Ilia Malinin | Page 30 | Golden Skate

Ilia Malinin

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan

Ilia Malinin was interviewed by Marin Honda, the 2016 World Junior champion, who is currently working as a sportscaster for Fuji TV after graduating from college. Ilia Malinin skipped jumps during the practice session.

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So looking at the schedule, I might be busy with lab procedures when Ilia skates...or maybe not lol. Guess I'll have to see once the starting order is revealed.

Also, I want to say how happy I am on how many views this fan fest thread has since I created it two and a half years ago. Always had a feeling since the 2019 JGP USA that he would be one to watch out for. And even I was blown away on how much he's at the top of the field in a short period of time. Fairfax County proud! Go get that gold (Hopefully. I'll be happy with a podium finish).

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Short interview with Marin Honda.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good job Ilia for deciding to do a solo 4T and not a solo 4A for the SP. 105.97 and 3rd in the SP. Less than 2 points away from 1st. If he holds it together, he can certainly win it. But he has to be clean. Yuma and Shoma have brought their A-games.

reader3

Chicago Lady
Final Flight
Country
United-States
A good but not great skate from Ilia. Maybe he should have done the 4A. After the skate, he told Andrea J. that he hadn't been well.

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A good but not great skate from Ilia. Maybe he should have done the 4A. After the skate he told Andrea he had injuries and boot problems.
Oh dear oh dear....This is one of the reasons I'm weary of him doing so many in-season shows...

Please skate clean Saturday.

Kris135

On the Ice

Yes he is taller than at GPF. That's his main problem not injuries unless he is hurting because of the growth plates haven't closed yet and let's be honest he putting a lot of stress on them so that could be cause of the pain. Boot sizes change with growth and having to break in new skates every few weeks can not be helping with trying to be ready for worlds. I think that he doing great considering all of the issues he is dealing with right now. Good luck on Saturday.

He last of the final group so he is going know what everyone has done so if they falter at all he will know and then gage how much of the technical content he need to do to win. If he goes full out and lands he capable of he will win and not going be close.