Figure skating camps for adults | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Figure skating camps for adults

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I’m totally sold. And I can’t wait to skate there. I wish I could go this year. But planning for 2024 will give me more time , hopefully I’ll be much better at skating (I’m my worst critic and even I have to admit I improved tremendously from 2022 to 2023 😂) and benefit even more from a week long intense schedule camp.

I came here wanting a recommendation for an eastern (or central) European camp, now I have totally different plans.

You’re talented at sales, @Ic3Rabbit 😂
:rofl:Thank you! :)

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Oh man, I’ve wanted to get to skate at Sun Valley ever since I saw pictures for the first time. It’s beautiful!!

There are a few outdoor rinks that pop up in various places in Boston throughout the winter (most famously the Frog Pond on Boston Common). Let’s just say the ice quality varies *considerably* (I landed a waltz jump at one of them and the ice was so thin that it cracked all the way down to the concrete!!).
I've skated there and the ice quality is "interesting" lol! I'm glad you didn't get hurt when it cracked.

desertskates

Medalist
Sun Valley is definitely on my 2024 list. A friend of mine went last year and absolutely loved the instructors, the area, the whole experience.
We're from Phoenix, so the whole idea of a high quality outdoor ice surface is kind of 🤯

DeepEdges

Spectator
Each summer there is a camp in Flims, Switzerland that I can recommend for athletes of all levels, including adults. Not the best website though: https://www.figureskatingcamp.com/super_summer_camp/summercamp_e.html
There are different groups for each level, on ice and off-ice training. Usually there is Elena Romanova for the ice training together with other trainers. Elena is amazing, super technician, and very kind to athletes of all levels. (She is the trainer of Olga Mikutina).

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Very, very tempting and mind opening. I think I still have my old ballet mentality active, I had amazing Russian teachers/directors so Russia was my main place for training/practice/ and I'd go for masterclasses in several European locations, so I seek the same in figure skating. There are great coaches here in Japan (my 2 coaches included) but I've seen the skating facilities in the USA on video, the rinks look amazing, have harnesses etc. Our facilities here are not even close to being that good, I know Japanese skaters who went to train in the USA and were amazed by the facilities and the lack of bruises (here we practice the jumps in the rink, next to the ice, then pad our butts as best we can and go try them on ice, harnesses. are so rare, never seen one here myself. They have rotation and jump training equipment in some studios, but for small kids, charge a small fortune for a session)
I'll definitely research the logistics, how much a 7 + stay (hotel, food, flights plus the camp's fee) would cost me. Even though I work remotely for a USA based company, I haven't gone over there for 10 + years and very out of touch with traveling prices.
Thank you very much for the very tempting suggestion @Ic3Rabbit 🙂
If you're wiling to come to the US I have a list.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OP, if you’re open to going to the US rather than Europe, the Road to Gold camp in Colorado is great. Specifically for adults. They’ve changed the format this year and you can pick your own ‘classes’ that you want to do, so basically build your own custom programme. Last year we were split into groups and you just did al the classes with your group, but this year sounds better, so you can focus on what you want to. Coaches were great and the rink in Vail is lovely (although the town is soooo expensive!)
I'm dying to go to this.

theblade

On the Ice
Our family has done some training in Sun Valley for a couple of summers pre-2020. The outdoor rink can be bright but there is indeed a shade cover. It's such a great experience; there are many teachers there who are happy doing their job. The adult camp sounds like fun. The location is amazing. Book your acommodations early. Like, now! The shows they have are fun; don't know if they coincide with the adult camp.

Last edited:

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Our family has done some training in Sun Valley for a couple of summers pre-2020. The outdoor rink can be bright but there is indeed a shade cover. It's such a great experience; there are many teachers there who are happy doing there job. The adult camp sounds like fun. The location is amazing. Book your acommadations early. Like, now! The shows they have are fun; don't know if they coincide with the adult camp.
Yes, there is a show date that co-incides with this years (and usually every year to most years) adult camp. The guest skater for this year's date is Nathan Chen

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
If you're wiling to come to the US I have a list.
Thank you very much! :)

When making this thread I originally thought central or Eastern Europe since it's the world area I am more familiar and comfortable (even though currently I live in Japan, not there), but this thread has been very mind opening.

I thank you for your kind offer and I will really appreciate having your list of USA adult camps! I think maybe many other adult skaters in this forum can benefit of it as well if they are interested in going to training camps, willing to go to USA and they also can plan accordingly.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you very much! :)

When making this thread I originally thought central or Eastern Europe since it's the world area I am more familiar and comfortable (even though currently I live in Japan, not there), but this thread has been very mind opening.

I thank you for your kind offer and I will really appreciate having your list of USA adult camps! I think maybe many other adult skaters in this forum can benefit of it as well if they are interested in going to training camps, willing to go to USA and they also can plan accordingly.
Are you on Facebook? I'm in a group called "Adult Skating Camps" and I had no idea but they are everywhere. Italy and Istanbul are the last 2 listed. In the US in addition to what's been listed, NYC, Boston, and Minneapolis. Canada. Lake Placid. Charleston, SC. North Dakota. Nashville. Reno. I mean there are just so many (I never had any idea there are this many). Vail and Boston (I think it is actually Norwood) are my dream ones but the one in Boston is 3k.

I know Canada is not in the US. Let's just say North America:)

Last edited:

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Are you on Facebook? I'm in a group called "Adult Skating Camps" and I had no idea but they are everywhere. Italy and Istanbul are the last 2 listed. In the US in addition to what's been listed, NYC, Boston, and Minneapolis. Canada. Lake Placid. Charleston, SC. North Dakota. Nashville. Reno. I mean there are just so many (I never had any idea there are this many). Vail and Boston (I think it is actually Norwood) are my dream ones but the one in Boston is 3k.

I know Canada is not in the US. Let's just say North America:)
No, I am on Twitter, Instagram and Telegram.
I didn't know there were so many camps either, but it's good that there is enough interest for that many locations to have camps for adults.
Here I heard at my rink that Mie Hamada at Kinoshita Academy (Kansai region of Japan) sometimes has masterclasses and a camp format for adults too. They don't advertise well, but she and her academy are famous and next time she has these, my coaches told me I should go. There are others in some other regions/rinks but again, not that well advertised.
It would be wonderful to have more centralized visibility of all these camps worldwide so those interested could make traveling plans to go with time in advance!