Favorite footwork sequences of all time? | Golden Skate

Favorite footwork sequences of all time?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What are your favorite footwork sequences of all time for men or women?

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
Wilson and McCall's Scott Joplin free dance in the 1988 Olympics season. The sequence with the sideways running crossovers on their picks :jaw:!

Edit: Just noticed it says "for men or women". Does it have to be singles? I'm leaving this here if I can, because say "footwork sequence" to me and immediately that's what springs into my mind.

Magill

Record Breaker
Mine is even easier and even more obvious. Yuzuru Hanyu's Seimei. Breathtaking. Instrumental in his winning GP Final Gold and Olympic Gold. One of these precious few recognizable at a glance, one of the greatest in history. Simply iconic.
As Shae-Lynn Bourne, Seimei's choreographer described it talking to a Canadian FS podcaster PJ Kwong in 2018:
"Even visually, I would tell him at the end, there are all these clouds and darkness that is coming towards you before the dun, dun, when he starts the footwork. And he is like this light that just clears all the evil. Kind of takes away all the clouds and you have light again. We tried to make it really visual. That only he would know."

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Mine is even easier and even more obvious. Yuzuru Hanyu's Seimei. Breathtaking. Instrumental in his winning GP Final Gold and Olympic Gold. One of these precious few recognizable at a glance, one of the greatest in history. Simply iconic.
As Shae-Lynn Bourne, Seimei's choreographer described it talking to a Canadian FS podcaster PJ Kwong in 2018:
"Even visually, I would tell him at the end, there are all these clouds and darkness that is coming towards you before the dun, dun, when he starts the footwork. And he is like this light that just clears all the evil. Kind of takes away all the clouds and you have light again. We tried to make it really visual. That only he would know."

Ditto, with Rondo, Otonal and LGC coming close second; non-Yuzu would be Weir's Otonal, Jason's Hamilton, Machida's East of Eden, Mao's Swan Lake and Mai's Fairy of the Forest. And several by Satoko Miyahara.

Idiote

On the Ice
I have to admit the first that comes to mind is Yulia's Schindler's List step sequence ; though it's probably mostly for sentimental reasons because it's the first program I ever watched. I really miss one foot skating in singles, it was so beautiful, I'm sad it's kind of gone now :(

noskates

Record Breaker
In competition? It's a tie between Alexei Yagudin's Winter program and Jason Brown's Riverdance. In shows it's always anything Kurt Browning does. He has magical feet and there's no one like him when it comes to footwork! (and yes, I'm prejudiced and not even Canadian!)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Wilson and McCall's Scott Joplin free dance in the 1988 Olympics season. The sequence with the sideways running crossovers on their picks :jaw:!

Edit: Just noticed it says "for men or women". Does it have to be singles? I'm leaving this here if I can, because say "footwork sequence" to me and immediately that's what springs into my mind.
had to share it... stamp marked it but the whole thing is awesome