Exhibitions you'd love to see | Golden Skate

Exhibitions you'd love to see

Layback11

Record Breaker
Title says it all. Is there anything you've ever heard and said, OMG, SOMEBODY NEEDS AN EX TO THIS, STAT?!?!? Well, I have! If you have, too, tell us about it!

I am convinced that a junior pairs or dance team, preferably really young teens (>14), needs to do a You Can't Stop The Beat ex, because that would be amazing. I don't think it would work past a certain age (16 at most, because I see that as a really spunky and youthful program that would be hard to put off without authentic spunk and youth that you probably wouldn't get in an adult skater), so it would either be a junior or somebody like Elena who went senior at 14.

kinoriH

Final Flight
I would love to see V/T skating to "take me to church".
They have way enough chemistry for this song.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
As I said in the Yuzuru thread, after seing this, I want him to skate to "young and beautiful" by Lana del Rey.

pandaatlarge

On the Ice
I always wanted to watch it, and last Sunday I was one of the luckiest audience who finally witnessed this so-called-exhibition "Parisian Walkways". I like Denis a lot, but sorry, this is the SP of the season, though not in competition.
Then with this 4Lo-3A , I couldn't help but wonder if I am ever going to watch anything more special than these few minutes in any exhibition.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
I want to see Mao (or Akiko) do EX to this. Dressed as a vampire with fake blood and all. And if she comes back -touching wood- to do it as competitive SP!

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I'd really like to see Yuzuru skating to Imagine dragons- Bleeding out

As I said in the Yuzuru thread, after seing this, I want him to skate to "young and beautiful" by Lana del Rey.

I will like to see Yuzuru doing something rocky or fun to skate too. Change is a great program. I can choose a song because is not the music I´m used to listen. But...

Seven Nation Army is a song I will like someone skating to, or Fell In Love With a Girl from The Whites Stripes.

Batsuchan

Medalist
Since Elena Radionova is into classic Hollywood, I would love to see her skate to "Sixteen going on seventeen" from The Sound of Music, or a medley of songs from that movie. I think her earnest, unabashed cheerfulness would be a perfect fit for many of those songs; she makes me smile just like that movie does. ;)

Also, since she's a big Audrey Hepburn fan, I could definitely see her skating to "I could have danced all night" from My Fair Lady. :biggrin:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Actually, Batuschan (the quote thing wasn't working-sorry), Polina Edmunds had used both of those for exhibitions. :laugh: Although Elena might be an even better fit!

Batsuchan

Medalist
Actually, Batuschan (the quote thing wasn't working-sorry), Polina Edmunds had used both of those for exhibitions. Although Elena might be an even better fit!

:drama: Doh! Clearly Polina and I have the same taste in 60s movie musicals! :laugh:

Anyways, Elena & team will probably pick something way more out-there than I can possibly imagine!

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
:drama: Doh! Clearly Polina and I have the same taste in 60s movie musicals! :laugh:

Anyways, Elena & team will probably pick something way more out-there than I can possibly imagine!

I was thinking that Elena could pull off something like this, given her penchant for mixing music genres.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Polina did a delightful exhibition to "16 Going on 17" @ US Nationals in January. Too bad NBC didn't have the brains to show it (not to mention Max, Maddie & Max's exhibitions as well). The pewter medalists were "chacked" in the broadcast. :no:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
if someone would do an ex to Foo Fighters "Best of you" or some Kings of Leon ("Immortals", "Tonight" or "Sex on fire" preferably), I'd be a very, very happy person ;)