Ksenia Stolbova & Fedor Klimov | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ksenia Stolbova & Fedor Klimov

turgon97

On the Ice
I love Ksenia- good or bad, she's a polarizing character that brings a lot of talk (which I find good for the sport). Her fire is admirable albeit frightening at times if one puts himself in the shoes of a partner or colleague. I do feel secure when Im watching this team because she seems to will things to happen. And Fedor is such teddy bear; it's hard not to like him.

They're a great combo. The on and off-ice rapport seem solid as well.

Alba

Record Breaker
I love Ksenia- good or bad, she's a polarizing character that brings a lot of talk (which I find good for the sport). Her fire is admirable albeit frightening at times if one puts himself in the shoes of a partner or colleague. I do feel secure when Im watching this team because she seems to will things to happen. And Fedor is such teddy bear; it's hard not to like him.

They're a great combo. The on and off-ice rapport seem solid as well.

That's my impression too. :yes:

She was wrong reacting like she did. No doubt about that. I can only imagine how bad and guilty Fedor must've been felt in that moment. :scowl: But they are a strong couple, I'm sure they will get over this and hopefully she will learn, because mistakes will happen again.

turgon97

On the Ice
That's my impression too. :yes:

She was wrong reacting like she did. No doubt about that. I can only imagine how bad and guilty Fedor must've been felt in that moment. :scowl: But they are a strong couple, I'm sure they will get over this and hopefully she will learn, because mistakes will happen again.

True. But I can understand her reaction. It's more permissible to beat herself up for the mistakes of the team and not be able to act all smiley like a pageant queen; it shows that she's human and humans have a wide range of personalities. It's not like she blamed the judges or anything for her placements- I find it really annoying when athletes do that.

Let's just hope that their stumbles the past 2 tournaments on both throw jumps- she made the same step out on the throw flip at nationals as well- are flukes and not something that's starting to get into her head.

Alba

Record Breaker
True. But I can understand her reaction. It's more permissible to beat herself up for the mistakes of the team and not be able to act all smiley like a pageant queen; it shows that she's human and humans have a wide range of personalities.

Absolutely. :agree:

It's not like she blamed the judges or anything for her placements- I find it really annoying when athletes do that.

I hate that with all my heart too.

Let's just hope that their stumbles the past 2 tournaments on both throw jumps- she made the same step out on the throw flip at nationals as well- are flukes and not something that's starting to get into her head.

I really hope not. Although they might feel a little bit frustrated.

Last edited:

kinoriH

Final Flight
And Kaitlyn Weaver saying that's her exhibition outfit, is priceless. :laugh2:

haha yes, I noticed she and Kaitlyn are good friends.. :) that's so cool cause you couldn't find two more different people to find a common language. lol

btw. does anybody know how good Ksenia's English is? She sometimes writes in English on IG but in this interview from Euro 2015 she doesn't say much. (07:59) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRAuvODHljY

Alba

Record Breaker
haha yes, I noticed she and Kaitlyn are good friends.. :) that's so cool cause you couldn't find two more different people to find a common language. lol

That's so true. ;)

btw. does anybody know how good Ksenia's English is? She sometimes writes in English on IG but in this interview from Euro 2015 she doesn't say much. (07:59) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRAuvODHljY

She spoke with me just fine in English. Of course we didn't talk that much, but she is friend with Poje and Weaver, so she must be good enough.

anyanka

Record Breaker
She spoke with me just fine in English. Of course we didn't talk that much, but she is friend with Poje and Weaver, so she must be good enough.

I noticed that too, they took a duckface selfie together. Alba, I think you posted that pic? It was adorable! :)

Plus they are also working with Robin Szolkowy in Moscow, who I don't think speaks Russian (he's likely learning / practicing?). Interpreters get expensive after a while so she likely practices the language daily while working with him if he's teaching them. On a similar note, with him on the team I'm sure that all of their training mates (e.g. Tarasova / Morozov) are likely learning English very quickly and would be able to conduct media interviews much more comfortably, at least on technical and competition-related matters. I think on a CBC broadcast of TEB, Kurt Browning said that Fedor mentioned that he and Ksenia understood the lyrics for the English version of their free skate, but not the French or Spanish versions of the same music.

Alba

Record Breaker
I noticed that too, they took a duckface selfie together. Alba, I think you posted that pic? It was adorable! :)

Plus they are also working with Robin Szolkowy in Moscow, who I don't think speaks Russian (he's likely learning / practicing?). Interpreters get expensive after a while so she likely practices the language daily while working with him if he's teaching them. On a similar note, with him on the team I'm sure that all of their training mates (e.g. Tarasova / Morozov) are likely learning English very quickly and would be able to conduct media interviews much more comfortably, at least on technical and competition-related matters. I think on a CBC broadcast of TEB, Kurt Browning said that Fedor mentioned that he and Ksenia understood the lyrics for the English version of their free skate, but not the French or Spanish versions of the same music.

Yes, that was such a funny picture. :biggrin:

Robin doesn't work with them. He works with T&M and Davankova&Enbert and I think they are very lucky to have him. I hope he will continue to work with them. He was such a lovely skater but must be difficult for him being alone in Russia, so we'll see.
Ksenia and Fedor work with the man who always appear with them in K&C, Vladislav Zhovnirski, and Mozer of course.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Yes, that was such a funny picture. :biggrin:

Robin doesn't work with them. He works with T&M and Davankova&Enbert and I think they are very lucky to have him. I hope he will continue to work with them. He was such a lovely skater but must be difficult for him being alone in Russia, so we'll see.
Ksenia and Fedor work with the man who always appear with them in K&C, Vladislav Zhovnirski, and Mozer of course.

Ah yes, I had presumed it was one big happy bubble! I did see Robin post pics of T/M being coached on the twist by V/T, he put that on his public Facebook page. Unsure if Robin's wife is with him there as well in Moscow? Still, methinks that since they are all in the same camp that they'd have to socialize at some point and use a common language. Unless our girl Ksenia speaks German too?

What I love is that despite the fact that he and Aljona competed fiercely with V/T for this last quad, that they are all friends (unsure if that's the case with Aljona these days). There is a lot of mutual respect between them, you could glean that even when Max blasted D/R for the alleged lack of artistry at the GPF. Now they all work together after Nina Mozer very smartly saw an opportunity with Robin's split. T/M aren't my favourite pair quite yet but they have improved very quickly this season and become more confident, and I'm sure Robin had a lot to do with that!

Thanks for the clarification! Sorry for side-tracking this into a talk about Robin S ... he should get a thread of his own? :p

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
Thats fine. He does work with Mozer's group, so this is a good topic as well as T&M one. :)Although I'm a bit surprised that S&S don't have a topic here, or maybe I missed it? :think:

I'm not sure Robin's wife is there with him permanently. I think he could do very well with Mozer, for their students and himself as well. We'll have to wait and see if he will renew his contract by the end of the season.