Fix for my Flutz | Golden Skate

Fix for my Flutz

AmalieWaltz

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Hello skaters! I am very frustrated. I've been working on the Lutz for a while and I just cannot do it. It always ends up being a Flutz. I've practiced that exercise where you pick and jump straight up, as my coach suggested, many times and I can stay on my outside edge while doing that without any problem. But when I add the rotation, for some reason, I get on my inside edge. And I also try to keep my feet really close together side to side when I put the toe pick in the ice but still I get on my inside edge! I've even tried picking with my feet crossed because I know a lot of skaters do it that way but when I do that, it seems to tie up my feet and I feel like I can't jump when they're in that position. So I try to pick directly beside my other foot, without it crossing it behind. I think I've watched every You Tube video on the Lutz. Does anyone have any suggestions they can offer? I am beginning to think I will never get this jump!

ydsun

Spectator
Heyy maybe try raising your toe a bit lower before it pulls off the ground... that way, you will be able to jump before your skate goes to flat in edge....