wicket there), and there is something about Evgenia's skating that remind me of all the things I loved about dancing, without the stress - the lyricism, the beautiful flowing arms, the grace in the way she holds herself. And of course, the courage, the determination, and the perseverance she has shown in the last eighteen months, uprooting her whole life to be able to pursue her dreams, makes her, young as she is, a source of inspiration for me.

Welcome to this forum! Post often!

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Great first post. Post often. Welcome to her fanfest. :)

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist

Welcome! And I hope you feel better!

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist
I suspect Zhenya will be in Moscow Wednesday, as Brian intimated they will see each other today and [probably travel] tomorrow.

melgirl25

Medalist
Thank you all for the kind welcome, and thanks, NoviceFan, for the well-wishes. You guys all share such enthusiasm and love for Evgenia, and it is exciting to be part of such a positive community.

Off topic. I see you are from South Africa. I used to live there. Going back in December. Can't wait.

Vemvane

On the Ice
Yep, ping-ponged between several countries most of my life, but am currently living in South Africa. Not exactly known for its ice skating, but we do have some young skaters on the JGP I've been cheering for. I do have dreams that one day some major ice show may come here, and then I can see Evgenia and my other favourites without having to make an international flight!

bubblecherry

Final Flight

Thank you for this post. Zhenya is the type of skater and person that can touch so many people's heart. I love hearing about how she's made others be introspective, too. She's a special one for sure. Post often and post long :) Hoping you feel better soon, too!