Kristina Astakhova & Alexei Rogonov | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Kristina Astakhova & Alexei Rogonov

tulosai

Record Breaker
I agree. That's why I think they don't have the luxury to make too many mistakes. Anyway, they are a new couple and they have done an amazing job so far. They have two great programs. They will improve. I'm confident.

Me too :thumbsup: I still believe they are one of the most promising teams out there right now!

Spiral

Final Flight
Alexei has also commented earlier on his VK page: "And now the competition in America is over for us. To say that we're pleased, is to say nothing. We've never yet received such low scores. New Personal Bad. In any case, one should skate cleanly. And then the judges will judge as they wish..." (http://vk.com/rogonov_alex). It's clear that they're - naturally - very upset, but they know that they should do everything that depends on them - skate cleanly - and that that's all they can do. Actually, I think that if they prove that they can be consistent, the PCs will come. I've greatly enjoyed both their skates at SA, even LP, despite the mistakes: both of them acted their roles wonderfully, and most elements did look very good. I'm glad for them that they have a coach who can create such interesting programs for them, and for Dmitriev that he has a team of two very expressive skaters who can carry out his choreographic ideas. It's a match made in heaven. I'm sure that their success is just a matter of time.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Alexei has also commented earlier on his VK page: "And now the competition in America is over for us. To say that we're pleased, is to say nothing. We've never yet received such low scores. New Personal Bad. In any case, one should skate cleanly. And then the judges will judge as they wish..." (http://vk.com/rogonov_alex). It's clear that they're - naturally - very upset, but they know that they should do everything that depends on them - skate cleanly - and that that's all they can do. Actually, I think that if they prove that they can be consistent, the PCs will come. I've greatly enjoyed both their skates at SA, even LP, despite the mistakes: both of them acted their roles wonderfully, and most elements did look very good. I'm glad for them that they have a coach who can create such interesting programs for them, and for Dmitriev that he has a team of two very expressive skaters who can carry out his choreographic ideas. It's a match made in heaven. I'm sure that their success is just a matter of time.

Yes I agree with all of this! Their skates are wonderful and they really just need to work on going clean as much as they can :thumbsup:

LRK

Record Breaker
Yeah, looking at their scores & placements, one would imagine that these were two awful skates - but they were nothing of the sort. I hope they can skate consistently, and force the judges to up their PCS.

Spiral

Final Flight
Wishing Kristina and Alexei the very best of luck at COC! May their execution of all the elements match their amazing artistic expression, so that the judges will have absolutely no excuse to underscore them on PCS, even in that amazing field that we'll see in pair skating at COC. Isn't it amazing to think that after just a year together they're as exciting to watch as the best in their discipline?

tulosai

Record Breaker
Yes best of luck to them for better scores and kinder judges than at Skate America! I also hope they'll be able to go clean :) They are always a true pleasure to watch.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Best of luck! There are always growing pains for a new team, so I just hope they will skate their best and learn from every experience. :yes: Love their quirky programs.

LRK

Record Breaker
Oh, I hadn't realised they'd be there! (I've totally lost track of who will, so no wonder.) That's wonderful to have that to look forward to! Yes, I hope they skate really well - and the judges appreciate it! Go, A/R!:)

Reynnou

On the Ice
His fall though :gclap: He couldn't make it work any better :rofl2:

Let's hope for a better program tomorrow !

tulosai

Record Breaker
The funny thing is that this mess still scored better than they did at SkAm when relatively clean :rofl: