Jason Brown | Page 777 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I liked the tone of his voice when he spoke about Jason doing whatever you asked him to do, and the trajectory of Jason's season. He is 100% fully on board the Jason train and I absolutely love it.

I also liked the part where he spoke about not racing straight back into jumps. I think this is very important and a lot of skaters don't realise how important. They just get so impatient they race straight back into jumps. My coach and I did this after my last back injury - a very slow, very gradual increase in my skating hours and what we were working on until she felt confident I was ready to jump again. Now, I'm older and battered and fat so my return trajectory was probably slower than an elite athlete (3 months), but the theory is solid and I believe it works.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Brian is so cute with the folded hands: Jason will do whatever you ask him to do.

We already knew that, Brian:biggrin:

He was being so circumspect about not talking much about the skaters on the team, but he really wanted to talk about Jason. Jason is a big success for him and Tracy and their training methods. He was definitely proud papa!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
FYI (from Audrey Weisiger's instagram)

April 14th 3:30 PM EST Zoom Class with Jason Brown

3:30-4:00 ankle strength / mobility exercises with Jason
4:00-4:45 Q&A with Jason & mom Marla

Registration information is in the instagram post:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-xQrczp8ef/

Oooh, can I squish this? I think I can squish this. It would mean getting up even earlier on Wednesday because this is the half an hour before Max's jump class, and I would miss out on the Q&A. But still, ankle strength is something I very much need. Definitely squishing this in.

EDIT: Now I'm sitting here chuckling to myself because these two classes complement each other perfectly (since ankle strength is the foundation of good jumps) and are being held consecutively, and the best part is that given it's two different facilitating clubs/programs I am 100% sure this was not intentional.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Oooh, can I squish this? I think I can squish this. It would mean getting up even earlier on Wednesday because this is the half an hour before Max's jump class, and I would miss out on the Q&A. But still, ankle strength is something I very much need. Definitely squishing this in.

EDIT: Now I'm sitting here chuckling to myself because these two classes complement each other perfectly (since ankle strength is the foundation of good jumps) and are being held consecutively, and the best part is that given it's two different facilitating clubs/programs I am 100% sure this was not intentional.

Looking forward to hearing about both of these amazing classes. Would love to listen in, but would be dead weight, so will await the reviews!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
For anyone who did not see the background conversation on Twitter, just want to give credit also to Ashley Wagner :yay:, whose lead Jackie Wong was following when he created the graphic for House #7.

With good-natured irreverence, Ashley started inviting friends such as Jason, Gracie, Mariah, and Jackie to an additional house after USFS did not list them among its six houses of Team USA skaters.

(In fairness to USFS: It had an embarrassment of riches of former and current skaters for potential inclusion -- too many for the format of six houses with five skaters each. For better or worse, seems that USFS went with its Olympic champions; 2018 Olympic team [except Karen Chen :eek:hwell:]; 2019 and 2020 U.S. champion Alysa Liu; plus Michelle Kwan.)

Happy Passover to Jason and his family.

And Happy Birthday to Jackie. :hb:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
OK, since it hasn't been posted yet, this "Brady Bunch House" created by Jackie Wong, including Jason, is just too cute:

https://twitter.com/rockerskating/status/1248340264390885377

Are these social media "house" challenges I see all over are related to some reality show of which I know nothing? Or just made-up fun to pass the time?:)

Actually it was created by Ashley, but she invited Jackie to be in the house. The first person she reached out to was Jason. How could they have made a house without him?

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
For anyone who did not see the background conversation on Twitter, just want to give credit also to Ashley Wagner :yay:, whose lead Jackie Wong was following when he created the graphic for House #7.

With good-natured irreverence, Ashley started inviting friends such as Jason, Gracie, Mariah, and Jackie to an additional house after USFS did not list them among its six houses of Team USA skaters.

(In fairness to USFS: It had an embarrassment of riches of former and current skaters for potential inclusion -- too many for the format of six houses with five skaters each. For better or worse, seems that USFS went with its Olympic champions; 2018 Olympic team [except Karen Chen :eek:hwell:]; 2019 and 2020 U.S. champion Alysa Liu; plus Michelle Kwan.)

Happy Passover to Jason and his family.

And Happy Birthday to Jackie. :hb:

Saw this later. It was Ashley's idea. I love how Meryl and Charlie are in a USFS house and Ben and Tanith are in Ashley's house. USFS broke up Charlie and Tanith. Jackie has started a quarantine cooking Instagram btw. He had to do something and he's cooking! It looks great, of course. I would only quarantine in a house with Jason. Let the fun begin! I didn't know that Jackie created the Graphic. It's great!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Actually it was created by Ashley, but she invited Jackie to be in the house. The first person she reached out to was Jason. How could they have made a house without him?

yes, I saw her sassy response and her first invite to Jason.:laugh: But it was Jackie's photoshop skills that sealed the deal for me.

And House #7 is the place to be;)

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I would only want to be in that house! Happy Easter to all, wherever you are! Group chats online are the order of the day for me.

noskates

Record Breaker
Good evening and a very Happy Easter for those that celebrate. Last night we sat outside around a firepit and this morning woke up to 8 inches of snow. Minnesota has the weirdest weather. I've been losing myself in YouTube land and watching old videos. Actually watched Josh Ferris' Schindlers List and compared it with Jason's.

Took me awhile to figure out what 'house' you all were talking about. I hope they have lots of room because I want to live there too.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Easter Eve firepit must be replacing the Easter Vigil; our neighbors had one last night as well. :biggrin: Of course, "sort of" Northeast Pennsylvania woke up to 55 degrees and eventually 60. I think the torrential rains forecast for tomorrow must be our version of eight inches of snow.

And to veer off into what little skating we have, I wonder exactly what the Blades for the Brave will be doing?

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
The Easter Eve firepit must be replacing the Easter Vigil; our neighbors had one last night as well. :biggrin: Of course, "sort of" Northeast Pennsylvania woke up to 55 degrees and eventually 60. I think the torrential rains forecast for tomorrow must be our version of eight inches of snow.

And to veer off into what little skating we have, I wonder exactly what the Blades for the Brave will be doing?

Maybe a big zoom thing that gets broadcast? It will be fun whatever it is! Diversions are welcome right now.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Jason cut his hair, I think. Still curly, not as big.

Further review to come after I de-wobble my legs a bit (aka hot shower hot shower hot shower hot shower)

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason cut his hair, I think. Still curly, not as big.

Further review to come after I de-wobble my legs a bit (aka hot shower hot shower hot shower hot shower)

Looking forward to the report.

Since every hairdresser in America is closed I think, and certainly in Illinois, maybe Jason has yet another talent?;)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oops. I kinda flooped out for a bit there haha.

The class itself was great. Really worked ankles and the whole lower body, while still being fun Jason. He's definitely filled out over the last couple of years. Though there might have been some swearing involved when he tried to get us to do pulse squats while in releve. That huuuuuurt.

The only thing to say is, I think ultimately, Max's class was set up better. His class maxed out (haha) at 28, though there were more who wanted to join, so he could watch all of us and give individual correction. There were 110 people logged in for Jason's class. He obviously wasn't giving corrections because how could he see 110 people at once? And obviously, at the end, there wasn't enough time for questions from 110 people.

But! Of course, it was Jason, so it was still fun and delightful. It was like the sun came up early in my living room. He's sparkly and bouncy and still really upbeat despite the whole situation, and he had lots of great, thoughtful replies to questions about artistry, about nerves, about everything. His parents' answers were also interesting - lots of good talk about Jason having to stay in school, a rule about not moving for skating before he graduated, the way they balanced out three kids' hobbies/interests/sports without basically making one kid more important than the others.

The Josh flexibility story got another run :laugh: probably inspired by the very start of the class where he said "Okay! Let's all do downward dog!" and promptly bent himself in half like a freaking card. :laugh:.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Very disappointed in the postponement of the Sailor Moon show, I was dying to see Jason in that costume....