Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1344 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
Happy Birthday Zhenya!! Throughout these past few years, she has had to face a lot of adversity and has grown and rose above it. She is so mature for our age and has already left a lasting impact on many people’s lives in just twenty short years. I am excited to see what happens this year!! I hope that she has an awesome day!! :biggrin:

kahndradra

On the Ice
Happy birthday Zhenya! I hope she’s having a great time right now!

So heartwarming to see not only her fans but also so many of her colleagues and mentors wishing her happy birthday as well! It’s so evident Zhenya touches the hearts of so many people in the world, and I know she’ll continue to move mountains ❤️

Placebo11

On the Ice
If you are confused by Zhenya's insta story post. Here is an explanation
https://twitter.com/Leelona/status/1196495866657263616?s=20
https://twitter.com/MedvedevaNation/status/1196496459203563521?s=20
Article: "It can be assumed that the root of everything is amorous affairs and sport has ceased to occupy a dominant role in Medvedeva’s head. It may very well be that the girl is worried not only about her health, but she has fear for her unborn child.”

Zhenya on insta: "Who's daddy?"

OMG - this is hilarious! :laugh:

Vemvane

On the Ice
If you met a 10 year old Zhenya, what would you tell her?

“Live as you do now. Everything will be fine later. I already know that.“

Wow. I‘ve never seen a figure skater with answers as profound, thoughtful, mature and inspiring. Especially the last answer... excuse me while I go cry in the corner.

May I join you to cry in the corner? I love this answer so much - it says so much about her confidence in herself and her choices, despite how hard the past year was for her. She is marvellous.

Curly-haired Zhenya! Oh my goodness, the cuteness!

Thank you for sharing all these pictures plus the translation of the interview.

Vemvane

On the Ice

Thank you so much for sharing this. She is very gracious and very articulate. I loved her answer about whether competitors having quads or 3As put her under pressure.

"You know what, everyone's thinking that this is a pressure, but opposite. Opposite. Like for me, when I'm feeling difficult to jump triples or triple-triples, I'm just looking at Sasha, I'm just looking at Anna, I'm look at these small tiny girls, they are doing quads and they are doing amazing, and I can't do triples? Like, sure I can, because I'm doing this for more than like over ten years in my life. So it's not a pressure. It is - for now, it's opposite. Maybe when I will try to do quads in a programme, in competitions, it will be the pressure, but nobody knows yet, because I'm not doing it yet."

I think that's a lovely, healthy attitude to have, to admire her competitors for what they can achieve, and to draw inspiration from them. I also like how she points out that even she can't tell if she'd feel the same way if she adds quads: she hasn't done it yet, so nobody knows how she'd feel. Which is a very tactful way, I think, of indicating that she is finished with that question. Also, the way she says small tiny girls cracks me up.

Plus, I had never noticed how enormous and beautiful her eyes were until the Rostelecom interviews.

White Tiger

Spectator
Hello. I'm new here so I hope you don't mind to tell my story and few thoughts.

It was the beginning of 2018 when I seen for the first time a cute gif meme on 9gag of a beautiful girl with two ponitails. I imidiately had to research who that was. And glad I did! Because of her carismatic majesti Evgenia Medvedeva I became fan of FS.

In that time olimpics were a thing and I was really interested in everything about her and grew my interest for FS in general. There is just something special about her.

And then... so much negativity about her from internet. Everybody was criticising her and so me as newbie thought; well... I will look up for other figure skaters but she may stay as my secret guilty pleasure?

Her changing to Brian kinda gave me hope.

And now... I am really REALLY glad that I sticked to her as my only queen. She just look flawless and charismatic as ever.

I guess that being favorite to criticise is just normal process as being most popular figure skater.

What I fell in love with her is not only her elegance on ice but the fact that every movement has a reason there to be. With most of other skaters I can see the idea what they wanted to achieve but somehow either missing the beat or missing the point.

(Btw. sometimes I really wonder is it that hard to be one with the music and what exactly the problem is: -that they can't hear the music properly because of the movement, -that they are too much focused on technical elements or -that most of them are too much sport persons and not so much artistis. Or maybe I just make big of a deal out of it because I am classicly trained musician)

And then there comes Evgenia... the one that is constantly improving in technical way and is growing like an artist.

Let's just take that roll back that she does in the beginning of billie elish song. She is definitely not the first one who did it but this is the first time that it looked good to me. It wasn't just a funny roll back as I percieved it in other skaters doing it but it had bigger meaning to the coreography and somehow it was elegant.

Anyway... this is in short some of my random thoughts why I love her. She is trully inspiration as an artist.

And I had to agree with some people... I should learn a lesson or two from her even tho I'm 10 years older than her!

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist

It was the beginning of 2018 when I seen for the first time a cute gif meme on 9gag of a beautiful girl with two ponitails. I imidiately had to research who that was. And glad I did! Because of her carismatic majesti Evgenia Medvedeva I became fan of FS.

In that time olimpics were a thing and I was really interested in everything about her and grew my interest for FS in general. There is just something special about her.

And then... so much negativity about her from internet. Everybody was criticising her and so me as newbie thought; well... I will look up for other figure skaters but she may stay as my secret guilty pleasure?

And now... I am really REALLY glad that I sticked to her as my only queen. She just look flawless and charismatic as ever.

I guess that being favorite to criticise is just normal process as being most popular figure skater.

What I fell in love with her is not only her elegance on ice but the fact that every movement has a reason there to be. With most of other skaters I can see the idea what they wanted to achieve but somehow either missing the beat or missing the point.

(Btw. sometimes I really wonder is it that hard to be one with the music and what exactly the problem is: -that they can't hear the music properly because of the movement, -that they are too much focused on technical elements or -that most of them are too much sport persons and not so much artistis. Or maybe I just make big of a deal out of it because I am classicly trained musician)

And then there comes Evgenia... the one that is constantly improving in technical way and is growing like an artist.

Let's just take that roll back that she does in the beginning of billie elish song. She is definitely not the first one who did it but this is the first time that it looked good to me. It wasn't just a funny roll back as I percieved it in other skaters doing it but it had bigger meaning to the coreography and somehow it was elegant.

Anyway... this is in short some of my random thoughts why I love her. She is trully inspiration as an artist.

And I had to agree with some people... I should learn a lesson or two from her even tho I'm 10 years older than her!

Welcome, White Tiger. :cheer: Zhenya is wise beyond her years.

Post often!

grey19

On the Ice
Thank you so much for sharing this. She is very gracious and very articulate. I loved her answer about whether competitors having quads or 3As put her under pressure.

"You know what, everyone's thinking that this is a pressure, but opposite. Opposite. Like for me, when I'm feeling difficult to jump triples or triple-triples, I'm just looking at Sasha, I'm just looking at Anna, I'm look at these small tiny girls, they are doing quads and they are doing amazing, and I can't do triples? Like, sure I can, because I'm doing this for more than like over ten years in my life. So it's not a pressure. It is - for now, it's opposite. Maybe when I will try to do quads in a programme, in competitions, it will be the pressure, but nobody knows yet, because I'm not doing it yet."

I think that's a lovely, healthy attitude to have, to admire her competitors for what they can achieve, and to draw inspiration from them. I also like how she points out that even she can't tell if she'd feel the same way if she adds quads: she hasn't done it yet, so nobody knows how she'd feel. Which is a very tactful way, I think, of indicating that she is finished with that question. Also, the way she says small tiny girls cracks me up.

Plus, I had never noticed how enormous and beautiful her eyes were until the Rostelecom interviews.
Yes, I liked her answer about quads too. Funny thing, you mentioned her eyes. I was so drawn to her makeup. I mean, it's not a surprise but it's a professional work. She is really like a professional makeup artist.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Great post. Post often. And welcome. :)