IceNetwork Ending/NBC Sports Gold update | Page 4 | Golden Skate

IceNetwork Ending/NBC Sports Gold update

Dragonheart97

Rinkside
I purchased a subscription for the first time in about 7 or 8 years, and if I thought anything would come of it I'd ask for at least half my money back. Every time I tried to watch anything from the GP Series, I was geoblocked even though I'm in the US. After I adjusted my browser/computer settings, tried three different browsers and still nothing worked I had to contact them by email, they'd take a day or more to reply, make an "adjustment" to my account and it would work... until the next competition. I was even geoblocked for replays. For Worlds, I contacted them on the first day and they got back to me... the day before Synchro Worlds began and told me to check my connection then. I didn't bother. So I'm really hoping that this new service will not be too much more expensive, and much better all around. If they're really smart, they'll offer an option to turn off commentary. 🤐

temadd

Final Flight
I purchased a subscription for the first time in about 7 or 8 years, and if I thought anything would come of it I'd ask for at least half my money back. Every time I tried to watch anything from the GP Series, I was geoblocked even though I'm in the US. After I adjusted my browser/computer settings, tried three different browsers and still nothing worked I had to contact them by email, they'd take a day or more to reply, make an "adjustment" to my account and it would work... until the next competition. I was even geoblocked for replays. For Worlds, I contacted them on the first day and they got back to me... the day before Synchro Worlds began and told me to check my connection then. I didn't bother. So I'm really hoping that this new service will not be too much more expensive, and much better all around. If they're really smart, they'll offer an option to turn off commentary. 🤐

Yes!! Please give us a no commentary option!!!!

badknees

Medalist
Wonder how to contact this new service to request a no commentary option.
That may be a make or break for me. Just realized I've been using IN for years now without commentary.
If I had to listen to Tara??....... nope.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Wonder how to contact this new service to request a no commentary option.
That may be a make or break for me. Just realized I've been using IN for years now without commentary.
If I had to listen to Tara??....... nope.

Yes, please! Any Tara or Johnny is a dealbreaker for me as well. I'd rather mute the entire stream than have to listen to them. :disapp:

temadd

Final Flight
I would pay extra to get a no commentary button. A lot extra! How can we get a message to NBC & USFS regarding this?

RobinA

On the Ice
I got this e-mail as a very former IN subscriber and I'm liking the sound of it. I'm not quite clear on whether stuff has to be watched live though, which doesn't really work for me since I work and can't watch skating at 4 in the morning. Or afternoon, for that matter. No commercials, full coverage, all the events, I can watch it on a TV...I'm there!

beachmouse

On the Ice
While I don't do any of NBC's Gold Packages, there are times when they do put alternate feeds up on their main sports app for Roku/Apple TV that are commentary-free.

And it could be worse; a lot worse. If I want to watch the Giro d'Italia cycling race and a bunch of other world tour events, BeIn holds the rights in the USA and requires a $49 a month streaming package plus a $8/month cycling add on channel to get coverage. (Needless to say, I'm not getting my snowstorms in the Alps fix this year)

Dragonheart97

Rinkside
I got this e-mail as a very former IN subscriber and I'm liking the sound of it. I'm not quite clear on whether stuff has to be watched live though, which doesn't really work for me since I work and can't watch skating at 4 in the morning. Or afternoon, for that matter. No commercials, full coverage, all the events, I can watch it on a TV...I'm there!

I didn't get an email at all and I was subscribed this year. I found out about the NBC thing on Twitter, but that didn't say anything about Icenetwork ending. i was wondering how both would compete because I had no idea about IN. Seems they are pretty inconsistent with a lot of stuff and this might be a change for the better, provided it's not a lot more expensive.

Dragonheart97

Rinkside
I would pay extra to get a no commentary button. A lot extra! How can we get a message to NBC & USFS regarding this?

It would be awesome if no commentary was the default like on IceNetwork, I hope it is. If they're smart they'll realize it's the main thing most of their subscribers had IN for. But I do wonder where we could email too, just to get the point across to them to make sure it happens either by default or off-button option. 🤔

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Just got an email. Looks like everyone will be contacted closer to July 1st to make a new account, and it will be the same price as In. Speed Skating is $20, and there's no combination of figure skating and speed skating. Looks like they aren't doing the usfsa discount which sucks :((

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I just got the same e-mail. Wonder how much the pass will be. This is bad news if you didn't subscribe to IN last year.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Just got an email. Looks like everyone will be contacted closer to July 1st to make a new account, and it will be the same price as In. Speed Skating is $20, and there's no combination of figure skating and speed skating. Looks like they aren't doing the usfsa discount which sucks :((

The $49.99 for the figure skating is the special IceNetwork subscriber discount. Which means this thing is definitely going to be more expensive than IN outright.

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I just got the same e-mail. Wonder how much the pass will be. This is bad news if you didn't subscribe to IN last year.

i would guess it's around $80 if you didn't subscribe to in last year. but don't quote me on that.

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States
The $49.99 for the figure skating is the special IceNetwork subscriber discount. Which means this thing is definitely going to be more expensive than IN outright.

i currently pay $25 for IN (figure and speed skating). I'm a usfs member. So if I were to buy just figure skating, it's a 100% increase, which is ridiculous. I just tweeted them so I'm waiting for a response. if not, I won't buy it, and I'll watch using streams, since i already have nbcsn.

anpanmanz

Spectator
Am I the only one having issues updating the credit card information on icenetwork? The email about the discount price on NBC tells me that I need to have an updated credit card information by the 21st, but no matter how many times I try to save my info, I go to an error page.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Am I the only one having issues updating the credit card information on icenetwork? The email about the discount price on NBC tells me that I need to have an updated credit card information by the 21st, but no matter how many times I try to save my info, I go to an error page.

I have the same problem.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker

:eeking:

Well, this sucks. I was hoping it would be $50 max. I want to support fs coverage, but my goodness. Only thing that would make this worth it is if there is a no commentary option ;)

badknees

Medalist
Same problem with the update. I got the email on May 17 with the 21st deadline to update or the way it's stated you will not get the discount.
And this is over the weekend so, if they don't return my email until Monday, well that is the deadline.

Hopefully they will honor the discount since this is their problem and they gave us just 4 days to get this done.