Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 54 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

turquoiseblue

Final Flight
Medvedeva soars into lead at Trophée de France

Skating in a bright blue outfit to Lorenzo da Luca's "The River Flows in You," Medvedeva went through a perfect program once again. She landed her triple flip-triple toe loop combination, triple loop, and double axel, all in the second part of her program and in one motion, just like her music suggested. Her three spins and step sequence were rated at Level 4, but Medvedeva did make it clear that she needs to keep working on her component score.

"I can improve my second mark; it's not enough for a senior skate," she offered placidly.

Still, the Russian added beautiful transitions throughout her program, and did the same when entering her combination spin. She also added pantomime and facial expressions throughout, which provided an added touch.

"These themes are difficult," she explained. "My coaches, my choreographers and I want to find some different ways to open my inner world. It enhances my confidence each time. I'm sure we'll find new things next year as well."

Manitou

Medalist
Her skating is like a breeze of fresh air. So youthful, so refreshing, so filled with positive energy. You can watch it over and over and it's always new.

Last edited:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
"I can improve my second mark; it's not enough for a senior skate," she offered placidly.
I can imagine how angry her haters which will know that it's only around 50-60% potential of Zhenya :laugh2:
With more speed, with improved skating skills and with quad salchow Evgenia will be absolutely unbeatable :love:

turquoiseblue

Final Flight
Her skating is like a breeze of fresh air. So youthful, so refreshing, so filled with positive energy. You can watch it over and over and it's always new.
I agree with you. I can watch her skating over and over again and I always come away with something new :luv17:

I like the concept of her SP. It's lyrical, heartwarming, nostalgic and bittersweet...like the Kerrs' FD to Exogenesis which had a similar theme. It's so beautiful that it almost makes me cry every time I watch her performance. I love everything she does and everything about her SP :love:

Good luck to Evgenia in the FS! I can't wait to see her beautiful FS :hap10: :hap10:

turquoiseblue

Final Flight
Medvedeva (RUS), Fernandez (ESP), Papadakis/Cizeron (FRA), Savchenko/Massot (GER) lead at GP France

Medvedeva’s performance to “River Flows in You” and “Winter” was highlighted by a triple Flip-triple toe combination, a triple loop, double Axel and level-four spins and steps. The World Champion achieved 78.52 points, which is the second highest Short Program score achieved so far. “I am pleased with today’s performance, but this is still not the limit. I think I can improve my second score, because I think it’s not enough for senior skating. I have to work harder on it”, European Champion Medvedeva said.

starlight97

Final Flight
I agree with her that her second score can be improved. In my opinion the reason why her component score isn't "enough for senior skating", if that's how she puts it, is not that she isn't performing or emoting well enough. I think she's doing a great job at selling these programs, the problem are the programs themselves.
Especially the short, the choreo sadly is very juniorish with rope hopping etc. .... so to me if she looks for a reason why her second mark isn't even higher, she should question her choreographer/programs themselves and not her performing skills

Manitou

Medalist
Don't worry Zhenya! There are those days where things don't go perfect, but you still pulled it together. Great character!

turquoiseblue

Final Flight
Too bad about the fall, but that was a beautiful skate :luv17: :luv17: :luv17: To me, she is the best storyteller :love:

Congratulations on winning the gold medal :clap: :clap:

turquoiseblue

Final Flight
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2016/11/10/208725304

Medvedeva skated to music from the "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" soundtrack, engulfing the audience the entire time. The crowd was completely silent as she started her opening dramatic pantomime and watched as she landed her triple flip-triple toe combo, but surprisingly fell on the ensuing triple lutz.

She managed to hold the attention of the audience, especially during her suggestive, and quite dramatic, step sequence. The remainder of her program was flawless, as her spins and step sequence all received Level 4's, while her jumps were perfectly landed.

"I'm really pleased to have qualified for the Grand Prix Final," Medvedeva said after the event. "But I'm not satisfied with my program, it's absolutely not what I wanted to present. But I will be ready to work harder at home."

Not only is Medvedeva becoming a true actress on the ice, she also does it with incredible professionalism. She ended her final spin right on time, as if she were picking her telephone as it started ringing. She reeled off 143.02 points for her entertaining free program.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's so shocking to see her fall.

Yeah...I don't remember that happening since she was a junior and competed as a senior at some event in Moscow back in 2015 :laugh: I know that's not right but that's the last time I remember it happening.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Yeah...I don't remember that happening since she was a junior and competed as a senior at some event in Moscow back in 2015 :laugh: I know that's not right but that's the last time I remember it happening.

I think last season it only happened at COR (?) And Euros :biggrin:

Anyways congratulations to Zhenya! She will have the chance to defend her GPF title this year! Wishing her the best of luck :cheer:

Manitou

Medalist

She fell once in one of the galas last year. I don't remember which one..

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I think last season it only happened at COR (?) And Euros :biggrin:

She fell at Skate America and almost lost to Gracie Gold. I remember clearly because I was there!

So, she's fallen at Skate America, Rostelecom Cup, Euro Champs, and now Trophée de France... maybe falling isn't so rare for her as most people think.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
You just don't follow her or you have bad memory.

maybe falling isn't so rare for her as most people think.
Hey, sabinfire. Can you explain why SP videos on your channel appear so fast, but FS still not or appear since week? :( It's about NA video coverage? :(