• Alison SCHUMACHER (CAN)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Silvia HUGEC (SVK)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I know Shcherbakova has tons of fans, but I'm excited to see Tarusina's debut at last! She really impressed me in past competitions and I hope she does great!

I hope Pooja Kaylan does great in her debut as well!

Early predictions say Shcherbakova and Tarusina look good for the podium along with Yokoi, but I can Young You or Pooja sneaking in there.
Yes, if all goes smooth for the Russians it should be Scherbakova and Tarusina 1-2 with Young and Yokoi battling for the bronze. Exciting line-up with these four skaters all podium-level!

zounger

Medalist
I know Shcherbakova has tons of fans, but I'm excited to see Tarusina's debut at last! She really impressed me in past competitions and I hope she does great!

I hope Pooja Kaylan does great in her debut as well!

Early predictions say Shcherbakova and Tarusina look good for the podium along with Yokoi, but I can Young You or Pooja sneaking in there.

I don't know if Shcherbakova has tons of fans, but just because her fans are more talkative in this forum doesn't mean much. Anyway I wish all the girls the best both of them come from very serious injuries and this season will be a cornerstone for their careers.

I think after test skates the assignments for Anna will change. I would expect Tarusina though, to be assigned in first JGP.

The Finn

Record Breaker
I think after test skates the assignments for Anna will change. I would expect Tarusina though, to be assigned in first JGP.

Well, that might happen but one should take note that lately Russia has assigned their best "new lady" to the first JGP event. Last season it was Sasha, the season before that it was Alina and the season before that it was Polina. So, this season it could very well be Anna S.

zounger

Medalist
Well, that might happen but one should take note that lately Russia has assigned their best "new lady" to the first JGP event. Last season it was Sasha, the season before that it was Alina and the season before that it was Polina. So, this season it could very well be Anna S.

You may be right. My assumption is that they send the best from test skates. But if it is the best "new girl" then yes.:thumbsup:

LadyB

Record Breaker
Why I love the junior men so much more than the ladies, the performers are still in the hunt, not just jump da jump jump :agree:

Different strokes for different folks:biggrin:

And you say it so well, el henry! :agree:

Country
Russia
2017 - Trusova (JGPF and JrWorld Champion)
2016 - Zagitova (JGPF and JrWorld Champion at that season, Olympic Champion)
2015 - Tsurskaya (JGPF Champion)
2014 - Medvedeva (JGPF and JrWorld Champion at that season, Olympic Silver Medalist and two times World Champion)
2013 - Medvedeva
2012 - Radionova (JGPF and JrWorld Champion, first and only two-times JrWorld Champion)
2011 - Shelepen (JGPF silver medalist below only Lipnitskaia that season)
2010 - Shelepen
2009 - Shelepen
They all won 1st JGP Event and all except Shelepen were very successful.

1st JGP Event is good for Russian girls.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
They all won 1st JGP Event and all except Shelepen were very successful.

1st JGP Event is good for Russian girls.

I wouldn't say Tsurskaya has been a very succesful senior so far but yeah RUS usually sends what they think is their biggest gun at first event.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Welcome back, Layback11! :cheer:

(wait, if you're older than me, why are you taking an SAT?)

I’m not :biggrin:
(Did I say I was?)
But yeah! I‘m really excited for this! Nice to see Anna Tarusina back; last I heard of her (which was ages ago) was at the JGP she had to pull out of after a bus accident. So good to see her on the roster! *cheer*

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
I’m not :biggrin:
(Did I say I was?)
But yeah! I‘m really excited for tjis! *cheer*

I thought you were! You thought I was 13 a few years ago, and I just assumed everyone on GS was older than me, so I kept using you as an older mentor/soundboard-y person... :slink:

(good luck! :cheer:)

This thread, home of the young ones :biggrin:

:rofl:Thanks, this gave an old bird like me a giggle. I’d hazard a guess my age well exceeds the sum of the ages of the last 3 posters.

While I’m not familiar with the majority of the young ladies listed to compete, from a couple of other threads I’ve skimmed, I am eager to see this event and what the exciting new juniors can present.

Hopefully, old folks can play too... ;)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Lol at myself for having graduated from high school just as you all were in your mom’s tummies.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I suddenly feel old. Thank heavens at least I look young :biggrin: Anyway, as always super excited for all the Ladies in JGP! :cheer:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Main battle for me: Anna Tarusina vs. Young You. Anna Shcherbakova is in another league for me if clean, she has not only 4Lz but also 3Lz-3Lo in her free skate. We still haven't seen a clean 3A from Young You, but you never know. And Anna Tarusina has great presentation and two difficult combos -- 3Lz-1Lo-3F and 3Lo-3T.

hanca

Record Breaker
Main battle for me: Anna Tarusina vs. Young You. Anna Shcherbakova is in another league for me if clean, she has not only 4Lz but also 3Lz-3Lo in her free skate. We still haven't seen a clean 3A from Young You, but you never know. And Anna Tarusina has great presentation and two difficult combos -- 3Lz-1Lo-3F and 3Lo-3T.
Scherbakova may be in another league, but she has been also very inconsistent. So her biggest competitor will be herself. She may win it, or she may make such a mess of it that she will just give the gold away.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
True. I'm just praying for the first one because she's too talented for only one JGP spot...

PiggytailProdigy

On the Ice
How is Shcherbakova very inconsistent? She came back from injury...
If you look at her performances pre-injury, she is anything but inconsistent...

Shayuki

Record Breaker
How is Shcherbakova very inconsistent? She came back from injury...
If you look at her performances pre-injury, she is anything but inconsistent...
She also had almost exclusively clean SPs. This "very inconsistent"-parroting after her struggling during a season she returned halfway through is pretty annoying. You could say the same exact thing for just about everyone immediately upon returning from injury.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
And Trusova fell on her quad most of last season, did that make her inconsistent? :laugh: