Jason Brown | Page 739 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

MarkinBerkeley

On the Ice
Yeah definitely gonna argue some of those UR calls were bogus (and the flip edge but that’s a given- he easily lost two points on that). I think under a different panel it would have been over 170 easily.

I thought the quad attempt actually was pretty good.

I agree. This program has the potential to get over 180 points, and he can get 96 - 98 with a perfect short program. Could be enough to get bronze at Worlds.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Don't know if anyone else picked up on this, but in a recent interview with Nick McCarvel, Gracie Gold cites her support system and Jason is prominently included. We all knew that they were friends in the past, but apparently they are still very good friends.

"Support is everything," Gold said about those close to her, including mom Denise, twin sister Carly and longtime Chicago-area friend Jason Brown. "I had people in my life when things got really dark, but I felt like I didn't. I felt like we weren't close enough that I would tell them what was going on. In this 'take two' of my skating career, I'm really trying to reach out and connect and work with that support system both inside and outside of the skating world. That's really, really important to me."

Ross74

Medalist
Don't know if anyone else picked up on this, but in a recent interview with Nick McCarvel, Gracie Gold cites her support system and Jason is prominently included. We all knew that they were friends in the past, but apparently they are still very good friends.

"Support is everything," Gold said about those close to her, including mom Denise, twin sister Carly and longtime Chicago-area friend Jason Brown. "I had people in my life when things got really dark, but I felt like I didn't. I felt like we weren't close enough that I would tell them what was going on. In this 'take two' of my skating career, I'm really trying to reach out and connect and work with that support system both inside and outside of the skating world. That's really, really important to me."

I had noticed this, and it made me smile. :)

Thanks for the pics, Bonita!

I assume we won't hear any more from Jason until he's at the ranch. ;) I hope he's training well and is happy. I wonder if he might be at Tracy's again on the 25th.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I had noticed this, and it made me smile. :)

Thanks for the pics, Bonita!

I assume we won't hear any more from Jason until he's at the ranch. ;) I hope he's training well and is happy. I wonder if he might be at Tracy's again on the 25th.

I wonder if Tracy will fly to Russia for Zhenya's Nationals skate? If they are both in Toronto on Christmas Day, he'll probably be invited again. He brightens any celebration.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Merry Christmas, dear Jasonites! Have a fabulous day!

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Jackie Wong posted his favorite skates of the decade on Twitter. This was one of them. "Jason Brown - 2016 Skate America FS
With one of the best step sequences we’ve ever seen (and a 4T that shouldn’t have been called under)
@jasonbskates" Totally agree that the 4T was fully rotated and landed. Bad call! Also agree that it was a great skate! I was lucky to see it live.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And Jason liked Jackie’s tweet:)

Jasonites everywhere remember that skate; we were all the rink attendant:biggrin:

babyskate

On the Ice
I was there for that 2016 Skate America and sitting next to a lovely Japanese woman who was there for Shoma.
Surprisingly she was not familiar with Jason when I told her I was a huge fan. After that free skate, I turned to her and she was crying like me.
Thank you to Jackie for recognizing the greatness of that performance.
Happy New Year to all my fellow Jason fans.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
It was a magical competition and it was a magical skate. The only thing wrong was the call by the judges on the 4T. They were wrong. And everyone knows it. Now I think Jason and Zhenya will be working on their quads together. On to Nationals!

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
It's a cbc link in Jackie's tweet and the commentary on the step sequence was amazing. They were all gushing over Jason's edges and "there are some things that only a skater can appreciate how difficult they are" and just :love: :love: :love:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
It's a cbc link in Jackie's tweet and the commentary on the step sequence was amazing. They were all gushing over Jason's edges and "there are some things that only a skater can appreciate how difficult they are" and just :love: :love: :love:

Was that Tracy making the comments?

Ross74

Medalist
Sweet of Jason to do an end of year promotion for RMHC :)

Ekaterina Kurakova has a cute pic of her and Jason up in her IG Story from 2 hours ago. My first thought was that it's an old picture and that he must still be in AZ, but who knows. :confused2:

Wishing Jason and all his fans a very Happy New Year!

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
And a Happy New Year to one and all! Hoping 2020 brings Jason a quad or two, and much happiness and love.