Four Conts attendees thread | Golden Skate

Four Conts attendees thread

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
This is gonna be a great comp for sure! But it always is...Its just that it will be warm down there in So. Cal. I am going.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
After two weeks in the snow and ice of Chicago, Detroit, and Colorado, I'll be looking forward to Anaheim!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Are any of you staying at the Ayres Hotel across the street?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Are any of you staying at the Ayres Hotel across the street?

Did anyone manage to get a room there? It was sold out very very early. Like, as soon as they made the announcement early.

SkateSand

Rinkside
It was a Four Continents thread here on Golden Skate that gave the information about the hotel across the street from the venue and that folks were making their reservations there even before the venue was confirmed. That's when I made mine because I hadn't realized there was a hotel so close. Last time I was in Anaheim for a skating event at the Honda Center, there hadn't been one. So for sure people did, based on information posted here. I guess you weren't reading the thread at that time?

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did anyone manage to get a room there? It was sold out very very early. Like, as soon as they made the announcement early.

I booked a room there yesterday with arrival date of 2-7 and departure of 2-11. Online it said it was sold out. I called the 800 number and was told they would get back to me, which they did (later in the day). I doubt that it mattered, but I did tell them that I was a member of Friends of Figure Skating through U.S. Figure Skating. I wondered if a few rooms had opened up since several announcements have been made about who is and isn't skating.

I started with the phone 800-595-5692 but was transferred several times. I think that's just the main number for all the Ayres reservations. The hotel's main number is 714-634-2106, which is probably where I ended up eventually. It's the usual deal where you have until 3 pm 24 hours prior to arrival to cancel.

Adding -- SkateSand, I do remember that thread where Coyote Chris shared some information with us. Thx.

SkateSand

Rinkside
Yep, CoyoteChris is a fount of valuable information. :) I only attend skating events where a rental car isn't required because I'm a Nervous Nellie driving an unfamiliar car in an unfamiliar area. So I had been disappointed that they had moved 4CCs to Anaheim from Colorado Springs, because Colorado Springs has at least four hotels within easy walking distance to the World Arena, and I hadn't remembered Anaheim having any that close. Once I knew differently, that changed everything, and I decided to attend.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's really much better to do it that way. I know we were within walking distance of the arena at Nats in San Jose, thx to Coyote Chris. It makes all the difference in the world. I'm still lamenting the Colorado Springs thing too. Never did hear why it was changed.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yeah, I'll join you all in lamenting the Colorado Springs venue change.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Personally, I am thrilled that it's in Anaheim. More than likely great weather. On the West Coast. Disneyland. And the athletes can breathe. Win, win, win, win for me. The venue is nice too.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I suppose there are a lot of good points to Anaheim. I was looking forward to Colorado though and going to the museum there. The altitude could have been a problem though for the skaters.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I will be in LA for business the week of 2/11, and am trying to arrange it so I can arrive in time to see menā€™s FS on Saturday! Fingers crossed. :)

lusterfan

Final Flight
First time attending a figure skating event, so I'm beyond excited! I live in LA so the location was ideal :)

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I always have this problem with Airbnb - I cant decide which places to book, because there are so many fun options. I only today got my confirmation back from USFS that I'm volunteering, so my travel plans are now locked in. Can't wait for Skate Disney!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
It's really much better to do it that way. I know we were within walking distance of the arena at Nats in San Jose, thx to Coyote Chris. It makes all the difference in the world. I'm still lamenting the Colorado Springs thing too. Never did hear why it was changed.

I am across the street at Ayres as other here are too.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I suppose there are a lot of good points to Anaheim. I was looking forward to Colorado though and going to the museum there. The altitude could have been a problem though for the skaters.

I am torn. I have been to 4CCs Colorado Springs and I love the place...three sheets of ice on the same campus and the museum...nearby motels and eateries. But there is warmth in Aneheim. Altitude is absolutely an issue for those that do not live and train at altitude. Doesnt seem to bother the Chinese pairs though. Hey, who put yea old coyote in the photog's box?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I always have this problem with Airbnb - I cant decide which places to book, because there are so many fun options. I only today got my confirmation back from USFS that I'm volunteering, so my travel plans are now locked in. Can't wait for Skate Disney!

Look for the mouse during the opening cerimonies!