Four Conts attendees thread | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Four Conts attendees thread

SkateSand

Rinkside
Well, I'm here! All my flights went smoothly and actually arrived early. It was pouring rain, though, when I decided to cross the street for dinner from my hotel. Bring a raincoat! :laugh:

VegMom

On the Ice
I just went to print our tickets - what!?! It's 27 sheets of paper! I was expecting ONE ticket for each person that said ALL ACCESS or something. But instead it's one ticket per person for each event!!! That's a lot of paper

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Yeah, they did that to us at San Jose too, where I am now by chance waiting on a flight. This time I just hsd them mail the garden variety tickets. Much better. Boots on the ground tonight.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Busted for having a wallet chain! Lanyards are ok for strangling coachs though. BT W, this area is a food desert. Plan where you will buy snacks and drinks BEFORE you come. There is an AM PM 11 min. Away.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Met PaulE skatesand and ice coverage so far, so great. Brewpub next to Ayres is AOK. They do takr res. And know they are about to be slammed. (FYI no one walks in LA LA Land except dogs and escaped convicts just so you know.)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
PaulE and I tried the Tilted Kilt Brewpub. Its fine but DO NOT GO TO THEIR WEBSITE AND SEE PICS OF MODIFYED YOUNG LADIES IN SCANT SCOTTISH CLOTHES, if you can call that attire clothes. I have never been to owl themed eatery (there is one two blocks away) but now I see what it must be like. :eeking:

crzesk8dad

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Sean has been invited to perform at the Gala on Sunday. He is quite honored to do it.

Can you say Mambo????

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Would someone please make a thread to post Live Reports from some of you lucky folks, for us non-attendees? Even if you don't have times for much detail, it would be much appreciated. Has anyone seen Ashley and Tim practice yet? Peng/Jin? M-T/M?

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Flying out tomorrow with the family! Excited to check out the rink. Anyone have any info about the temperature inside the rink? Should we bring layers just in case - even though California weather is going to be in the 60s?

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Flying out tomorrow with the family! Excited to check out the rink. Anyone have any info about the temperature inside the rink? Should we bring layers just in case - even though California weather is going to be in the 60s?

Someone said in another thread that the weather outside is warm, but inside the rink it's freezing. In a court of law, this would be hearsay, though. :giveup:

My experience in other rinks is that even a thin layer underneath jeans or pants makes a good difference in comfort. But OTOH, you might not want to wear such an item outside the rink ... so I'd say layers on top is wise. :)

Have a wonderful time! I'm sure you will ... seeing competitions live is awesome!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
FYI handout sheets for firing order are wrong. Two. USFS has no record I ordered 3 breakfast tickets. Good thing I had receipt.

kappa_1

On the Ice
About to fly out from cold and snowy Minneapolis and couldn’t be more excited. Who’s coming to the ladies sp tomorrow? DM me if you’re looking for skating friends to chat with. I’m going to this event stag (because apparently people still have to work lol?)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Would someone please make a thread to post Live Reports from some of you lucky folks, for us non-attendees? Even if you don't have times for much detail, it would be much appreciated. Has anyone seen Ashley and Tim practice yet? Peng/Jin? M-T/M?

Sui/Han looked amazing at yesterday's practice, Peng/Jin not too bad. No-one else bothered to show yesterday. Today I ditched pairs.

Bring layers, the rink is not warm and neither is the outside weather. (Says the Aussie who is sulking because she thought it would be warm in California but it is not).

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Sui/Han looked amazing at yesterday's practice, Peng/Jin not too bad. No-one else bothered to show yesterday. Today I ditched pairs.

Bring layers, the rink is not warm and neither is the outside weather. (Says the Aussie who is sulking because she thought it would be warm in California but it is not).

OMG karne, are you there too?! It looks like a great party already, wish I was here to say hi & gush about Kailani, Brooklee, Brendan...:):):). Have fun, cheer loudly also on my behalf!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Have fun everyone!

Ashley Wagner is going to be on the Ice Desk, so hope some of you get to say hi to her!

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Have fun everyone!
Ashley Wagner is going to be on the Ice Desk, so hope some of you get to say hi to her!

Hi, do you have a link to it? I got an alert that Ice Desk was starting, but can’t find it anywhere on Fanzone. All i see are upcoming broadcasts.