Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1462 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Scott512

Record Breaker
@Fluture Yeah amazing winning streak. You have to go back to 1932 to find a ladies skater who had won that many singles gold medals in a row (Sonja Henie). Completely different era too, seasons only consisted of 2-3 competitions lol.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/evgeniamedvedeva/evgenia-s-records-and-achievements-t34.html

- Favourite FS: Memoirs of a Geisha.
- SP: Nocturne
- EX: Beautiful mess or meditation
- Tech: 3S-3Lo
- Costume: Memoirs of a Geisha (I hope this costume from Satomi is one of the nominees for an ISU award)

Sonja really had it easy back then. ;) I bet she would think a lot of Zhenya while also being in disbelief that 90 years after her career there would be a golden skate forum on the internet for people to communicate with each other. That would blow Sonja's mind. Sometimes it blows my mind. ;)

bubblecherry

Final Flight
Hmm... I'll go!!!

Fav SP: Exogenesis :love: This isn't just recency bias, I really love this program. The opening, the last spin into the 'vogue' into the most beautiful StSq ever. Literal chills every single time.

LP: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. It's just peak Zhenya 1.0 for me. Everything flows together and Zhenya is acting for her LIFE in every single performance. The fact that she was cemented as a double World Champion, won every single competition she entered with this program, and it still holds the FS world record in the old system just tells you everything you need to know :love: :love: :love:

EX: Experience. Basically, what Fluture said ;) I love how this program grew with her. Worlds 2019 had no jumps, yet it was the most captivating and soulful skating performances I've ever seen. Also that spiral :love: Shoutout to Windmills, too, I love how you can see her growth through this program. I think her musicality is best demonstrated in Windmills and honestly I think her Skate Canada 2019 Gala performance of it is probably the best form we've ever seen her in. Zhenya's versatility and artistry really shines in her EX.

Jump: Recently, 3F. I love her new entry and the jump is huge + her tano now seems unique and really fits the jump! Under ET, I loved her 3Lo. Always so light and airy. Honorable mention to 3S, she's always been a reliable and loyal jump.

Combo: 3s3lo! Yay for unique combos!!! I love how she goes into the jump at full speed, ACCELERATES going into her entry, has a huge trajectory for her 3s then pops right into the 3lo (which somehow, sometimes ends up being higher than the 3s)

Spin: I-spin she was doing last season!

Fluture

Record Breaker
Evgenia was nominated for most entertaining program for MOAG. :yahoo:

Oh, I was hoping she‘d be nominated for best costume, too but I can see why she wasn‘t. I doubt she‘ll win but it‘s nice to at least see her among the nominees. :)

Also, to add: I wouldn‘t be mad at all if Kevin or P/C won. I saw the latter skate their program at Euros and it was awesome. And I met Kevin and he was so kind, even though it was the evening of the Men‘s FS and he must have been so disappointed to not be among the participants. So, I‘m rooting for Zhenya the most, of course, but I‘d be happy for everyone.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Something else to share:

https://churchandcarlton.net/2018/0...va-girl-wonder/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

A cool podcast about Zhenya

Also, this one (I know I’m late for Olympic day but I found it today) since it made me a little bit (very lol) emotional:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BestofKloss/status/1231492924044648451

https://www.instagram.com/p/CB5hUxZhK7a/?igshid=1eyc0bof7ofgj

And someone else not being able to handle Zhenya‘s talent. “Still can‘t understand how my dear friend Zhenya can be so multitalented“

Don‘t worry, no one can. :laugh:

Maia96

On the Ice
Evgenia was nominated for most entertaining program for MOAG. :yahoo:

:cheer2: But I thought she would be nominated for best costume. Really that dress in detail is a piece of art. Maybe if it had been lighter colored people would have appreciated it more.

mdl

On the Ice
:cheer2: But I thought she would be nominated for best costume. Really that dress in detail is a piece of art. Maybe if it had been lighter colored people would have appreciated it more.

I'm also surprised that the kimono was not nominated, its such a filigree work, deeply thought to fit not only the program, but also to reflect the Japanese traditions....anyway, MOAG is there so we now have to wait for 11th of July :)

Amy Zara

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I'm a bit late but here are my favourites:

Fav SP: Exogenesis :luv17: this program is pure art, the opening is so innovative and the choreo shows her strengths so well. (runner up is Nocturne, which was my favourite Olympic program from 2018)

Fave FP: Has to be Memoirs! I just watched her performance from Rostelecom again and it is without a doubt the best I have seen Zhenya skate...ever! Her speed and flow, the confidence with every element, and just her sheer performance ability all together in one amazing amazing program.

Fave EX: I have a huge soft spot for Beautiful Mess - I love how elegant it is and I love the fact that Zhenya choreographed it herself.

Jump: Her new 2A! Even though I still get nervous every time she goes for it, it makes me so happy to see how far she's come with this jump in particular. When she does it well it's beautiful :pray:

Combo: 3S-3Lo 100%. It's just so iconic

Spin: I loved her layback spin back when she was able to do it, but for now it's her I-spin. It seems to get better every season

I'm excited to see her new programs, as I'm sure they'll manage to be even better than the favourites I've listed here :laugh:

mdl

On the Ice
I love her in orange. And orange is my least favorite color. :dbana:

yes, the orange is really great, I think it is Nike's "haute couture" :).
My next favourite is the long sleeve one without the lettering, but all are very good and Zhenya looks so great :)

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Zhenya is back in Canada! New photos with her. She dyed her hair brown again.
https://twitter.com/info_smafla/status/1277527979573182469?s=20

Zhenya mentions in the article that she is currently advising two junior skaters and that she (still) wants to become a coach.
The article mentions that Zhenya left for Canada a few days after the interview (19th of June). She probably has been in Canada for a week now :)

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Zhenya is back in Canada! New photos with her. She dyed her hair brown again.
https://twitter.com/info_smafla/status/1277527979573182469?s=20

Zhenya mentions in the article that she is currently advising two junior skaters and that she (still) wants to become a coach.
The article mentions that Zhenya left for Canada a few days after the interview (19th of June). She probably has been in Canada for a week now :)

Love your new Avatar. And I'm so happy she is back in Canada. :dance3:

soniagrandar

Rinkside
Well, there's an interesting part where she talks about how difficult trying quads are for her and probably won't do it anymore? Very sad news :(

mdl

On the Ice
Well, there's an interesting part where she talks about how difficult trying quads are for her and probably won't do it anymore? Very sad news :(

no; I refer to the translation in Russian of the interview of EMN and then in English:

"Some female skaters make quads. I also tried quad when I was 15. But at that time it wasn’t so common, girls did 3-3. I think if I could go back to the age of 15, I would learn quads. Now it’s more difficult, but I would like to do a quad, I’m working on it."

With or without quad, I can't wait to see the new programmes. I'm sure that they will be outstanding as usual :)