Kaitlin Hawayek & Jean-Luc Baker | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Kaitlin Hawayek & Jean-Luc Baker

tulosai

Record Breaker
Catching up ... I love that Kaitlin mentioned Bindi Irwin in one of her tweets. I never saw anyone express joy and positivity more genuinely.

They both seem like quite kind, positive people. I'd still like their skating even if they didn't, but it certainly is a nice bonus.

tvuckic16

Final Flight
I agree...it's almost impossible to love a skater or a sportsman/woman if you know they are a jerk. You can appreciate their talent but not love them. These two I love. I like how they skate and they seem really nice.

tvuckic16

Final Flight
Me too!! Best of luck to them!

Me three!! However, I won't be disappointed if they don't. Their time will come, in the meantime I think they have two good programs this year that they could do a lot with to advance their standing in seniors, especially that FD.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Me three!! However, I won't be disappointed if they don't. Their time will come, in the meantime I think they have two good programs this year that they could do a lot with to advance their standing in seniors, especially that FD.

:thumbsup:

Alba

Record Breaker
I wasn't convinced at first with their choice for the FD. It sounded a bit too similar with the one they had last season but I actually like their FD very much. They had a very good performance and interpretation tonight. Good job.

caitie

Medalist
The FD tech panel at Skate America seems like it was pretty generous across the board, but I think it's still worth noting that Kaitlin and Jean-Luc got some of the best levels I've seen them get in their step sequences -- two level 3s. Their curve lift also got a level 3, but the rest of their elements were all level 4, including their spin which was marked as a 1 or a 2 IIRC at Finlandia. Anyway, yay for a much better performance. :)

tvuckic16

Final Flight
The FD tech panel at Skate America seems like it was pretty generous across the board, but I think it's still worth noting that Kaitlin and Jean-Luc got some of the best levels I've seen them get in their step sequences -- two level 3s. Their curve lift also got a level 3, but the rest of their elements were all level 4, including their spin which was marked as a 1 or a 2 IIRC at Finlandia. Anyway, yay for a much better performance. :)

I love them!!! Great job HB! Scores were pretty generous, but at least they were lenient to all. HB seem to be technically excellent which I am very happy about. They have the quality and in time will have the maturity, progressing nicely HB!!!! Great job!

Marta25

Medalist
Awesome job! :cheer:

Their TES was only 1 point lower than C/B`s. Really impressive! I want them to qualify for Worlds in Boston and I think they really needed this performance to get back into the mix.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
I only had the chance to watch their FD now, and I've got to say this is miles better than what we saw at Finlandia. Even though they missed the podium, I think it was a great performance :cheer2:

Spiral

Final Flight
I've only seen the SD yet, which I loved. It was fast, light-footed, delightful. She looks so beautiful with that hair-style, make-up and dress :love:! Pity they didn't make the podium, but glad they've much improved since Finlandia. :clap:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I've only seen the SD yet, which I loved. It was fast, light-footed, delightful. She looks so beautiful with that hair-style, make-up and dress :love:! Pity they didn't make the podium, but glad they've much improved since Finlandia. :clap:

Yes I am thrilled and relieved at their improvement!

Alba

Record Breaker
Awesome job! :cheer:

Their TES was only 1 point lower than C/B`s. Really impressive! I want them to qualify for Worlds in Boston and I think they really needed this performance to get back into the mix.

CB though had level 2 for one of the step sequences, something which will not happen that often. Not their best performance. HB usually do have problems with levels so the technical part it's not their forte but this is a very good program and it was a very good performance overall from them.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I think this was the exact kind of performance they needed to get their confidence back. I'm sure they've been working extremely hard since Finlandia. Can't wait to see what they can do in another few weeks in China :dance:

tvuckic16

Final Flight
I think this was the exact kind of performance they needed to get their confidence back. I'm sure they've been working extremely hard since Finlandia. Can't wait to see what they can do in another few weeks in China :dance:

I agree.... I hope their performances at CoC are even better. However, I am not sure it will get them onto the podium. CoC is packed, CB, IZ and CL will be there.... anyway I prefer HB to any of them, but one must be realistic.

tvuckic16

Final Flight
Congrats on a great fd! the british eurosport guys had high praises for Jean-Luc- a combination of Charlie and Scott.
https://twitter.com/icedancedreams/status/658337278880780289/photo/1

Jean-Luc is great of course, but it does take a team and I think Kaitlin is an important part of the team. She seems like a good technical skater. They are the only team at SA to get a level 4 on the RW pattern, which as far as I understand is more demanding on the female partner. I don't want to take anything away from Jean-Luc's greatness but I want to give Kaitlin credit where it's due.