Guilty/Not Guilty | Page 396 | Golden Skate

Guilty/Not Guilty

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Guilty! My native language is Hebrew but through the years, any time I've been required to speak/made a presentation, it has been in whatever language of the country I'm currently living in is. I highly dislike speaking to more than 1 person at a time, so you can imagine this is something I don't like at all doing!

Have you ever been unable to stop laughing at a place you're not supposed to be laughing?

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Guilty! My native language is Hebrew but through the years, any time I've been required to speak/made a presentation, it has been in whatever language of the country I'm currently living in is. I highly dislike speaking to more than 1 person at a time, so you can imagine this is something I don't like at all doing!

Have you ever been unable to stop laughing at a place you're not supposed to be laughing?
Oh so guilty. It was a funeral, in a church, and the very nice, very devout gentleman sitting next to me sang the hymns loudly, fervently and word-perfectly. Unfortunately, he could not carry a tune in a dumptruck and two lines in I was desperately trying not to swallow the giggles...

Have you ever totally dried on a stage or in front of an audience?

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Mine was also on a funeral, here in Japan (and it was not only me, it was everyone there). It was at the home of the deceased person, who had one of those dancing flowers on a shelf, the relatives of course forgot to turn it off, and it started dancing during the funeral 😂

I don't understand "dried on a stage", maybe I'm not familiar with this expression
(English not native, sorry). Do you mean, make a mistake on stage? If so, then guilty! Prior to being a figure skater, I was a classical ballerina, did this for a job (professionally) and of course, we do make mistakes on stage during performances, and try our best to make them not noticeable to the audience. Castings/auditions and competitions are a different challenge, and the mistake can cost losing the part for what you're auditioning for, or lose the competition, and yes, I've lost on both accounts

Have you ever regretted not buying something immediately (as in, you decided to think about it, and when you were ready to purchase, the item was sold out)?

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Mine was also on a funeral, here in Japan (and it was not only me, it was everyone there). It was at the home of the deceased person, who had one of those dancing flowers on a shelf, the relatives of course forgot to turn it off, and it started dancing during the funeral 😂

I don't understand "dried on a stage", maybe I'm not familiar with this expression )English not native, sorry)
'Dried' means completely forgotten what you were about to say (sing, do...)

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Oh sorry, you quoted me while I was editing my post ... and yet I managed to get it wrong 🤣

Mistakes on stage yes, but completely forgetting, thankfully not guilty 😱

Have you ever regretted not buying something immediately (as in, you decided to think about it, and when you were ready to purchase, the item was sold out)?

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh sorry, you quoted me while I was editing my post ... and yet I managed to get it wrong 🤣

Mistakes on stage yes, but completely forgetting, thankfully not guilty 😱

Yep, and recently (Yuzu merchandise - I got some but not all the things I wanted :()

Have you ever accidentally bought more than one Christmas or birthday present for the same person?

Last edited:

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
I'm guilty of the not buying regret. Except for my own skating, where I don't spare expenses, everything else gets a "I'll think about it and decide later", especially if it's a bigger purchase.

I'm Jewish so no Christmas, but birthday gift yes, however not accidentally, rather on purpose, so 1/2 guilty 🤣(especially if it's someone close, like family and coach, I buy a gift, then I think it's too little/not enough and then buy a second one, and give both)

Have you ever cut a vacation short and left before the scheduled date simply because you didn't like something/could not tolerate something about the location?

Olly96

Cats, bats & figure skating
On the Ice
Country
Estonia
Hmm, not guilty, I guess 🤔
If I commit to going somewhere, I try to stick with it until the end 😆

Have you ever got in trouble with school/work/other commitments because your flight or other transportation was delayed?

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Not guilty! I work remotely, from home, and manage to be late or cancel business Zoom meetings if they are in the way of my skating (skating > tech job), but thankfully I work for a very understanding company in a relaxed industry, quite understanding and aware of my skating endeavours (my CEO is a marathon runner, and we have many employees who practice sports in our personnel), so no, never trouble.

In my past job (professional ballet dancer), punctuality was a must, tardiness was very frowned and heavily scolded, and I was too scared to be late, so I always drove there WAY more earlier than required and was always one of the first to arrive 😂

Have you ever caught yourself thinking about a single decision you made decades ago in your life that if you had decided differently, your life would be absolutely different now?

Olly96

On the Ice
Country
Estonia
Not guilty! I work remotely, from home, and manage to be late or cancel business Zoom meetings if they are in the way of my skating (skating > tech job), but thankfully I work for a very understanding company in a relaxed industry, quite understanding and aware of my skating endeavours (my CEO is a marathon runner, and we have many employees who practice sports in our personnel), so no, never trouble.
That's great!
Have you ever caught yourself thinking about a single decision you made decades ago in your life that if you had decided differently, your life would be absolutely different now?
Guilty, and it's not just one decision 😅

Have you ever watched a movie simply because your favourite actor was in it?

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
I'd say mostly guilty! I was born in the late 80s, grew up in the 90s (yes, old, I know) watching Anthony Hopkins, Arnold Shwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis, Liam Neeson and they are my favorite actors! My grandmother and father never censored any content from me, I'd just watch what they were watching, which was action,suspense, murder mystery, horror, SCI FI, or war films. And these actors above played mainly in such films. Except if they felt like showing how versatile they can be and went to be in either comedies,cartoons or fantasy films (genres which nobody liked in my household), which I wouldn't watch, any film of any of these actors in the genres I love is a film I do enjoy :) Sadly Bruce Willis is retired and the others are old now. I don't think I have any current, younger favorite actor

Have you ever gone to the supermarket, made a very big shopping, drove back home, organized everything and noticed you forgot to buy that single item you thought you needed to go to the supermarket to buy? (yes, me, drove home with a car full of bags 2 hours ago, only to notice I forgot to buy oil, and now how I am going to make my popcorn, my only "day off diet" snack :( )

Olly96

On the Ice
Country
Estonia
Guilty multiple times 😆

Has coffee ever saved you from a really bad day?

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
YES, GUILTY! Caffeine + nicotine. Instant stress reliever.

Have you ever changed your mind about a person you didn't like, he/she didn't make a great first impression when you first met the person, and became good mates/colleagues or even friend?

Olly96

On the Ice
Country
Estonia
Guilty!
I'm very glad I was wrong about them!

Have you ever procrastinated doing something and then were stressed about how little time you had left to do the task?
(Very guilty 😅)

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
So very guilty! This happens 100% at work when I have to do something I don't like (either find it boring or unnecessary). I will respect the deadline, but it will be done when it cannot absolutely wait any longer and it always causes me stress to do something I either don't like or find unnecessary, so I can't help feeling I'm wasting time in the little time left before the deadline.
*and I'm guilty about the bad first impression person. I thought an older lady skater at my rink was a snob/arrogant and didn't like me, and I couldn't have been more wrong about her, just an unfortunate first impression! We properly spoke and she's so nice. She only goes to the rink once a week but she became one of my favorite rink mates and we're always happy to see each other :)

Have you ever felt so much guilt when you missed practice because you have a cold or other illness, looking at the clock and thinking what you'd be doing in practice instead of being at home in bed?

Olly96

On the Ice
Country
Estonia
Somewhat guilty (not with practice but with work/school) 😅
Usually I'm more than okay with staying at home and resting while sick but when I had just started a new job a few years ago and got sick, not being able to go to work made me quite stressed.

Have you ever helped someone learn a foreign language?

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Not guilty.. amongst the academics subjects, my strongest/favorite ones were the science ones (physics, chemistry, biology) and mathematics. Even though these days now i love history documentaries, I always highly struggled with it and my least favorite of all, literature/language.
Ironically enough, having lived in so many countries, I ended up having to somehow learn the local languages to be able to have a normal and functional daily life without depending on others, so it was rather for survival, but I just don't think I have talent for languages at all, don't like it, so not enough for myself, I'd never venture to help anyone with language beyond translating one word here and there if the person is curious.

Do you like football and enjoy following FIFA tournaments?

Olly96

On the Ice
Country
Estonia
Guilty but only during major tournaments like World Cup/Euros.

Do you like buying new gym/sports clothes?

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Very guilty! I'd say 95% of my clothes are sport clothes, since the vast majority of times I leave my home it's either to the rink for skating practice, or for any other of the off ice practices I'm in, and I stop at the supermarket or bank between practices. I don't buy them all the time, I rather buy items that may be expensive, but they will last much longer since better quality. I do have a few elegant clothes and high heel shoes, but rarely wear since even when I go out with my husband, he always dresses in a sportive way too, so I don't see the need to dress up. (and I LOVE football, it's my favorite team sport, but same as you, I only follow/watch major FIFA tournaments, and men only, I don't care for female football)

Do you like amusement parks and rollercoasters?

Olly96

On the Ice
Country
Estonia
Guilty!
I like everything, except for the scariest rides 😆
We had such a great time at the USJ in Osaka!

Have you ever ended up not enjoying a famous place that much because it was overly crowded?