If Tonya Harding had been coached by Eteri, do you think she would hav | Page 3 | Golden Skate

If Tonya Harding had been coached by Eteri, do you think she would hav

KOBOT37

Match Penalty
That's the first time I've heard of Russians being described as having "Eastern Values".

1.Elisabeth isn't Russian

2. Alina is a Tatar. While I personally consider Tatars to be ethnic Russians, eastern influence on them is definitely greater than on Russians with Slavic roots.

Eteri herself said that working with people with Asian mentality is much easier for her.

p.s Russians don't have eastern or western values, they have Russian values but that isn't FS related discussion :biggrin:

Scott512

Record Breaker
1.Elisabeth isn't Russian

2. Alina is a Tatar. While I personally consider Tatars to be ethnic Russians, eastern influence on them is definitely greater than on Russians with Slavic roots.

Eteri herself said that working with people with Asian mentality is much easier for her.

p.s Russians don't have eastern or western values, they have Russian values but that isn't FS related discussion :biggrin:

Was that Elizabeth born in Moscow and only change citizenship because she could skate for another country and get into big events which would not have happened in Russia?

Alina is Russian with tartar descent just like I am American with Czech Republic descent.

As for Tonya it could have worked with Eteri or they could have had a very volatile relationship and you don't want a volatile relationship with Tonya Harding. ;)

KOBOT37

Match Penalty
Was that Elizabeth born in Moscow and only change citizenship because she could skate for another country and get into big events which would not have happened in Russia?

Alina is Russian with tartar descent just like I am American with Czech Republic descent.

As for Tonya it could have worked with Eteri or they could have had a very volatile relationship and you don't want a volatile relationship with Tonya Harding. ;)

She was born in Moscow but her parents are from Central Asia (If I remember correctly she is half Kazakh half Kyrgyz).

I agree about Zagitova, but Russians with Turkic/Mongolic descent tend to be more influenced with Asian mentality.

P.S Eteri is Officer's daughter so... :biggrin:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Those "little jumping beans" would not be able to do those jumps if they were fragile.

Tara L was a jumping bean who struggled with back pain for years until having hip surgery at 18.