Kristina Astakhova & Alexei Rogonov | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Kristina Astakhova & Alexei Rogonov

LRK

Record Breaker
Very solid LP in Zagreb: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPRbPO_nPlc&feature=youtu.be

They ended in second place :)

Thanks! How I adore this program - every time I watch it, I just love it more; and I've rewatched it countless times - in fact, it's one of the programs this season I've rewatched the most.:) And... I know this is not what one is supposed to wish for, but... I cannot but hope that they'll keep it for next season. I've just not had my fill of it yet.:)

tulosai

Record Breaker
Thanks! How I adore this program - every time I watch it, I just love it more; and I've rewatched it countless times - in fact, it's one of the programs this season I've rewatched the most.:) And... I know this is not what one is supposed to wish for, but... I cannot but hope that they'll keep it for next season. I've just not had my fill of it yet.:)

It is definitely my favorite pairs program this year! :love: I actually think the choreography is inspired- and it is so fun to watch! I also wouldn't mind at all if they keep it!

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Their free program this season is well choreographed indeed! :love: After their vampire themed free program last season, I thought they won't ever show up with a superior choreography, they proved that I'm wrong! This one is even better.

They are getting better as a team, Kristina's posture and skating has also improved. I think A/R can upset any couple who makes mistakes at Russian Nationals.

adelia

Record Breaker
Of all the elements, their 3Tw needs the most work if they want to challenge the top few teams. But I'm sure Dmitriev knows that.

LRK

Record Breaker
Yeah, I recall an interview with him where he basically said that he didn't expect them to be competetive with the top teams this season? Or am I misremembering?:scratch: ("If I only had a brain... ") Anyway, I think I remember him saying that - at any rate, he seemed to expect them to work their way up the ranking slowly.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Yeah, I recall an interview with him where he basically said that he didn't expect them to be competetive with the top teams this season? Or am I misremembering?:scratch: ("If I only had a brain... ") Anyway, I think I remember him saying that - at any rate, he seemed to expect them to work their way up the ranking slowly.

No, you aren't wrong. It's in post #56 here: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?54444-Kristina-Astakhova-amp-Alexei-Rogonov/page4

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist

Nice skate! My love for A/R just grows bigger everytime I watch them.

Anybody knows the name of this song? I remember hearing it from other Russian pairs galas, too (maybe Davankova/Enbert?). I wonder what is the song about.

Edit: Forget it, my stupid memory, the songs are not even similar:laugh: But this song is really romantic, too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKSHV_6nJ_E

Edit 2: Oh, it is Zabijako/Enbert using that song for their SP!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paMVuh84_8Q

Last edited:

adelia

Record Breaker
They finished 4th at Nationals! Congrats to them! Their FS could have been cleaner but realistically, this was the best possible placement for them, all things considered.

adelia

Record Breaker
From a series of VK entries by a photographer who attended the gala practice:

"From the Russian Championships - morning workout before exhibition performances. On the one hand all of the most-assembled, no one watered down, the other - the most- most are not prepared to roll the "score" for the sake and for the sake of beauty and love :) Of course, it is logical to assume that the very interesting demonstration exercise them: suits there, the festive atmosphere ... But, you know, very unusual and cool when your favorite athletes swim in the ice here in this half-light, in the absence of people to create some intimacy. And then, as the glare of light - training, sometimes at random - fall on their faces and figures, and that someone in the side rolls completely in the dark, and this is a touching lack of bright makeup, strict hairstyle, even the costumes - as clear as day, that is the beauty that we see on the ice, created not work tailors stylists makeup artists, they're just really fantastically beautiful by themselves, and their movements ... I easily delete photos from the competition - packs simple: here - past the focus, there - a person "wrong" looks somewhere else skater turned and more .... I will keep where someone back is turned. But this rather big series - is absolutely impossible to remove anything, captured some its own special life, its special relationship - between the partners and is usually rivals, with ourselves ... And when skaters around except the very few people - even of the coaches it was almost empty - a subtle magical feeling that now dancing for you personally ...
I cannot upload the pictures series - they are different ...
(photo from 12.27.2015 training the first group of exhibition pairs - 3-4-5 places)"
http://cs628326.vk.me/v628326871/48525/ZkGhZdghDfk.jpg

Google translated but I hope you get the gist of it.