Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1461 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
Hello Evgenia Medvedeva fans!

Please remember the guidelines for posting in a Fan Fest:

The Fan Fest (FF) is a place for fans to celebrate and praise their favorite skaters—not a place to pick apart their technique, skills, etc. As always, be respectful to each other's threads when posting. Keep discussions in the respective threads and do not bring up other skaters with the intent to bash, debate, critique, and/or compare.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?18607

Extended critiques or comparisons to other skaters may be posted in the appropriate thread in The Edge.

Please continue to celebrate and praise your favorite skater, Evgenia Medvedeva!:hap10:

Vemvane

On the Ice
Can I bring tiny Zhenya here, from her first JGP? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgHR--94aRw

She is so small, and her legs are so long, and she is just so little and so very cute. Her flexibility at that age was super impressive as well - look at that very first leg lift - and she has some really nice spin positions. The spread eagle is so very Zhenya, even at just thirteen, and you can tell she loves performing. That huge grin at the end says it all!

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We should celebrate our favorite program, exhibition and element.

Favorite program, I love them all , but I'll choose W.E. Because it was my first favorite, runner up Tosca/MOAG
Favorite exhibition. Experience, runner up Beautiful Mess
Favorite element 3s3l, runner up. 3S.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can I bring tiny Zhenya here, from her first JGP? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgHR--94aRw

She is so small, and her legs are so long, and she is just so little and so very cute. Her flexibility at that age was super impressive as well - look at that very first leg lift - and she has some really nice spin positions. The spread eagle is so very Zhenya, even at just thirteen, and you can tell she loves performing. That huge grin at the end says it all!

She's so adorable. :)

Maia96

On the Ice

Favorite program, I love them all , but I'll choose W.E. Because it was my first favorite, runner up Tosca/MOAG

My favorite program is MOAG but if it's for emotions, the Olympic Karenina. That moment with all its meaning isn't comparable to any other.

And my favorite element is her Skid spiral and also her 3S3Lo.

mdl

On the Ice

What an impossible task to rang her programs....

I'll split on SP and FS :biggrin:
Favourite SP: Exogenesis, followed by Melodies of the White Night/ Tosca
Favourite LP: Extremely Loud, because of the uniqueness,that showed that this sport can be connected to and can bring messages related to the world burning issues. Followed by MOAG/ W.E.

Favourite elements: skid spiral, 3S3Lo, step and choreo sequences :biggrin:

Vemvane

On the Ice

Favourite programme: I think, if I absolutely have to choose, Exogenesis. It was very beautiful and moving, and I would love to see it again.
Favourite exhibition: the performance of Non, je ne regrette rien that she gave at the Courchevel gala in 2014. The dress, her loose hair, the spotlight, all of it combines with her speed and lightness and charm to make it the exhibition that has captured my heart.
Favourite element: I too have to hand it to her 3S-3Lo, especially the instances of it where she explodes up into the loop after barely touching down.

Favourite programme: I think, if I absolutely have to choose, Exogenesis. It was very beautiful and moving, and I would love to see it again.
Favourite exhibition: the performance of Non, je ne regrette rien that she gave at the Courchevel gala in 2014. The dress, her loose hair, the spotlight, all of it combines with her speed and lightness and charm to make it the exhibition that has captured my heart.
Favourite element: I too have to hand it to her 3S-3Lo, especially the instances of it where she explodes up into the loop after barely touching down.

https://youtu.be/wGWq22JzUxo
That exhibition is so beautiful that I felt the need to add a link to your post. Great choice! :)

I think I would choose Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close or MOAG. For exhibitions it goes to IDWBYA. It’s odd I feel like we need to categories her before coaching change programs and after coaching change programs separately because they just have a different energy and precision to them, but that doesn’t make her older programs any less stunning. I think this upcoming season’s programs are going to be my favourites though. I wonder what she will choose to skate to for her exhibition program.

Placebo11

On the Ice
Favourite LP: W.E.
Favourite SP: Tosca tied with Exogesis
Favourite Ex: Billie Elish,
RU: Beautiful Mess
Favorite element: 3S-3L
:love:

Fluture

Record Breaker
I love the story of Mao and Zhenya. Mao was a visionary :laugh:

Here a translation of another part of the interview ...An interesting reflection

https://mobile.twitter.com/marr_1704/status/1275114194929618944

I love the story about Mao and Evgenia. I always forget Zhenya actually competed against Mao a few times - it always seems like such different eras to me. Mao is such a legend, I can only imagine how little Zhenya must have felt - at her first worlds, proudly but nervously telling her idol about a song she‘d learned in her mother tongue. And Mao‘s reaction is pure gold, of course, especially since it led to Zhenya being recognized by the Japanese media for the first time and them all falling in love with her. She was adorably but unashamedly nerdy back then (and even now), one of the reasons I like her so much. I‘m so sad we didn‘t get to see her Sailor Moon show this year, it would have been amazing!

The second part is deeper. She‘s had to learn many lessons the hard way, about trusting the wrong people with your secrets, I‘m sure of that. But she did and I think it made her wiser.

Favourite LP: W.E.
Favourite SP: Tosca tied with Exogesis
Favourite Ex: Billie Elish,
RU: Beautiful Mess
Favorite element: 3S-3L
:love:

I‘ll give it a try, too:

Favorite FS: probably has to be Anna Karenina at the Olympics. It was just THE Olympic performance for me, she was closing the ladies competition and it just felt so right. It was heartfelt and painful and personal and yes, heartbreaking too. But that‘s what made it so outstanding - the raw emotion.

Strictly choreographically speaking, probably W.E. or Memoirs of a Geisha. But from the emotional impact, nothing beats that Olynpic skate.

Favorite SP: Nocturne, since it was the one that made me fall in love with her once and for all. Closely followed by River Flows in You.

Favorite Ex: Experience. I just love how the program grew with her. After the Olympic season it showed all the pain, it ended with that slap in the face (that metaphor, though). She was closed in on herself, the program ended with her withdrawing from others, eyes closed. Then, after Worlds 2019, it grew and still reflected the pain and difficulties she went through but ended on a much more hopeful note, with her reaching out to someone else, opening her eyes again. It‘s beautiful.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-hgEYGJagG/?igshid=200lc29h2j7v

Favorite Jump: 3Lo, followed by her 3F with the new entry

Favorite combination: 3S+3Lo

Favorite spin: CCoSp4

Favorite non-jump/spin element: her famous skid spiral

Favorite competition: Worlds 2016 and/or Worlds 2019 for different reasons. The first one was her first world title, the beginning of an era for her, filled with many more victories and titles and probably one of the longest winning streaks in the history of ladies figure skating. She was catching up after the FS with a record score and then being all giddy with her win, just great to watch. The second one - 2019 - is her fighting back after injuries, betrayal of trust, media wars, slandering and a resulting lack of confidence to make the podium at a competition where everybody predicted her to be fifth at best.

Favorite costume: so hard. I think I‘ll go with Memoirs of a Geisha, even though I didn‘t like it too much at the beginning of the season. Or the Milky Way SP Nocturne dress that fit so well with the purple background at the Olympic rink. :)

IceCrystalChris

On the Ice
@Fluture Yeah amazing winning streak. You have to go back to 1932 to find a ladies skater who had won that many singles gold medals in a row (Sonja Henie). Completely different era too, seasons only consisted of 2-3 competitions lol.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/evgeniamedvedeva/evgenia-s-records-and-achievements-t34.html

- Favourite FS: Memoirs of a Geisha.
- SP: Nocturne
- EX: Beautiful mess or meditation
- Tech: 3S-3Lo
- Costume: Memoirs of a Geisha (I hope this costume from Satomi is one of the nominees for an ISU award)

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
@Fluture Yeah amazing winning streak. You have to go back to 1932 to find a ladies skater who had won that many singles gold medals in a row (Sonja Henie). Completely different era too, seasons only consisted of 2-3 competitions lol.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/evgeniamedvedeva/evgenia-s-records-and-achievements-t34.html

- Favourite FS: Memoirs of a Geisha.
- SP: Nocturne
- EX: Beautiful mess or meditation
- Tech: 3S-3Lo
- Costume: Memoirs of a Geisha (I hope this costume from Satomi is one of the nominees for an ISU award)

I so hope her costume is nominated for an ISU award.