Favourite Program Endings/Ending Poses | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Favourite Program Endings/Ending Poses

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Dance

- Virtue/Moir Moulin Rouge! FD (2nd version) - I liked the softer ending too, but this was a perfect Olympic moment. Loved that ending lift.
- Virtue/Moir Latch FD - the lift into the ending pose was beautiful, and the NHK version was lovely and emotional
- Virtue/Moir Prince SD - again, the lift into that last pose. Great attitude
- Virtue/Moir Finnstep SD - bonus, the Olympic individual dress was stunning
- Virtue/Moir Carmen FD - dramatic, unexpected pose, and that last lift into it
- Virtue/Moir And the Waltz Goes On SD - just the ending pose
- Virtue/Moir Latin FD - I liked the SD ending too, but this was great. I like the little flip into the last bit
- Virtue/Moir Mahler FD - the ending specifically. Lovely, romantic, perfect for the program and the moment
- Virtue/Moir Farrucas OD - honestly this whole program was amazing

- Weaver/Poje Malade FD (2018 version) - dramatic and perfect for the program
- Lajoie/Lagha Dream/Nemesis FD - I love that moment with him spinning and her skating around him
- Hubbell/Donohue Latin SD - I like her twirl into the pose a lot
- Parsons/Parsons Latin SD - Apparently I like twirls into ending poses. Nice pizzazz.
- Parsons/Parsons Singing in the Rain FD - I like how it mirrors the starting pose
- McNamara/Carpenter Argentinian Tango FD - these two can do drama
- Shpilevaya/Smirnov Love Story FD - that finger

Pairs

- Savchenko/Massot La terre vue du ciel FS (Olympic version) - all the different versions were cool, but the Olympic one was stunning
- Savchenko/Massot Lighthouse FS - again gorgeous
- Sui/Han Turnadot FS - love that pose

Men

- Jason Brown Hamilton SP - a nice bam ending pose
- Nicolas NadeauElvis FS - everything about this program
- Alexei Krasnozhon Korobushka SP - great intensity

Ladies

- Evgenia Medvedeva Anna Karenina FS - she can do a dramatic look
- Evgenia Medvedeva Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close FS - didn't love the program, but I think the ending did really work
- Anastasia Tarakanova Einaudi SP - she really nails the crazy look
- Sofia Samodurova Hava Nagila SP - she's so cute in this program
- Anna Pogorilaya Scent of a Woman SP - Anna at her best

LadyB

Record Breaker
Torville & Dean's Bolero: these two dying on the ice was a great reflection of the emotional drain I went through during the programme. Masterpiece!

Stolbova/Klimov, I Put A Spell On You: When she plays with him and let him come closer, only to reject him again in the end. Ksenia triumphant, Fedor beaten. S/K at the height of their glory.

Lena Radionova, gala programme 2015-16, when she disappeared in that fur coat again, like an angel or a statue. Wow.

Ilya Skirda: Once Upon A Time In America. That bow and arrow pose in the end, after delivering so much character at such a young age. I hope he'll be back with a vengeance this year.

Zhenya Medvedeva: Yeah, I also liked that 9/11 ending. Come to think of it, I liked last season's 'breathing out' SP ending as well.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Another one I just thought of - Nicole Bobek's split on the ice @ the end of her "Circle of Life" exhibition program!

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I love that V/M Farrucas O/D also. Everything about it, including Tessa's costume. Amazing dance!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I loooved the ending movements of Kim's Adios FS. Also liked the end of Hanyu's Seimei..... The end of Chan's Four Seasons... And while not my fave skater, I do like the final spin into pose that Alina did in her Don Quixote - it was like such a perfect way to finish it.

Tulipstar

Medalist
Dance

- Virtue/Moir Moulin Rouge! FD (2nd version) - I liked the softer ending too, but this was a perfect Olympic moment. Loved that ending lift.
- Virtue/Moir Latch FD - the lift into the ending pose was beautiful, and the NHK version was lovely and emotional
- Virtue/Moir Prince SD - again, the lift into that last pose. Great attitude
- Virtue/Moir Finnstep SD - bonus, the Olympic individual dress was stunning
- Virtue/Moir Carmen FD - dramatic, unexpected pose, and that last lift into it
- Virtue/Moir And the Waltz Goes On SD - just the ending pose
- Virtue/Moir Latin FD - I liked the SD ending too, but this was great. I like the little flip into the last bit
- Virtue/Moir Mahler FD - the ending specifically. Lovely, romantic, perfect for the program and the moment
- Virtue/Moir Farrucas OD - honestly this whole program was amazing

- Weaver/Poje Malade FD (2018 version) - dramatic and perfect for the program
- Lajoie/Lagha Dream/Nemesis FD - I love that moment with him spinning and her skating around him
- Hubbell/Donohue Latin SD - I like her twirl into the pose a lot
- Parsons/Parsons Latin SD - Apparently I like twirls into ending poses. Nice pizzazz.
- Parsons/Parsons Singing in the Rain FD - I like how it mirrors the starting pose
- McNamara/Carpenter Argentinian Tango FD - these two can do drama
- Shpilevaya/Smirnov Love Story FD - that finger

Pairs

- Savchenko/Massot La terre vue du ciel FS (Olympic version) - all the different versions were cool, but the Olympic one was stunning
- Savchenko/Massot Lighthouse FS - again gorgeous
- Sui/Han Turnadot FS - love that pose

Men

- Jason Brown Hamilton SP - a nice bam ending pose
- Nicolas NadeauElvis FS - everything about this program
- Alexei Krasnozhon Korobushka SP - great intensity

Ladies

- Evgenia Medvedeva Anna Karenina FS - she can do a dramatic look
- Evgenia Medvedeva Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close FS - didn't love the program, but I think the ending did really work
- Anastasia Tarakanova Einaudi SP - she really nails the crazy look
- Sofia Samodurova Hava Nagila SP - she's so cute in this program
- Anna Pogorilaya Scent of a Woman SP - Anna at her best

Thanks for putting them all out there. You're right about Tarakanova. She looks quite mad; she does that very well.

And just a wild guess; you're a fan of Virtue/Moir? ;)
I was mostly a fan of single skating, but getting more and more into their skating as well.

LandShark

Rinkside
Years ago, Petr Barna, Czech Republic, don't remember which year but think it was the SP. He goes down on the ice lying on his side, tucks up into the foetal position. The music dies away for a few seconds and it looks like the programme has ended. Then there's one last furious screech of music and he shoots his arm straight into the air, reaching up in a torment as if in shock /distress.

The only programme ending I've found shocking and disturbing in a slightly un-nerving way.

Incredibly dramatic.