Four Conts attendees thread | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Four Conts attendees thread

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi, do you have a link to it? I got an alert that Ice Desk was starting, but can’t find it anywhere on Fanzone. All i see are upcoming broadcasts.

No idea. I found out that she was going from her IG story yesterday. She did say she would be covering all the events.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No idea. I found out that she was going from her IG story yesterday. She did say she would be covering all the events.

That's fantastic! I can hardly wait. I really enjoyed the Ice Desk videos from nationals, after the fact. Nick, Michael, Brooke had excellent things to say.

I think the post-comp videos went up on youtube very quickly.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Skate Radio is there, but the latency is still awful. Hope it is better in the arena.

Oreo

On the Ice
It’s meat locker cold inside the arena! Hopefully more attendees here tonight for the men’s short program will add some body heat in the air. Gloves going on right now...

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I like the cold, but it's REALLY cold! Definitely need gloves. Bottle of water and popcorn -- $14.50.

Met Jonathan Beyer from TSL and Sean Rabbitt was sitting behind me for most of the ladies SP.

VegMom

On the Ice
Well, my family watched the Ladies short and the men's short. We skipped the opening ceremonies and some of the skaters skating early at each event. It's really incredible to see live. I'm glad we went. The cameras miss so much.

These things are just so long, it's really challenging for our 9 year old to sit and watch for so long. And it's so late! The men's long is going to be so so so late! Me and kiddo are going to be falling asleep as we watch... or kiddo will go into his hyper mood when he's overtired.

Why do they schedule these events so late? Is it so people with regular 9-5 jobs can attend to watch?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
So nice to have met Arriba and introduced PaulE and Skatesand (Sandskate?) to her at breakfast! sorry for not checking notifications but litterally no time....sleep...eat...watch....off to rink but so thankfull to GS staff for quick links to skating orders with times.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Saw Solar. Arena is still cold. An usher told us they would like us to be in our bought seats at the start of the comps but after that, filtering was ok. Light crowd at pairs short.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Saw Solar. Arena is still cold. An usher told us they would like us to be in our bought seats at the start of the comps but after that, filtering was ok. Light crowd at pairs short.

Nice running into you! Crowd was light but the pairs all got loud cheers, especially Sui/Han with their return. Arena is warmer than the GPF one but it might just be because it’s nice and warm outside as well :)

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So nice to have met Arriba and introduced PaulE and Skatesand (Sandskate?) to her at breakfast! sorry for not checking notifications but litterally no time....sleep...eat...watch....off to rink but so thankfull to GS staff for quick links to skating orders with times.

Always enjoy putting the face with the screen name! See you at breakfast tomorrow...Yes, things are very busy!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Sat in Section 226 yesterday and it was FREEZING. Sat there again today for the pairs, and it was much warmer. Who can figure?!

VegMom

On the Ice
Did anyone hear the screaming occurring during Elizabet Tursynbaeva‘s free skate? It was on the judges side of the arena and seemed to be coming from the locker room area. A bunch of press left the press box area (where Jackie Wong was) in a rush right then, I assumed to cover that story. But I don’t see anything about it. Anyone know?

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

I watched Rika's and Mai's FS on YT today and saw you, CoyoteChris !!! Were you in the front, opposite judges side, wearing a baseball cap? :) :) :)

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I also saw Chris when watching Rika's FS on youtube, one of the first to give a standing ovation to Rika's phenomenal free skate!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Nice running into you! Crowd was light but the pairs all got loud cheers, especially Sui/Han with their return. Arena is warmer than the GPF one but it might just be because it’s nice and warm outside as well :)

Always great to see you and the people you were with....!!!!PaulE and I are big fans of Sui/Han but like both Chineese pairs. Got a great pic of PaulE holding a huge stuffed bear for someone who threw it at Rika....Fun sitting next to Skatesand...will be there for pairs and last two groups of men....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I also saw Chris when watching Rika's FS on youtube, one of the first to give a standing ovation to Rika's phenomenal free skate!

Rika, Mai and Kaori are all wonderful, but Kaori"s musical interpretation, composition and performance are the best in the world in my world. :love: May the dung of a 1000 camels impead the progress of Judge 9...:laugh2:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Rika, Mai and Kaori are all wonderful, but Kaori"s musical interpretation, composition and performance are the best in the world in my world. :love: May the dung of a 1000 camels impead the progress of Judge 9...:laugh2:

I am hollering with laughter :laugh:, what about lady announcer yesterday at RD? I don't know if you were at the arena, but we had quite a party laughing off likes Tom Koleto or Shuye Wang or Piper Gilys, with added constant 'HOW BOUT THAT?!?!'

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Have fun everyone!

Ashley Wagner is going to be on the Ice Desk, so hope some of you get to say hi to her!

She is at the icedesk which is behind the bar so skatesand and I can get $15 margarittas and make faces at her while she is on the air...I am pretty sure she ignored us. I also think S. Kerr also ignored my mime routine of a man in love with her but am not sure. Ben Agusto and a lovely lady were at breakfast at the Ayres today but he politely refused any gushing....Mariah and BF were in concourse after Ladies Free . She was graciously having selfies taken with young and old, but of course there was a Mariah jam in the hall. Who knows what tonight may bring? The thrill of victory and the agony of da feet....:sad21:
Hugs to Kaori...remember ...no one remembers 4ccs....and worlds is coming....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Score! At breakfast, got pics of me and Ting, Jason, Mariah, Ashley and Tim...Got pics of Vincent, Tomoki, and Bradie but they ran away from me before I could get a pic with then. :sad21: Other skaters were there also. Mariah talked about having to get a new place with her BF due to Mold in their old place and she says Raf is tough but there is a big softy at heart. pics when I get back. (8 degrees in Spokane and wife is having to snow blow the 100 yard long driveway due to wind so I hope to be home by March. ) Incognito forum member had a blast at breakfast (FOFS)...like a kid in a candy store.
Instant grand kids! Just add love. :love: