Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1345 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Fluture

Record Breaker
Hello. I'm new here so I hope you don't mind to tell my story and few thoughts.

It was the beginning of 2018 when I seen for the first time a cute gif meme on 9gag of a beautiful girl with two ponitails. I imidiately had to research who that was. And glad I did! Because of her carismatic majesti Evgenia Medvedeva I became fan of FS.

In that time olimpics were a thing and I was really interested in everything about her and grew my interest for FS in general. There is just something special about her.

And then... so much negativity about her from internet. Everybody was criticising her and so me as newbie thought; well... I will look up for other figure skaters but she may stay as my secret guilty pleasure?

Her changing to Brian kinda gave me hope.

And now... I am really REALLY glad that I sticked to her as my only queen. She just look flawless and charismatic as ever.

I guess that being favorite to criticise is just normal process as being most popular figure skater.

What I fell in love with her is not only her elegance on ice but the fact that every movement has a reason there to be. With most of other skaters I can see the idea what they wanted to achieve but somehow either missing the beat or missing the point.

(Btw. sometimes I really wonder is it that hard to be one with the music and what exactly the problem is: -that they can't hear the music properly because of the movement, -that they are too much focused on technical elements or -that most of them are too much sport persons and not so much artistis. Or maybe I just make big of a deal out of it because I am classicly trained musician)

And then there comes Evgenia... the one that is constantly improving in technical way and is growing like an artist.

Let's just take that roll back that she does in the beginning of billie elish song. She is definitely not the first one who did it but this is the first time that it looked good to me. It wasn't just a funny roll back as I percieved it in other skaters doing it but it had bigger meaning to the coreography and somehow it was elegant.

Anyway... this is in short some of my random thoughts why I love her. She is trully inspiration as an artist.

And I had to agree with some people... I should learn a lesson or two from her even tho I'm 10 years older than her!

Hi! Welcome to Zhenya‘s fanfest. Thanks for sharing your story on how you became a figure skating (and specifically Zhenya) fan with us! I hope you post long and often. :)

I also wanted to say that I absolutely love how many new fans have come to join us in the last few days. I‘m happy about every single one of you. Zhenya‘s fanfest is such a lively place here on goldenskate and I always enjoy discussing with you guys! So: :thank:

DeeDee18

On the Ice
Happy happy Birthday Zhenya :luv17::luv17::luv17: Wishing only the best, and may all your dreams come true <3 I will keep supporting you no matter what, your skating is so so special. I was always a huge fan back before 2018 OG, and respect Zhenya even more now after her decision to train in Canada. It is hard, but it will be worth it. It already is

Rexarcadia

On the Ice
Zhenya's IG post, translated:
Thank you all very much for your wishes! This morning was magical. I am very pleased, I would like to bring you all joy. I was really happy this morning. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be here. I love you all very much!

She's such a sweetheart and I'm glad she felt all our love :luv17:

Amy Zara

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
happiest of birthdays to Zhenya!
she continues to be a source of joy and inspiration for so many, and I know that will be true for many years to come :hb:

sk8r4ever

On the Ice
Slightly unrelated to the discussion here, but I was just watching a replay of the ladies medal ceremony at Rostelecom and I noticed that they played the short program music for Zhenya and Sasha but the free program music for Mariah. Are skaters free to choose which program music they will use or is it chosen by random?

thatbeatingheart

On the Ice
Country
Germany
Happy birthday, dear Zhenya! May all your wishes come true :cheer:

Happy Birthday to you, wonderful Zhenya! :luv17: :hap10: :cheer2:

If I may quote an anime in honour of Zhenya
"Stark, bereit, unbesiegbar, schön, entschlossen, mutig!"
(Strong, poised, matchless, beautiful, determined, brave)
(c) Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne

Oh I loved watching that when I was younger! Accurate description of her. :)

Zhenya's IG post, translated:

She's such a sweetheart and I'm glad she felt all our love :luv17:

She got the concept of birthdays wrong, she's supposed to get presents, not give us some (in the form of both of her skates this weekend). :laugh: Not complaining though. :biggrin:

bubblecherry

Final Flight
Zhenya is so loved!!!! It's so heartwarming scrolling through all my skating related apps/sites and seeing just how loved she is. Happy birthday my queen!!! You know we love you :love:

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
OMG I HAVE BEEN SO BUSY THAT I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT ZHENYA'S BIRTHDAY YESTERDAY [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]
I feel so bad and angry at myself [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]
How could I forget the birthday of one of my favourite skaters??!! [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]
But happy birthday anyway Zhenya, I hope you had an amazing day!!! You deserve all the happiness in the world 🥰
Ly xxx

MedoLove

On the Ice
That's s so adorable. :)
omg so cuteeeeeee !!!!!!!!!, and the baby looks so happy looking Zhenya :luv17:

---
I was watching the Tosca program all day. I love!!! It's already on my list of favorite SPs. The stsq is masterful :drama:. I hope that Zhenya will return to work with Misha in the future, it shows that he knows her and knows how to exploit her strengths.
I also really like her current SP.