help me choosing Edea figure skates :)) | Golden Skate

help me choosing Edea figure skates :))

kaj

Spectator
hi everyone, I’m new here and i’m hoping you could help me with choosing my first pair of figure skates :)

i'm currently using a random no-name brand, with basic blades and horrible toe picks, which are definitely not suitable for my level and i really want to upgrade.

For info - i am 18 y.o. female, 174 cm (which is pretty tall) and about 55 kg :) Currently i am working on flip and sit spin, and already can do waltz jump, salchow, toeloop and loop jumps, basic upright scratch spin and backspin (but of course they need a looot of work), also some spirals, crossovers and other easier stuff :) right now training about 1-2 times a week, which means like 2 +- hours a week.

im currently deciding between Edea Overtures and Choruses, even though I was already like 98% sure I will get the Overtures, (they are rated for my level and I can manage to pay the price), but the more I’m reading here, the more I’m concerned :// I don’t know if it’s true about them breaking down really quickly, but I want them to last at least a year or 2, considering how much they cost. i really want to have suitable skates, but i can’t pay like 600€ for my first pair, cause that’s a lot of money for me.

I had tried both of them on and they fitted well so that’s not an issue :))

For blades - I have decided to try MK pros, since a lot of people like them.

I know this is soooo long, but I have a real trouble deciding, and I didn’t know where else to ask :)) (also I’m not from english speaking country and really sorry for the grammar mistakes i have made)

thank you so much guys <3

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
hi everyone, I’m new here and i’m hoping you could help me with choosing my first pair of figure skates :)

i'm currently using a random no-name brand, with basic blades and horrible toe picks, which are definitely not suitable for my level and i really want to upgrade.

For info - i am 18 y.o. female, 174 cm (which is pretty tall) and about 55 kg :) Currently i am working on flip and sit spin, and already can do waltz jump, salchow, toeloop and loop jumps, basic upright scratch spin and backspin (but of course they need a looot of work), also some spirals, crossovers and other easier stuff :) right now training about 1-2 times a week, which means like 2 +- hours a week.

im currently deciding between Edea Overtures and Choruses, even though I was already like 98% sure I will get the Overtures, (they are rated for my level and I can manage to pay the price), but the more I’m reading here, the more I’m concerned :// I don’t know if it’s true about them breaking down really quickly, but I want them to last at least a year or 2, considering how much they cost. i really want to have suitable skates, but i can’t pay like 600€ for my first pair, cause that’s a lot of money for me.

I had tried both of them on and they fitted well so that’s not an issue :))

For blades - I have decided to try MK pros, since a lot of people like them.

I know this is soooo long, but I have a real trouble deciding, and I didn’t know where else to ask :)) (also I’m not from english speaking country and really sorry for the grammar mistakes i have made)

thank you so much guys <3
Hi and welcome! Have you had a professional fitting to know that for sure the tech has said what brands you fit. Have they measured and traced your foot to know your foot style?
Once you are able to let us know that here, we can suggest a brand that fits your foot properly and fulfills your needs for a skate at your level.

kaj

Spectator
Hi and welcome! Have you had a professional fitting to know that for sure the tech has said what brands you fit. Have they measured and traced your foot to know your foot style?
Once you are able to let us know that here, we can suggest a brand that fits your foot properly and fulfills your needs for a skate at your level.
I have tried both of them on ( I have even tried Ice flys haha), but it was not in a pro shop - unfortunately in my country there is nothing like this. BUT I was trying many sizes (all from 255 to 270 -265 fitted the best) with my coach, I had pulled the insoles out to be really sure that they were okay, I had measured my feet and put the measurements into sizing charts and I did not only walk in all of the skates, I had even skated in them for a while :)) I really can’t do more in my situation, but I’m like 99% sure I have the right size ;))

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I have tried both of them on ( I have even tried Ice flys haha), but it was not in a pro shop - unfortunately in my country there is nothing like this. BUT I was trying many sizes (all from 255 to 270 -265 fitted the best) with my coach, I had pulled the insoles out to be really sure that they were okay, I had measured my feet and put the measurements into sizing charts and I did not only walk in all of the skates, I had even skated in them for a while :)) I really can’t do more in my situation, but I’m like 99% sure I have the right size ;))
No, sorry. Skates don't fit like shoes and you can't fit a "range" of sizes. You need to be measured by a pro. Where are you from and we can find you one.

kaj

Spectator
No, sorry. Skates don't fit like shoes and you can't fit a "range" of sizes. You need to be measured by a pro. Where are you from and we can find you one.
Sorry, im new to this, so i thought i did enough to know my shoe size.
I’m from Slovakia, but I’m just a student so I really can’t just drive to whole another country, even another city apart from what I live in for a proper sizing, unfortunately :((

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I’m from Slovakia, but I’m just a student so I really can’t just drive to whole another country, even another city apart from what I live in for a proper sizing, unfortunately :((
MICHAL MUSKA
PRI CELULOZKE 1579/52
ZILINA, 01001,

Ph: 1905705072

This is a fitter in your country. :)

kaj

Spectator
MICHAL MUSKA
PRI CELULOZKE 1579/52
ZILINA, 01001,

Ph: 1905705072

This is a fitter in your country. :)
thank you so so much <3 unfortunately, I probably won’t be able to get there, cause it’s not really close to where I live haha, but I’m glad you helped me.

Can I ask, what would you suggest for me, Choruses or Overtures, since that’s the thing I need most help with :))?

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
thank you so so much <3 unfortunately, I probably won’t be able to get there, cause it’s not really close to where I live haha, but I’m glad you helped me.

Can I ask, what would you suggest for me, Choruses or Overtures, since that’s the thing I need most help with :))?
If you really can't get to a fitter, then my answer to your question would be Chorus are more appropriate to your stats and level. With the caveat that without a proper fitting, you may well be buying something that isn't right for your feet. Good luck.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight

Does the shop even sell anything other than Edeas? At the very least are there any other brands to try on?

emilinkaa

On the Ice
Country
Germany
If you’re near Bratislava, you could pop over to Austria and visit Blade Runners in St Pölten. But he doesn’t sell Edea. You do need to get fitted, as others said. You could also order a fitting box from here and they’ll advise you on what brands and sizes would fit best. https://eisprinzessin.at/ I’ve never gotten skates there and others have had mixed results.

Friday

Rinkside
If you’re near Bratislava, you could pop over to Austria and visit Blade Runners in St Pölten. But he doesn’t sell Edea. You do need to get fitted, as others said. You could also order a fitting box from here and they’ll advise you on what brands and sizes would fit best. https://eisprinzessin.at/ I’ve never gotten skates there and others have had mixed results.
St. Pölten is a good idea.

OP, please don't use that "fitting box", they don't really know a lot about fitting.
On their Instagram I have seen them fitting people who you barely can do a salchow into Edea Pianos.

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
@kaj Also - I would highly recommend NOT buying Edea Chorus or Overture skates right now. In fact, until you get professionally fitted, in some way, shape or form, I would not recommend buying any skates.

If you really can’t get anywhere, a virtual fitting, while not ideal, is probably your best option and will at least be safer than randomly trying on skates.

If you’d like, many of us here can help suggest a virtual fitter, and then you can go from there.