Lombardia: General Info | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Lombardia: General Info

Pattina

On the Ice
IceLab official page on FB has posted the provisional schedule of practice and competitions, but still no info on tickets (prices and purchasing)

https://www.facebook.com/IceLabBergamo/posts/852580124900380

For those from foreing Countries who are planning to attend and wish to watch practice: Palasesto, the place of some practice sessions, is about 50 kilometers far from Bergamo. It's Milano, basically.

Let's hope that IceLab will give more info when they issue tickets and prices

snowball529

Spectator
Dear Snowball529, could you please provide some links? At present, the official IceLab FB page does not report anything about tickets and prices.

You say you have already paid, so somehow, somewhere you have found bank details.

Thanks in advance for help!! :)

IceLab sent me the bank detail so I made bank transfer. Please see below.

You can proceed as follow:

You can retire your ticket in ICELAB rink the day of competition but you can buy them before, sending us a bank transfert at :
ICELAB S.S.D. S.r.l.
C.F. e P.Iva 04063270161
Via Ravizza, 23 - 24126 Bergamo Italy
Bergamo tel. 0350276047
[email protected]
c/c presso Banca Prossima
Filiale 05000 c/c 1000/134691
IBAN IT22 I033 5901 6001 0000 0134 691

Please send us also a copy of the bank transfert.
Please specificate the date and/or the event you want to watch other the name of the person for the ticket.

I haven't got any reply from IceLab yet...

Pattina

On the Ice
IceLab sent me the bank detail so I made bank transfer. Please see below.

You can proceed as follow:

You can retire your ticket in ICELAB rink the day of competition but you can buy them before, sending us a bank transfert at :
ICELAB S.S.D. S.r.l.
C.F. e P.Iva 04063270161
Bergamo tel. 0350276047
[email protected]

Please send us also a copy of the bank transfert.
Please specificate the date and/or the event you want to watch other the name of the person for the ticket.

I haven't got any reply from IceLab yet...

Thank you for your kind reply. What's lacking, by now, it a link to official information about prices. That's why I asked you how you get the info on costs.

EDIT I understand that you wrote to them before and now they replied. What's weird is that in this way some people have access and can buy and others, who are just waiting for official selling, can not.

Last year, when they issued tickets, at first bank transfert was the only way to pay. After many people reacted badly on their FB page, they started to sell tickets also through an on-line ticket agency, so payment with paypal or credit card was also possible. I hope this year they do the same.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Finally the ticket info from the organizer, posted on Ice Lab facebook page.

- 35,00 €/single event
- 80,00 €/all day
- 220,00 €/3day all event
Official practices on 13th wed. sessions at Palasesto on 14-15th are open to public free of charge.

Bank transfers can be made to this account, send them a copy of the transfer received by the bank, plus the name(s) of the ticket holder(s), plus which event/date you are buying for.

ICELAB S.S.D. S.r.l.
C.F. e P.Iva 04063270161
Bergamo tel. 0350276047
www.ice-lab.it

For info and questions you can write to : [email protected]

MGstyle

Medalist
It's absolutely scandalous, a highway robbery. And with this price less than minimum of organization or customer service. I can not NOT go because of the presence of two of my dear beloved (Jason & Deniss) plus Stephane the coach as the icing on top, such a unique opportunity, so I had to bend myself backwards to cough up, but if ISU finds out the situation, I am afraid they will remove Lombardia in the future. It's a total disgrace as an ISU event. :scowl:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
It's absolutely scandalous, a highway robbery. And with this price less than minimum of organization or customer service. I can not NOT go because of the presence of two of my dear beloved (Jason & Deniss) plus Stephane the coach as the icing on top, such a unique opportunity, so I had to bend myself backwards to cough up, but if ISU finds out the situation, I am afraid they will remove Lombardia in the future. It's a total disgrace as an ISU event. :scowl:
Cost is indeed, pretty shocking... o_O

But you bought tickets already?
Did you get a print-at-home PDF or something?
Or do you have to collect tickets at the rink?
How does it work?

MGstyle

Medalist
Cost is indeed, pretty shocking... o_O

But you bought tickets already?
Did you get a print-at-home PDF or something?
Or do you have to collect tickets at the rink?
How does it work?

They wrote to me to confirm that my tickets are booked. (I had to write to them to solicit for some kind of confirmation. I only received a notice from the bank that my payment went through, but nothing from the organizer for 3 days. :hpull:) The tickets will be collected on site during the competition.
I guess I have to print out all the Email communication plus the record of bank transfer as a "proof" to present at the time of collection.
Last year, due to a huge amount of complaints, they did set up an online purchase method through a ticket selling site after a while. So that "may" happen also this time. Who knows.
This is the apex of the immaculate "Italian organization" :disapp:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
They wrote to me to confirm that my tickets are booked. (I had to write to them to solicit for some kind of confirmation. I only received a notice from the bank that my payment went through, but nothing from the organizer for 3 days. :hpull:) The tickets will be collected on site during the competition.
I guess I have to print out all the Email communication plus the record of bank transfer as a "proof" to present at the time of collection.
Last year, due to a huge amount of complaints, they did set up an online purchase method through a ticket selling site after a while. So that "may" happen also this time. Who knows.
This is the apex of the immaculate "Italian organization" :disapp:
With only 12 days to go... isn't it a bit late to set up online ticketing?!

Well. Despite the ridiculous cost, I couldn't resist it either...
And I finally received a confirmation email too, just now.

It was hard to choose between Lombardia and Ondrej Nepela... both have a great many skaters that interest me... but Lombardia simply has more !

I wonder when I can collect my 3-day pass though. If it's only during the regular ticket office opening times (10:00-18:00?)... I might not get there in time on Wednesday... and then they might not let me see the draw at 19:30 Wednesday (if that's open to us at all), or the Thursday morning practices. Well, it's not that big of a deal, I'm not going to worry about it. I'll just see what happens.

Must remember my travel cushion and blanket, for those cold hard concrete steps...! ^_^;

MGstyle

Medalist
With only 12 days to go... isn't it a bit late to set up online ticketing?!

Well. Despite the ridiculous cost, I couldn't resist it either...
And I finally received a confirmation email too, just now.

It was hard to choose between Lombardia and Ondrej Nepela... both have a great many skaters that interest me... but Lombardia simply has more !

I wonder when I can collect my 3-day pass though. If it's only during the regular ticket office opening times (10:00-18:00?)... I might not get there in time on Wednesday... and then they might not let me see the draw at 19:30 Wednesday (if that's open to us at all), or the Thursday morning practices. Well, it's not that big of a deal, I'm not going to worry about it. I'll just see what happens.

Must remember my travel cushion and blanket, for those cold hard concrete steps...! ^_^;

They did announce that the practice session on Wednesday was open to public free of charge, so perhaps the draw is also open as well. Possibly a bigger crowd during the ladies practice on Thursday morning, as I wouldn't be surprised if people flock to see Kostner free, and therefore there may be some sort of control. But I have a feeling there won't be any. You can ask on Wednesday at the rink if you can find any staff who knows enough (now that is a big question as well!)
Yes, several people did recommend something to put under your bum, to sit on, as it is quite hard and uncomfortable. Also it is reported that inside is freezing cold, so an extra jumper or fleece or something may come in handy.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
They did announce that the practice session on Wednesday was open to public free of charge, so perhaps the draw is also open as well. Possibly a bigger crowd during the ladies practice on Thursday morning, as I wouldn't be surprised if people flock to see Kostner free, and therefore there may be some sort of control. But I have a feeling there won't be any. You can ask on Wednesday at the rink if you can find any staff who knows enough (now that is a big question as well!)
Yes, several people did recommend something to put under your bum, to sit on, as it is quite hard and uncomfortable. Also it is reported that inside is freezing cold, so an extra jumper or fleece or something may come in handy.
Oh? Perhaps google translate is missing something... but the way it came out I thought it meant for the Bergamo rink, only the Wednesday practices were free entry? And the other days needed a ticket? And the free-entry to practices on Thursday/Friday meant the Palasesto rink...

Ticket prices are (google translated):
- 35,00 € / event
- 80,00 € / day + workouts of the day
- 220,00 EUR 3 days of race + workouts of race days.

Google translates "allenamenti" as "workouts". Does that actually mean "practices" in this context? If so, why would they specifically say that day tickets include practices, if the practices are free entry anyway? o_O

Hmm. And about "Ask on Wednesday at the rink"... well, are they likely to speak English? Because sadly, my Italian is... to put it mildly... "very limited" ^_^; (If I have to say anything more complicated than "ciao" I'll have to type it into a translation app on my tablet, and hold up the screen for them to read! And pray it makes some kind of sense! :-D)

MGstyle

Medalist
Oh? Perhaps google translate is missing something... but the way it came out I thought it meant for the Bergamo rink, only the Wednesday practices were free entry? And the other days needed a ticket? And the free-entry to practices on Thursday/Friday meant the Palasesto rink...

Ticket prices are (google translated):
- 35,00 € / event
- 80,00 € / day + workouts of the day
- 220,00 EUR 3 days of race + workouts of race days.

Google translates "allenamenti" as "workouts". Does that actually mean "practices" in this context? If so, why would they specifically say that day tickets include practices, if the practices are free entry anyway? o_O

Hmm. And about "Ask on Wednesday at the rink"... well, are they likely to speak English? Because sadly, my Italian is... to put it mildly... "very limited" ^_^; (If I have to say anything more complicated than "ciao" I'll have to type it into a translation app on my tablet, and hold up the screen for them to read! And pray it makes some kind of sense! :-D)

Yes, Allenamenti/Allenamento mean Practices/practice. The Wednesday session and all the practices held at Palasesto are open and free, confirmed. How it works for other practices in Bergamo on the competition days are still behind the purple haze, the only guaranteed entry is with the all day/all event ticket. I also asked them hoping they would explain a little more precisely what you expect from a day ticket, and what you will be left out on without, and if there is a single ticket for a practice session, but they never answered that particular question. But I have a hunch that the tickets are just a formality and actually anyone can get in! (It's just my hunch, I repeat, I don't swear anything though!)

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Schedules changed again... see here

The practice schedules suggest there is one more withdrawal from Ladies, and one more from Ice Dance... yet to be announced...?

Weather forecast says rain showers and possibly thunderstorms, Thursday-Saturday :-/

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Forgot that the Lombardia was this week. :drama:

Is this a Senior only competition this year? Because I can't find any mention about any other levels.

Or, is there no Junior competition at the Lombardia because Italy has a Junior GP in a few weeks time?

If this is the case, then it's not fair! I really enjoyed watching all the levels at the Lombardia over the past few years. And it led to me discovering quite a few young Italian skaters that I really like.

But, only 3 Italians can compete at the GP. Which means one of the girls I am specifically thinking about, Alessia Tornaghi, is missing out! :mad: (Thankfully, Elisabetta Leccardi is included! :cheer: )

CaroLiza_fan